Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
30 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Why? your crystal ball seeing something we don't! hope your right but cant see it

You have really been downbeat about this from the word go mostly negative posts one thing for sure its better than the endless mild wet mug we have seeing for the last 2 months, all of next week is going to be a lot colder than what we have been seeing and chances for snow for all.:)

Negativity belongs n the model tread you will find a lot of mates there.:D

Edited by booferking
  • Like 2

Posted
51 minutes ago, booferking said:

You have really been downbeat about this from the word go mostly negative posts one thing for sure its better than the endless mild wet mug we have seeing for the last 2 months, all of next week is going to be a lot colder than what we have been seeing and chances for snow for all.:)

Negativity belongs n the model tread you will find a lot of mates there.:D

Can you not have an opinion on here without being classified as negative. All I stated was that I did not buy into this cold spell yet solely because we have been burned so many times before! just because I wasn't ramping up the snow and cold chances to be prolonged doesn't mean I cannot post! (or should I say I can post if its in the negative model thread as you put it). If you go back through my posts I think u will find that I was stating that I hope things would change and that wanted snow as much as anybody! However if you kindly show where its states that I am not allowed an opinion positive or negative on this forum I will certainly stop asap. If not I will continue to post as I see fit in one opinion or the other and try to be balanced overall in what I think may happen.

Ps Forum team if I am too negative and cannot post an opinion on here and only on the model thread as so brilliantly put above by Booferking I will surely abide by the rules of this forum. And I hope we all get snow and the models show a deep freeze next week for all concerned. Models to flip tonight. Its a cert there will be no mild! That positive enough Booferking! :) 

• Like 1

Posted

Look guys if we get anything dry and cold for a few days i will take it. I have had enough of this rain and even if it did snow the Gardens/fields are that bloody wet your snow men will be wearing brown coats. Lets just take what we get and see what happens next.

Edited by somofagun
  • Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Can be Pom. Here's hoping. (ican post this can I) Not being to negative :)

Neiller you can post anything lol, you have a more a glass half empty approach to the weather which is probably wise, I just like to read what the more (in my opinion)  knowledgeable poster are stating before I get despondent and I am still quite confident with what they post

Posted
1 minute ago, somofagun said:

Look guys if we get anything dry and cold for a few days i will take it. I have had enough of this rain and even if it did snow the Gardens/fields are that bloody wet your snow men will be wearing brown coats. Lets just take what we get and see what happens next.

Amen to this ^^, we sorely need a dry spell throughout the Island 

Posted
15 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

Neiller you can post anything lol, you have a more a glass half empty approach to the weather which is probably wise, I just like to read what the more (in my opinion)  knowledgeable poster are stating before I get despondent and I am still quite confident with what they post

Agree 100%.Im only a novice and do not proclaim to know much about the complexity of what the models show or will anybody know what they are going to show 100%. Anyway onwards and upwards

• Like 1

Posted

Well the Met office are sticking with there own model on the Fax charts by shifting the trigger low Eastwards more quickly with no troublesome short waves delaying the cold.

That's good enough for me..

Hopefully the 12s will bring some consensus either way.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Well the Met office are sticking with there own model on the Fax charts by shifting the trigger low Eastwards more quickly with no troublesome short waves delaying the cold.

That's good enough for me..

Hopefully the 12s will bring some consensus either way.

Just watched the BBC weather for the week ahead,  although it was from yesterday, I really see nothing to be worried about 

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

Interested tweets from IF worth a read on the cold thread 

what did he say Pom  Cant see it

Posted
42 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Can you not have an opinion on here without being classified as negative. All I stated was that I did not buy into this cold spell yet solely because we have been burned so many times before! just because I wasn't ramping up the snow and cold chances to be prolonged doesn't mean I cannot post! (or should I say I can post if its in the negative model thread as you put it). If you go back through my posts I think u will find that I was stating that I hope things would change and that wanted snow as much as anybody! However if you kindly show where its states that I am not allowed an opinion positive or negative on this forum I will certainly stop asap. If not I will continue to post as I see fit in one opinion or the other and try to be balanced overall in what I think may happen.

Ps Forum team if I am too negative and cannot post an opinion on here and only on the model thread as so brilliantly put above by Booferking I will surely abide by the rules of this forum. And I hope we all get snow and the models show a deep freeze next week for all concerned. Models to flip tonight. Its a cert there will be no mild! That positive enough Booferking! :) 

That,s more like it positive all the way to we see some of the white stuff,:)

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, booferking said:

Looking good pom like what he is saying i love being positive:)

Brilliant :)

Posted

BBC Newsline weather. Mon and Tues 5 and 6 Degrees in nearly westerly winds!!! That's the same temp as today so they must be seeing something different than everybody else. Quite bizarre really

Posted
19 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

BBC Newsline weather. Mon and Tues 5 and 6 Degrees in nearly westerly winds!!! That's the same temp as today so they must be seeing something different than everybody else. Quite bizarre really

That's cause they are pure mild fans lol

• Like 1

brill review of el nino on radio 4 yesterday .. ending with a forecast of cold 2nd half of winter .. as forecast by meto. in the autumn ... . I expect to come back from Brazil to read how big everyone's snowmen are !!  In the meantime .. snowed on again yesterday .. Ballygawley blizzard for 10 minutes ..

also .. local flooding on the Blackwater . Flood management appears to be in place .. protecting Lough Neagh fisheries . floods in unusual places . A life was lost locally where floods had been manipulated .. "died to save Lough Neagh " will hardly be on the death cert. ..

Posted
On 1/7/2016 at 11:30 AM, Pomeroysnow said:

Can't delete that. Strange 

Had a party last night sore head today can't face the model thread or much else ha. What's the latest?

Posted
Just now, -Bomber- said:

Can't delete that. Strange 

Had a party last night sore head today can't face the model thread or much else ha. What's the latest?

Doom gloom not so doom great yippee doom gloom,  there you go that should sum it up lol

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Neiller22 said:

Don't even get me started on their s***e forecasts!!

Posted

After 10 years watching the models I know very well how things change and just what FI is. I mentioned on Wednesday to wait for Saturday 12z before confirming cold and snow. I am still a little disappointed with the couple of changes but not surprised. Still time for upgrades and of course the Met a little more bullish. Guys the rampers on the Mod thread will always talk about T180 as if they weren't also talking T180 48 hours ago, they convince themselves, so ignore. My best bet is http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/atlantic/#type=temp and the 850 charts.

• Like 2