Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Whoa, where did the model thread go?

Paul

Posted

You may have spotted that the model thread has a new home - that's over in the winter forum. 

The reason is that we're trying to simplify the forum layout, and having the model thread in it's own area wasn't particularly intuitive, as it belongs alongside other relevant threads. Outside of the winter it'll live either in the general thread, or within the current seasonal thread if one is running. 

We've also removed the model banter thread, and will have an ongoing general chat, banter, moans and ramps thread which doesn't necessarily need to be model related any longer. 

Hopefully this'll make flicking between relevant threads a lot easier for everyone, and although we know that some will miss the model area we felt this was something worth trying. 

Thanks

Paul

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Hi Paul. I can understand the reasoning for placing the MOD in the winter section, but to be honest, the winter section now looks a bit of a mess to me with all the sticky threads and broad range of topics together.

I doubt it makes things any more clear to newcomers.

Posted

I think that's kind of the point though tbh - with the model thread being a very popular place to read/take part in, a lot of people head in there but maybe didn't see other relevant discussions when they were in that model discussion area 'cocoon'.

Now they're together, which as well as hopefully making it easier for people to jump in and out of relevant/interesting threads, it should cut down on off topic posts in the model thread as things like the general chat threads are that much closer to hand and visible. 

I don't disagree that we need to be careful in terms of the number of stickied threads though as they do tend to cluster the top of the page if we have too many on the go, I've un-stickied a couple this morning for that reason.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

It does look a bit cleaner with some of the sticky threads gone. I don't venture into the MOD threads too often these days so I wasn't aware that the off-topic posts were still a big issue, but I can see how this would help reduce them and increase participation in other more relevant threads.

Anyway, it's probably just my own tendency to prefer things in discrete categories coming into play here.

• Like 1