Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted

dissapointed to see green fields this morn when everything was white when when i went to bed. hills above around 180mts look very white though.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

My 7 year old is happy! School snow closed!! 

You are kidding Neiller?  There's only a couple of centimetres. 

Posted

Nope. Millenimum integrated is closed MS. The wife also hasnt moved past carryduff in the last 45 mins due to traffic. Very little snow as u head into belfast her friend tells her 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
5 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Nope. Millenimum integrated is closed MS. The wife also hasnt moved past carryduff in the last 45 mins due to traffic. Very little snow as u head into belfast her friend tells her 

Carryduff PS, Carr PS, St.Joseph s all open. No need to close a school. Just get to school safely when you can,  it will gone in an hour.

I'm now on a bus but have only moved a couple of hundred yards in fifteen minutes. 

If people don't know how to drive in snow they shouldn't go out in it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Nothing here was snowing around midnight but stopped as it was starting to stick. Has gotten dark a couple of times but it only brought hail and rain showers.  

Posted
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Carryduff PS, Carr PS, St.Joseph s all open. No need to close a school. Just get to school safely when you can,  it will gone in an hour.

I'm now on a bus but have only moved a couple of hundred yards in fifteen minutes. 

If people don't know how to drive in snow they shouldn't go out in it.

Totally agree MS but can't  bring her now when it's closed! But it will be gone soon as you say but still snowing here. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
Just now, Neiller22 said:

Totally agree MS but can bring her now when it's closed! But it will be gone soon as you say but still snowing here. 

Head teachers need to look at the weather forecast before closing a school,  certainly a big school like Millenimum,  parents will be raging trying to sort out childcare. 

Posted
Just now, mountain shadow said:

Head teachers need to look at the weather forecast before closing a school,  certainly a big school like Millenimum,  parents will be raging trying to sort out childcare. 

I know. Thankfully I'm actually off work today so hasn't caused too much off a problem but if it had been yest.it would have!! The school seem to like the odd snow day though it seems! However the hill up to the school where u drop the kids off cars were getting stuck and because they are not allowed cars to stop on the main rd which is very busy they had no choice to close school due to safety reasons for children so close to the main rd. However they must have known snow was forecast and had somebody on standby to clear that rd! 

Posted
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

Or decided to open at ten. 

Make sure you get that snowman built quick.

Then the teachers wouldn't have a day off MS!!!! Yes intend to get out now to build the snowman. Next couple of days may hold a little interest too though more marginal I think. Strange how northern areas of NI missed out worst of snow as forecasted 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I don't think there was much snow, if any, after that good shower around ten last night. Roads and footpaths have gone slushy :sorry:

Posted
9 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Then the teachers wouldn't have a day off MS!!!! Yes intend to get out now to build the snowman. Next couple of days may hold a little interest too though more marginal I think. Strange how northern areas of NI missed out worst of snow as forecasted 

Aye. The Antrim Hills were forecast up to 10cm,  I don't think they got anything. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Unfortunately most of what fell last night was wet snow/sleet so nothing stuck. The wind was something else though, barely slept at all.

Posted

No snow up here and barely any on the hills either. Not to insult any teachers on here, but they don't much of an excuse for a day off!

Posted

The snow melted quickly but for as strong as the March Sun is the air temperatures really didn't help. 7/8c. I've often had decent snow at the beginning of March from a properly northerly with only a partial thaw in lowland areas so it's far from impossible to get decent snow that stays its just simply not cold enough

Posted
17 minutes ago, Abyss said:

The snow melted quickly but for as strong as the March Sun is the air temperatures really didn't help. 7/8c. I've often had decent snow at the beginning of March from a properly northerly with only a partial thaw in lowland areas so it's far from impossible to get decent snow that stays its just simply not cold enough

Dew points the day also did,nt help +4 they need to below 0 to have any chance of snow to stay around for a while also.

Posted

Another chance of snow showers this evening and overnight.

Don't think there will be much excitement about it, everyone looking forward to spring and summer.

** Weather warning now issued aswell

Edited by Weegaz