Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I have a good feeling about what the models are showing. Air coming down from the north has appeared at times over the last days for the middle of the month. sometimes not always but sometimes the weather balances things out imo ,so you never know. What the ecm is showing tonight would be payback for last months horror show.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

After setting a new monthly rainfall record in December, Cork Airport has already recorded almost half of it's typical January rainfall in the first 3 days of the month!

Posted

Things are definitely looking up for us. Understandably people are being cautious but strong signals have been increasing the last 3\4 runs. Looking forward to today's 12z. 

• Like 2

Posted

Things are looking good for next week, alot of rain to contend with this week but.

I checked radar this morning and couldn't work out why there was a warning for rain as there was nothing coming in from the west, it seems that the rain is going in circles today, hasn;t really stopped raining here today.

Posted
2 minutes ago, booferking said:

Looking good for next week lads could see proper 4 day northerly then a reload on the 10th day with a better Greenland high to boot

ECH0-168.gif

ECH0-192.gif

ECH0-216.gif

ECH0-240.gif

ECH1-240 (1).gif

Some excellent charts there Boofer, spent a bit of time in the MT, I only usually pay attention to a couple of posters,  love it when Glacier Point posts, that man has a great way of conveying complicated information and making it more easy to understand for clueless people like myself.  Enjoying the contribution of you folk on there too, keep it going peeps :)

Posted
1 minute ago, Pomeroysnow said:

Some excellent charts there Boofer, spent a bit of time in the MT, I only usually pay attention to a couple of posters,  love it when Glacier Point posts, that man has a great way of conveying complicated information and making it more easy to understand for clueless people like myself.  Enjoying the contribution of you folk on there too, keep it going peeps :)

I agree 100% with you Glacier point seen this coming around the 30th Dec and once again he looks to be right in my eyes he is the best on this forum, not taking away what other good posters put in but i always look for his post he was bang on for the 2010 outbreak also if i remember rightly.:)

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, booferking said:

I agree 100% with you Glacier point seen this coming around the 30th Dec and once again he looks to be right in my eyes he is the best on this forum, not taking away what other good posters put in but i always look for his post he was bang on for the 2010 outbreak also if i remember rightly.:)

He was indeed I remember him talking about it on the horizon when we had Ian Brown ilk creaming themselves that winter was already over,  when GP speaks you pay attention!! 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

He was indeed I remember him talking about it on the horizon when we had Ian Brown ilk creaming themselves that winter was already over,  when GP speaks you pay attention!! 

Agree GP knows his stuff  but were did Ian Brown go is on this forum anymore possibly a different name??

Posted

A complete pattern change is taking place now and completely agree with your views on GP's posts, the man certainly knows his stuff.  Joe B has tweeted now.....

5 day means 500, 850 mb on Euro WMO show classic cold for US and Europe, Textbook blocking, collapse of jet!

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Things getting exciting now!

• Like 1