Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
25 minutes ago, -Bomber- said:

ECM for Saturday

ECU0-72.GIF?27-0

And a continuation of this mornings great run

ECU0-192.GIF?27-0

ECU0-216.GIF?27-0

On boards there is a guy who said next weeks charts are rubbish and only fools are getting excited on here. And there will be a NE wind for a day or two and only two days he said there wouldn't be a NE or E until March. I deleted my account there and now I know why, done with it. Sorry needed to vent after reading what the idiot said haha. Anyway next week isn't certain by any means but it's encouraging and we may see some snow this Saturday too. I had an isolated sleety/wet snow shower earlier

Is that boards ie Bomber??  Never tried that forum, it would feel like cheating lol

Posted
26 minutes ago, -Bomber- said:

ECM for Saturday

ECU0-72.GIF?27-0

And a continuation of this mornings great run

ECU0-192.GIF?27-0

ECU0-216.GIF?27-0

On boards there is a guy who said next weeks charts are rubbish and only fools are getting excited on here. And there will be a NE wind for a day or two and only two days he said there wouldn't be a NE or E until March. I deleted my account there and now I know why, done with it. Sorry needed to vent after reading what the idiot said haha. Anyway next week isn't certain by any means but it's encouraging and we may see some snow this Saturday too. I had an isolated sleety/wet snow shower earlier

I know exactly what you mean dude. I used to post on irelandsweather.com Never again. Talk about snobbery and looking down their nose at you! 

Anyway, I digress. A very interesting ECM days 6,7,8 etc. Too far away for any sort of confodence, but would be nice to see the GFS come on board to some extent. Very reminiscent of how 1983 developed! That was a memorable winter!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Looks like that heavy band is just skirting north of us Pom, although we might get the tail end of it. Haven't been following the weather as closely this past week so a nice bonus tonight ahead of, potentially, something more exciting at the weekend/next week.

Screenshot_2016-01-27-21-20-10.png

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
1 hour ago, Rocheydub said:

I know exactly what you mean dude. I used to post on irelandsweather.com Never again. Talk about snobbery and looking down their nose at you! 

Anyway, I digress. A very interesting ECM days 6,7,8 etc. Too far away for any sort of confodence, but would be nice to see the GFS come on board to some extent. Very reminiscent of how 1983 developed! That was a memorable winter!!!

1 hour ago, Pomeroysnow said:

1983 sticks in my memory Rochey even though I was only 8 think this is where my love for the snow began.  Speaking on a selfish level I hope to see a good fall of snow to test the camera on my new phone  :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I dunno rochey and pom ,winter 82/83 i thought was a disappionting winter. I was 9 at the time and it was the first winter i remember that i didnt get much snow. It did get colder in feb but i think all i got was around an inch of snow one night that was nearly all gone by the following evening and maybe one or two dustings. Maybe others did better but it was a much milder winter overall then the one before it and the ones that followed.

Posted

hi guys, haven't had internet for the last month since moved house! back online now. been a poor winter so far for us snowies but hopefully we can salvage something. a few wintry flurries here earlier but nothing laying.

• Like 1

Posted

Friday Night Saturday look great for Snow and then Saturday night Sunday Morning a band of precipitation pushing in from the Atlantic turns to snow for us and is taking a more southerly track each GFS run this allows the cold air to hang on in the north up to Mid Sunday this is one to watch.

• Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, sundog said:

I dunno rochey and pom ,winter 82/83 i thought was a disappionting winter. I was 9 at the time and it was the first winter i remember that i didnt get much snow. It did get colder in feb but i think all i got was around an inch of snow one night that was nearly all gone by the following evening and maybe one or two dustings. Maybe others did better but it was a much milder winter overall then the one before it and the ones that followed.

Maybe I am mistaking 83 for 84, once you hit 40 your memory is fe cked

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
13 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

Maybe I am mistaking 83 for 84, once you hit 40 your memory is fe cked

lol. winter 83/84 i remember that jan we got a decent cold spell which was of the very cold zonal type which is certainly rare these days with plenty of snow. 

Well things are looking better atm regards next week and hopefully feb will try to make up for whats been a poor winter so far.

Edited by sundog
  • Like 1

Posted

Actually think I'm thinking of 82... Bless me, I'm not as smart as I used to be!!! 

Posted

Actually think I'm thinking of 82... Bless me, I'm not as smart as I used to be!!! 

Posted
Just now, Baltic Regions said:

Bless you twice.

Hah! Thanks! :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

I have my first proper snow symbols of the winter for Friday night Saturday morning on the forecast. 

Posted

Latest met office update for NI- Outlook for Saturday to Monday:
Bitterly cold Saturday with sleet or snow showers and gales.

I think a wind warning may be issued for the early hours/tomorrow morning

Edited by -Bomber-

Posted
1 hour ago, -Bomber- said:

Latest met office update for NI- Outlook for Saturday to Monday:
Bitterly cold Saturday with sleet or snow showers and gales.

I think a wind warning may be issued for the early hours/tomorrow morning

You're right....

image.png

Posted
11 minutes ago, Aliaalu said:

You're right....

image.png

They just released an Amber wide warning for the whole NI just after that. I can only remember amber wind warnings for the North coast over the last couple of Winters so not a common occurrence of late. This storm will be named Gertrude.

2016-1-29

80mph possible 

Met Eireann updated their wind warning-

STATUS ORANGE

Wind Warning for Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Dublin, Longford, Louth, Wexford, Wicklow, Meath, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo, Clare, Kerry and Waterford

Southwest winds later veering westerly, will increase 65 to 80 km/h overnight and will gust 110 to 130 km/h at times. The strongest winds mainly in northern and western coastal areas.

Edited by -Bomber-
  • Like 2

Posted

And we're now in range on the hirlam hi Res model, and it shows snow for early Saturday. Getting my hopes up!

• Like 2

Posted

Just had a nosey in the Model Thread, sorry the Midlands/South Model thread and made a quick retreat. Unless you live up a mountain then you won't see any snow this weekend.