Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Say what you like about the weather recently, but you can't say it's been dull!

Given the rain in recent days, and the red warning out for the northwest, there is a chance of some exceptional flooding coming up. Looks like there could be even more heavy falls on Monday too.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Noticed a great link over in model thread, here are the 850 temps for the centre of Ulster over the coming weeks. Plenty of blues/dark blues popping up. Fingers crossed!

Screenshot_2015-12-04-15-40-05.png

• Like 2

Posted

A stormy drive home from Belfast this evening.  Not as much rain as I feared but definitely windy. Seen my first red kite bird  flying across the M1 just before junction 9which to a geek like me was rather exciting, the girlfriend was rather non plused though... 

• Like 2

Posted

Not much rain here at all but the winds differently howling.

Winds to peak about 12 so windy night ahead!! Already see i'll have to go bin collecting in the morning!!

• Like 1

Posted

Well, I know it's very windy. My anemometer just blew off it's perch and into one of my neighbours garden, ripping the wire from it's casing too!!! It wasn't working after storm Barney, now I know why!!! 

Anyway, rainfall at 9mm in the last 3 hours. Heavy beautiful stormy madness out there. Be safe everyone, I was getting up a ladder to hang icicle lights at about 5pm, bot up about 6 rounds of the ladder, and came back down after a fierce gust!!!

• Like 3

Posted

Been hardly any rain here at all either but blowing a bit all right! Looking at models I think wind could be stronger tomorrow afternoon and evening after brief lull in the morning! And I'm predicting a white Xmas ! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

it's been quite blowy up here tonight since the afternoon but not exceptionally so as far as i know not too much rain either.

Posted

A bit windy and a bit wet here today, wind not as strong or sustained as last night.

Not good what's happening across in Cumbria area, hope everyone's safe!!

50 miles south from there and it's dry and a bit breezy.....crazy!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Was a windy night it was hard to judge the wind in work though plenty of heavy rain though the river roe is nearly bursting it's banks. 

It's a breezy night out there again tonight.

Posted

Could be wrong but I believe the jurisdiction a storm reaches first that Met organisation gets to name it. I suspect a lot of these storms will have Irish type names! 

Posted

Its absolutely wild out today, my 2 year old was blown over in a car park... It was extremely difficult to choke back the laughter!!! Not so much rain here, but I'm told a lot of storm damage countrywide. 

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Rotten day it was today,rained for most of the day here and of course very windy wth it,but of course this storm is more about the rain then the wind. The weather we have been having lately reminds me a bit of Nov 2009 with all the rain the country experianced then etc. The sooner we get a pattern change the better.

Edited by sundog

Posted
2 hours ago, sundog said:

Rotten day it was today,rained for most of the day here and of course very windy wth it,but of course this storm is more about the rain then the wind. The weather we have been having lately reminds me a bit of Nov 2009 with all the rain the country experianced then etc. The sooner we get a pattern change the better.

Was thinking the same thing sundog,  who knows... 

• Like 1

Posted

Up in Strabane for the night. Flooding is awful both routes across the border are flooded,no cheap fuel today

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

unreal flooding this morning. counted 7 different roads closed in a small area around monaghan town and clogher valley.

• Like 1

Posted

Interesting maps posted up on boards.ie (taken from Met Eireann).

attachment.php?attachmentid=370889&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=370888&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=370891&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=370892&stc=1

• Like 1

Posted

Met Eireann warnings were spot on. However the Met office yellow warning of rainfall was wrong IMO for Western Areas of NI.  The highest daily total for NI Saturday was over 70mm of rain can't remember name of location was too hungover and it's gone now ha. I'm not saying should have been red but amber for sure

Edited by -Bomber-

Posted

Latest GFS would give renewed flooding the NW England, as well as flooding in SW Ireland.

Looks like 24-36 hours of heavy rain in the SW of Ireland, from the early hours of Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon

Tc1Ri25.pngmlDe9xp.png

Edited by BornFromTheVoid

Posted

Torrential rain and very gusty winds made for some fun driving today!

The 12z GFS continues with the wet and windy theme, but gives all of Ireland a good soaking through all of next weekend. Wettest December on record anyone?