Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted

Well what do all the Ireland community feel about the brexit vote?

1 hour ago, bobbarley said:

Well what do all the Ireland community feel about the brexit vote?

Do I love the idea of a 10 m high fence less than a mile away .. No .. Local Diesel smugglers turning to people smuggling ? .. No ..

I live just inside the UK .. all I can say is what a bunch of idiots you have let loose .. from the PM down .

How stupid have you got to be to be elected in England ?

Anyway it's done now . The mess could be so big the world economy goes into freefall . Boy will the brits be popular abroad !

Edited by because

Posted

I was shocked when I heard the result, and still a bit shocked today.  I have genuine fears about what this means on a number of issues, from working rights to environmental issues.  I don't honestly think those who voted leave fully appreciate what's ahead for them and it won't be a return to a version of 1950s Heartbeat (awful show). Perhaps I am wrong and it will all be ok, I hope this will be the case, however..... 

Posted

As pointed out in the Scottish thread, the Good Friday agreement stipulated that anyone born in Northern Ireland could choose either a British or Irish passport, so how will that work? Will and EU Irish passport holder no longer be able to work Belfast without a work permit?

England has basically said out and to hell with the rest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

I too live not far from the border and I enjoy trips over to donegal and the south in general every so often I'm worried that I won't be able to do that so easily now. I'm also worried northern Ireland is so tiny we'regoing to end up isolated and our economy completely screwed.

Posted

Of course our economy is screwed, farming is so dependent on EU subsidies many will go under without them. How will we attract inward investment when we are outside the eu, we're now even more peripheral, everything will go south! 

Just as well the weather looks good at the moment. Or maybe not!

Devastating this result. I can only hope Boris Johnson becomes PM, to run this country into the ground and all the "hopes" of the Little Englanders. Personally, with a Irish passport it shouldn't effect me and the border is only a while away, even better a border poll is called after Theresa Olive (villiers) getting her nose out of the DUP backside.

Posted

Not liking the look of the long range models at all! I'm heading down to Kerry next week for a 10 day camping holiday... Although, the Azores ridge does look like pushing up into the south west from time to time... Not what I wanted to see!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Beautiful sunrise over towards binevenagh the other morning I spotted at work I had to nip out and take a couple of pics I thought I'd share them

20160626_033951.jpg

20160626_035035.jpg

Edited by gary1365

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Recorded my warmest temp of the summer so far today. 24.3c this evening in what was  fairly windy second half the day.

Currently 21.0c in and rathe humid.

Why do they keep showing the UK and Ireland on BBC Newsline weather! They are doing this through a vast majority of the day! Annoying how I can't see if its going to rain or not because they are focusing on the UK, if I wanted to watch the UKs weather I wouldn't be on Newsline!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Cloudy and humid today. Top temperature of 22C, but not a hint of blue skies!

Posted

Recorded my warmest day today since the summer of 2006 ,max temp of 27.2c.

Most of the day was partly cloudy with sunny spells but it became much clearer during the evening.

Currently clear,temp 24.1c

Posted

Blue skies throughout today, barely a cloud in sight. Maxed out at 26.3C, currently 22.1C.

Went for a run at about 4pm... was pretty uncomfortable to say the least!

Lovely and warm, MetOffice saying Medium range forecast not showing too much excitement, could this be the last hurrah of Summer? Glass half full says not. Looks like today was the only hot day, its quite a sight seeing that misty kind of air that hot places have, making the clouds hard to see. Ahh, wish this would be forever!

Posted
4 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

I bet the sick line was busy, Shrove and practically all beaches up in Donegal packed!

It will be busy again tomorrow when they are genuinely ill with heatstroke.

Posted

Highest temp ireland today was 30.3c at Mount Dillon ,county roscommon. I wonder is that the first time since 2006 that a temp in the 30s has been recorded in ireland? I dont think it quite made it into the 30s during summer 2013.

Posted
31 minutes ago, sundog said:

Highest temp ireland today was 30.3c at Mount Dillon ,county roscommon. I wonder is that the first time since 2006 that a temp in the 30s has been recorded in ireland? I dont think it quite made it into the 30s during summer 2013.

31.0C in July 2013
http://www.met.ie/climate/MonthlyWeather/clim-2013-sum.pdf

Max here today was 28.3C

EDIT: Some serious storms in the NW at the moment.
http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html

Edited by BornFromTheVoid
  • Like 1

Posted

Cheers born.

20.9c at midnight here sure is a warm night.

Posted

21.9 at 00-35

Good grief... Rain falling too, but only spits. I can feel thunder coming in my skin, but it's not on any radar I look at! Recorded a 29.9 today, a record for my home! Amazing!