Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
3 hours ago, Neiller22 said:

Roll on Spring and summer is all I can say. Once again I'm sick of this sorry ass excuse of a winter! It's just ridiculous trying to get decent snow in the uk. Had enough now. Want warmer temps and longer days back ASAP!

I totally agree it just seems like hard work to get a decent 2 week snow event to get a proper northerly or long drawn Beastly is nearly impossible, wait and see it will snow this weekend after are complaints haha but gone the next day of course..

Golfing season is starting so if we are not going to get proper snow event then im all for  Warmer Temps and longer days asap.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms
6 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Regrettably all the Spring forecasts I have seen point to a continuation of our semi permanent Autumnal climate. 

Ian Ferguson made a post recently that didn't sound too bad for Spring and early Summer. Click on the link below for the whole comment.

Edited by BornFromTheVoid

4 hours ago, Neiller22 said:

Roll on Spring and summer is all I can say. Once again I'm sick of this sorry ass excuse of a winter! It's just ridiculous trying to get decent snow in the uk. Had enough now. Want warmer temps and longer days back ASAP!

I agree with you 100% Roll on Spring!

Posted

Had just logged in to make a post saying that I can't wait for a bit of warmth now but you all got there before me. Lol. Really bored with this winter now! It's just weeks of endless let downs. 

Posted

This cold spell if you want to call it that is going to be complete joke you have lows with precipitation missing majority of us and the cold air locked up the North the south just looks to warm for anything i give up roll on spring sick of this crap lets move on as this winter is a bust.

Posted

Can't believe it, thought the forecast was for a clear frosty night, was getting telescope ready. It started sleeting/ wet snow and hour ago and hasn't stopped. Surely some of you have a covering

Posted

In fact looking at the weather radar it's showing freezing rain south of Newry, so be careful on the roads!

Edited by bobbarley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Some cool looking clouds/fog were rolling over the crest of Glenhordial mountain above Omagh earlier this evening. Could only catch it on my phone camera so didn't do it justice, very impressive sight.

IMAG2052.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
19 hours ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Ian Ferguson made a post recently that didn't sound too bad for Spring and early Summer. Click on the link below for the whole comment.

First three weeks of March look below average at present with a primarily Westerly element so April and May would need to be good to get above average for the season.

Posted

Still raining but the temperature is dropping, 3.6C now. Should start turning a bit sleety soon.

Posted

Yep, down to 3.0C now and the odd sleety flake appearing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

According to radar there seems to be an organised band of snow moving through NE of N Ireland at the minute. 

Posted

Could be the coldest night of the winter here. Down to 0.8C atm.

Posted

beautiful clear day today. could see the mournes from my house and they are snow covered. should be a hard frost tonight.

Posted

Currently -2.5C, after a low of -3.0C, so the coldest night of the winter so far. Some rare blue skies too.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

lovely clear and crisp morning with a sharp frost. First air frost in almost a month. overnight low was -1.4c,currrently - 0.2c.