Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

At least with the charts for later next week on the ecm it does winter at least making some effort at getting its finger out (even if it does look like a colder blip only atm). Maybe we will have xmas miracle and there will be upgrades,well thats what i want from santa lol.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Dublin airport almost broke it's December record of 15.4C, reaching 15.0C yesterday ad 15.2C on Wednesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Interesting tweet from Ian Ferguson this morning, something to cling on to?

Screenshot_2015-12-18-11-05-30.png

• Like 1

Posted

gfs 12z looking more seasonal for a few days over xmas like the ecm this morning. 

Im getting excited over the likelihood of some seasonal weather the last while has been just terrible,would love even to see a bloody frost!

Edited by sundog
  • Like 2

Posted

12.1C the max so far here today, so not as exceptionally mild as some spots. Temp is rising again though, currently 12.0C.

Posted

Temp has been rising here over the last few hours ,now at 14.2c. I find it all rather unnerving tbh as regards the climate nowadays.

Posted

12.9C now, hit 13.0C a short while ago. Suppose the extra elevation might be keeping temps a little lower here.

Dublin Airport again reporting 15C (Dec Record Max 15.4C) and Cork Airport at 13C (Dec Record Max 13.8C) on the latest ME update. It would be quite something for their warmest December temps to occur during the night. Suppose its a fitting end to what will be the warmest year on record globally and probably the most anomalously warm month globally too.

Posted

A low of 3.2C last night, the lowest of the month for me I think!

• Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, ronan said:

well sure maybe a glimmer of hope on the horizon! This would be a great start to 2016! :cold::cold: Probably no chance of happening but!

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo (1).png

No snow for Down though. !

Boooo

• Like 2

Posted

Heavy thunderstorm woke me up sometime after 2am. Lots of lightning and hail but most impressive of all were the winds that came out of nowhere.  Squall line lasted about 10 minutes almost 80mph recorded at magilligan. No mention of that when I saw the fc earlier some mentioned isolated showers ha 

Edited by -Bomber-

Posted

What's our chances of seeing a bit of snow on Christmas eve evening? Weekly BBC forecast showed snow showers moving through after the cold front passes. Models show -4 uppers across most of the north and gradually getting milder through Christmas day. Be a nice surprise to have some white stuff on the ground Christmas morning.

Looking ahead it appears that we (and Scotland) stand the best chance of getting more snow through PM incursions. 

Posted

I don't waken easily but that was a serious bang of thunder this morning! Thought the house was coming in on top of me. Lol. With regards to snow i reckon we have more chance towards months end. Could be some sleetyness over Xmas but nothing major. I think we could do quite well into the new year with PM incursions.

Posted

A very stormy night and morning!

Looking into next week and it appears we could get some joy. Appears to be a change to more regular bursts of PM air. We did very well in NW last year from this set up. Polar Maritime's post on this page looks particularly interesting!

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/84555-model-output-discussion-1st-december-onwards/?page=95

• Like 2

Posted

Very stormy here this morning and quite wintry with driving sleet! It's trying its best to snow! Definitely some interesting weather to come in the next week and another storm to look forward to on NYE which looks nasty in the current models. 

Posted

You know there's something up with the GFS when it's showing blizzards in Cork!

C3Ga05J.png Xf8fNRn.png bNuexO5.png nLiA7V6.png

• Like 4