Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

was monitoring all short term forecasters today closely and non had me snowing at all,worst was yr.no had plus 3 and rain in morning update,gfs,aprege,nothing,closest were euro4 at 11 oclock update,even that was showing snow only at tops of Wicklow mnts, the weather channel on mobile app started to show snow symbols for 7pm at 6pm and it snowed here roughly between 8 and 10, kids will be so happy if it doesn't melt untill morning,totally unexpected event here at quite low altitude of 200mts

Posted

I'm still not happy with output Pom. I think we will miss the worst of it. Will be colder but not overly cold and I think it's rain for us and snow for most of everybody else. Just didn't get the luck on this one. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Looks like it Pom. Checked the ecm 850s for the week ahead and the uppers remain at -4 or below from 1am on tuesday right through to the weekend. Hopefully we get some precipitation engagement with the right atmospheric conditions to produce the goods. What's the thoughts on Thursdays system? What direction is it moving in from, if it comes in from SW we could miss it in the north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

-0.6C overnight here, coldest night of the winter so far. 

As for the models, a definite upgrade in the last few runs. I still think Wednesday night could be good for much of the country, especially anywhere with a little elevation.

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at the models last night, Dublin and the Wicklow area seemed to have the lowest dew points and 2m temps of anywhere in Ireland so hopefully could do well in this set up

Posted

You couldn't make it Pom  !! its safe to say anything could happen. Only problem is its the dreaded Pub run! But for once lets hope its onto something. Cannot understand the complete turnaround:nonono:

• Like 2

Posted

I'm glad I'm back to work tomorrow, will stop me religiously following every gfs and ecm run!

Edited by bobbarley
  • Like 1

Posted

I find it hard to believe the GFS is now backing the UKMO. Complete turnaround. If this keeps showing then it not on prolongs the cold but with highs building in to Scandi then there could be an easterly down the line to. All to play for. Interesting day of model watching on the way tomorrow.  

Edited by ronan
  • Like 3

Posted

I've not posted for a while but I basically don't have a clue what's going to happen next week.

Lampost watching it is, more accurate than the models.

• Like 3

Posted

Honestly i can,t remember the models flipping so much ECM backs down to go in line with GFS then GFS 18h pulls a rabbit out of the hat.

Model of the week for me is UKMO it has not flipped like the rest and has stayed pretty solid only for slight downgrades on the northerly  its the one to watch at the minute.:)

• Like 2

Posted
On 1/7/2016 at 11:30 AM, Pomeroysnow said:

Every time I post that crap shows up ha

Met Eireann using the S word for tonight 

Tonight

Cold, windy and blustery tonight with strong and gusty northwest winds which will be up to gale force in northern coastal and hilly areas. Quite showery too, with some heavy and locally wintry showers at times, especially over northern and western areas, where some sleet and snow can be expected.

Posted
4 minutes ago, -Bomber- said:

Every time I post that crap shows up ha

Met Eireann using the S word for tonight 

Tonight

Cold, windy and blustery tonight with strong and gusty northwest winds which will be up to gale force in northern coastal and hilly areas. Quite showery too, with some heavy and locally wintry showers at times, especially over northern and western areas, where some sleet and snow can be expected.

Oi who you calling crap lol, good to see Bomber, now time to see what's going on in the model thread.. 

• Like 1

Posted

Well now, Gfs continues it's backtrack,  it's going to be cold us in the West alternating between -4 and -6 uppers, you guys in the East mostly around -8, cold and dry the order of the day do we think???  We still await GP's torpedo to strike on top of this!!