Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted

Yeah Bara Best only a few puddles due! Thats why we have an amber warning! Quality forecast last night. Keep up the good work. Going to be hairy later! 

Posted

Met office have increased the chances of cold weather in January. For the first time this winter they have snow for my location on Thursday night

• Like 1

Posted

2 minutes ago, -Bomber- said:

The first Amber rain warning this Autumn/Winter for Northern Ireland.  Considering the flooding in the West from Desmond and two weeks prior to that it could easily be the third. 

I am off the same opinion Bomber, I have been surprised at the lack of some warnings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Winds certainly picked up. Roads were seriously bad here too last too I haven't been out anywhere today to see but I'm sure they're going to be worse by tomorrow morning. 

I don't watch the weather or news on TV but from what I've heard the bbc have seriously underplayed this storm. 

Edited by gary1365

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Just back from Clonmel. They're rushing to get the flood defenses up, but water is already coming up through the drains. Plenty of surface water around and some strong winds, but nothing we haven't already seen this Autumn/Winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Wind is really picking up here the sister in laws back gate had blown down a while ago 2 doors down from me. My front gate is swinging on its hinges but I can't be bothered to go out and close it lol. The rain hasn't really arrived yet. 

Posted

If anyone needs sandbags in these areas - Sandbags will be available from 8pm at these locations from Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council - Mossley Mill, depot opp Ballyearl, Valley Leisure Centre, Hazelbank Park, Sixmile Leisure Centre, Newpark Antrim, Crumlin Leisure Centre, Toome House and Neillsbrook Comm Centre in Randalstown

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Wind really ramping up here, could be some damage later on.

Posted

So the penny finally dropped on our Bara! Classic! Lights flickering away here st my folks house though they are 250 metres asl ! I'm half tanked but loving it. Roll on mid Jan! Still on course for my predicted cold stap! But it was a pure guess to be honest! 

• Like 1

Posted

Yes Pom. Looking rough again in the morn. Let's hope this wind blows away all the mild and snow next on the cards! I really do love winter. 

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

I hear ye Bob, no electricity no fun.  Potential for some wintry showers tomorrow too apparently!!! 

If Barra mentioned wintry showers then its definitely not happening. Lol

Posted
25 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

I hear ye Bob, no electricity no fun.  Potential for some wintry showers tomorrow too apparently!!! 

I expect you will see some snow showers rattle through at your elevation ASL courtesy of a brisk westerly flow. 

image.thumb.png.ec24ef158043950e7149fb3bimage.thumb.png.e358c33a8953155669e85a22

• Like 2