Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted

Bring on the snow!! I need my winter :p haha

Ive had enough of this rain.  Six mile water burst its banks again in Antrim.  it had gone down a bit but risen again!  seem to even rise while I was there walking round the castle gardens.  

Last photo is near Lough Neagh, this is unreal how high the lough is, couldn't go any further.  It is causing flooding round the area. 

1163_10153373095271915_1334833326995754012472397_10153373095341915_52361766499362036_10153373095396915_3282985636969449312400774_10153373095231915_67434257379621918736_10153373095191915_69721403974437

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Serious flooding on either side of M1 before junction12. At least a pattern change will bring respite to many families in crisis across these islands.

• Like 1

Posted

I think this year more than any other we need/deserve cold and snow. I seen flies in late December and last night. Never recall noticing them at this time of the year before ha. 

Posted

On a different note. There is rainfall warning in operation for tomorrow,Wednesday and Thursday for NI. Met Eireann also said a warning for Wednesday is likely. Also on the BBC weather Saturday was a washout, so not out of the woods yet regarding flooding 

• Like 1

Posted

Well, it's absolutely chucking down large droplets of rain here now!

Posted

What a turnaround overnight! Awful models this morn for a cold spell ! Looking more like a brief cold shot! Kudos to meto. They never bought it. Very disappointing. 

Posted
16 hours ago, Pomeroysnow said:

Aye Neiller. 

Should still see some snow this time next week but there doesn't look like much longevity. But it will be colder and perhaps more importantly. .drier.

Edited by mountain shadow

Posted

It's one run!! The models have been all over the place lately so winter can't be over with one run. Lol. My advice is to stay clear of the model thread until the 12z each day. 

Posted
1 hour ago, ronan said:

It's one run!! The models have been all over the place lately so winter can't be over with one run. Lol. My advice is to stay clear of the model thread until the 12z each day. 

Yup totally agree with this,  anyway this "cold" period is a bonus to what the likes of GP is anticipating further down the line, I believe his torpedo is still on track.... 

Posted

Yes certainly looks drier but I thought people wanted snow! Cold and dry doesn't sound like much snow to me guys. But yes we need drier weather as this flooding situation is getting worse. 

Posted

Ooooo. Toys out of the pram from Mr Murr in relation to a post GP  issued... I think the poor models are getting to some!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

BBC weather this afternoon starting to reflect the change in models (spell or snap: longevity to be determined) next week. I am liking the NNW direction of those winds and precipitation. Am I right in thinking this is the exact setup where we (in the west/north west) did very well last winter, snow wise?

Screenshot_2016-01-05-14-24-43_1.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
6 hours ago, Sperrin said:

BBC weather this afternoon starting to reflect the change in models (spell or snap: longevity to be determined) next week. I am liking the NNW direction of those winds and precipitation. Am I right in thinking this is the exact setup where we (in the west/north west) did very well last winter, snow wise?

Screenshot_2016-01-05-14-24-43_1.jpg

I think this is better Sperrin.  The snow you had in the NW last Winter was Polar Maritime or Returning Polar Maritime, next week is more Arctic in origin.

This should make any snow more widespread and to lower levels.

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely 12z so far. Let's hope the ECM plays ball and doesn't throw a spanner in the works. This evenings runs are a prime example of why we shouldn't look into each run in depth and take it as gospel. Of course the s**t can still hit the fan but we are trending in the right direction.

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

I think this is better Sperrin.  The snow you had in the NW last Winter was Polar Maritime or Returning Polar Maritime, next week is more Arctic in origin.

This should make any snow more widespread and to lower levels.

Strangely enough the biggest snowfall for me last Winter came from a SW wind. Almost a foot. Early to mid January before storm Rachel.  Of course the air originated in Canada. We have been starved of a proper Northerly so let's hope we can tap in to one

Edited by -Bomber-

Posted

Pom I hope your right but I'm not convinced at all ref this cold weather. I really think this is going to be watered down to a damp squid!! I really hope I'm wrong but we have been here so many times! Just cane see much snow or cold ! 

Posted

We are on the warm side of the so called colder wether. East England coldest. We will see very little snow if anything from that and will be cold for a day or two before becoming average again and the usual cold rain and wind. Fair play to met office. They have nailed there winter outlook which didn't give much cold weather.  Once again exacta weather going to look like plonkers!