Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

My min temp last night was 18.0c,in these warm summer nights I long for the return of autumn.

Posted

First cool night here in what seems weeks... Nice change!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Hasn't been wind like this for quite a while, sounds great!

Posted

A dull cloudy and often damp day today which gave me my coolest day in a long while. Max of 15.8c.

Posted

So what do we expect this weekend? Not too much I gather!

Posted

Yep MS, pure shiiiiittteee! :-) 

Temperate climate mearse!

Posted

The wind and rain sounds just like a good Autumn storm here. Of course, the warmth still in the air tells you it's summer. 

Posted

First day of the season that had that kind of autumn feeling about it,not temp wise but for its inclemency. Wet for most of the day although there was a brief brighter period in the early afternoon which allowed the temp to briefly hit 20c. 

Some very heavy showers this evening. I had to put the lights in my house on earlier this evening then i have had to for many weeks.

Edited by sundog

Definitely noticing shadows becoming longer, today was a much better day! I don't think its going to be too bad for the weekend hopefully.

Edited by Guest

Beautiful weather today with strong sunshine.. Lovely and warm. Later on though during the evening an intense thunderstorm came in. Lots of sheet lightning, not too much fork lightning though. It was more intense than I thought, one or two every 5-6 seconds! (at its peak, only last what 20-25 minutes)

Edited by Guest

Posted

So the last day of summer has arrived, the weans will be filled with dread with the thought of school tomorrow!! That's the quickest summer I can remember, this past week has been lovely, I even managed to get sunburnt in Donegal, a world's first I believe!  Anyway thoughts now turn to Autumn, here's hoping for some decent, dry warm days and cool nights evolving into cooler and cooler temperatures as we glide into winter  

Posted

Some warmth today. 26 degrees! COntrasting with the rest of the country down south and west, where it was drizzly and grey!

Posted
  • Location: Head in the clouds somewhere near Avondale, West Auckland
  • Weather Preferences: Storm-force northeasterly(with a high tide!).Blizzards.Sunny summer
  • Location: Head in the clouds somewhere near Avondale, West Auckland

Heard it mentioned (sans detail) on the radio last night that there was/were a record temperature(s) recorded yesterday, anybody know where and what exactly it was? I've searched the Met website & RTE news etc to no avail. I wonder was it an Irish monthly record (seems very unlikely) or for a day, and/or a place

Posted

Today felt a bit surreal for a sept day,I recorded a max of 25.9 c which was higher then anything I recorded during the summer of last yr.

• Like 1

Posted

8.6C here last night, coolest min in a while.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

N81 Baltinglass is only 0.9c this morning at 6am, have the joy of living near N81,was driving at 5:30am to Dublin, it got down to plus 1 near Brittas, fog in the valleys,trapping cold air down a classic occasion early morning,it can get very cold,up to 3 degrees colder then elsewhere in republic,some people measured near minus 20 in 2010 winter apparently,here's for a cold dry autumn and snowy winter gang!

• Like 1