Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
6 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

Jez that's some difference in temperature for Ulster compared to the rest of Ireland!! 

Aye we could see a couple of days like that over the next week

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

Saturday looks nice, but not making the same mistake of getting my hopes up.

Yea with caution not getting my hopes up either until i see the white stuff actually fall from the sky.

Posted

Hey folks, I've been lurking about.  That model thread is highly amusing.  seems to be a few bipolar types...on a total high one minute and suicidal the next.  If I hear the phrase that winter is over for this year one more time though I will crack.... If I could give them a good slap and tell them to wise up I would so I will do it virtually!

north/ northwesterlies, yes please!  It may not excite those in Kent but hey ho.  

I predict there's a reasonable good chance of snow Saturday. Purely because I'm working a 14 hr shift and our best snows always arrive when I'm working, and not for any scientific reason.  Anyone have any advice if so about driving in it? I have read conflicting advice on the internet that I should keep either as low a gear or as high gear as possible!  Confused!  I obviously need more winters driving practice LOL

Hope you're all well my dears.  If snow arrives Saturday you can thank my shift pattern :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Drive in as low a gear as possible when driving downhill

Drive in as high a gear as possible when moving uphill

Avoid sharp braking and rapid acceleration and if you go into a skid tap the brakes instead of flooring it and turn into skid.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Was woken twice last night by torrential rain. Some serious squally showers must have crossed the country a few times.

Posted

Busy week of warnings ahead. Rain warning for Western NI on Thur/Friday issued but more to the point a SNOW warning has also been issued for Friday/Sat. It's for the North of NI but it will be updated/modified before then so lets wait and see. Also no wind warning issued for Friday but NI just outside the warning area so may see one yet. 

Below the snow warning is in there somewhere 

2016-1-29

2016-1-30

Valid from: 
2100 on Fri 29 Jan 2016

Valid to: 
1500 on Sat 30 Jan 2016

Warning mentions 1-3cm mostly for higher ground but lower areas could see a covering too. Mingiest snow warning ever but who knows ha

Edited by -Bomber-
  • Like 1

Posted

The Hi res models showing a scattering of wintery showers for tonight, but mostly confined to high ground...
http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/hirlam.php?map=430

Saturday certainly has piqued my interest mind you!

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

Must be getting your shower here to Ronan,  mad considering the mild weather we have had!! 

Na that was a different one Pom as been keeping an eye on radar. They are moving west to east. 

Posted

The flucations in temps at the minute is crazy.

The radar is currently showing snow moving in so some could get a wee surprise....wee being the big word

Posted

ECM for Saturday

ECU0-72.GIF?27-0

And a continuation of this mornings great run

ECU0-192.GIF?27-0

ECU0-216.GIF?27-0

On boards there is a guy who said next weeks charts are rubbish and only fools are getting excited on here. And there will be a NE wind for a day or two and only two days he said there wouldn't be a NE or E until March. I deleted my account there and now I know why, done with it. Sorry needed to vent after reading what the idiot said haha. Anyway next week isn't certain by any means but it's encouraging and we may see some snow this Saturday too. I had an isolated sleety/wet snow shower earlier

Edited by -Bomber-
  • Like 2