Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Whaoo, just had the heaviest shower of the day, all snow had melted of the roads but that 15 min blast has Blanketed everything white again!

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

So folks winter has been officially declared over in the model thread, hmmmm what should we talk about now..... 

By Steve who also called for phantom Easterlys last month that never materialised. He said it would be a quick change and the models would soon do a massive switch within 24 hours or something to that effect.  Then he huffed lol

• Like 4

Posted

My jealousy knows no bounds!!! Enjoy it lads. #DublinSnowShield works well in fairness to it, not a flake had today.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

My jealousy knows no bounds!!! Enjoy it lads. #DublinSnowShield works well in fairness to it, not a flake had today.

If it makes you feel any better, your shield works fairly well during the rest of the year when we're only getting drenched with rain

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

If it makes you feel any better, your shield works fairly well during the rest of the year when we're only getting drenched with rain

It doesn't, but thanks for trying! :-)

Posted
1 hour ago, Pomeroysnow said:

So folks winter has been officially declared over in the model thread, hmmmm what should we talk about now..... 

Don't worry it's just over in the south that's why everybody is in a mood. Still looks quite good for us and Scotland. So unlucky to them. 

Posted

It's certainly over for my neck of the woods... :(

at at least I can always get my fix up in Wicklow!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Another epic blizzard just rolled through here, we're up to a couple of cms lying. 

IMAG2047.jpg

IMAG2044.jpg

IMAG2046.jpg

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 9

Posted

Snowing quite nicely here in glengormley for last 10-15 mins or so. Starting to lay on ground, nice sized flakes - hoping it lasts for a while as I missed out on any snow that may have been lying this morning as I slept in

Posted
1 hour ago, Baltic Regions said:

Sorry about last post. Working from mobile and had a few as well.

cold out tonight.

spend the afternoon preparing this baby:

2 gallons of spiced mead! Ready in a couple of months time.

image.jpeg

Brill!  Imagine doing that for your Newtweather chums.  Gathering at yours in April then?

• Like 1

Posted

Well... Told you my long shift would bring snow, but just not for me, I at least had no worries about driving today.  Tiny skiff at 6am here in Belfast which isn't bad considering I'm not far from city airport and being too close to sea level.  Lots of short but heavy snow showers which were fabulous to watch but didn't last long enough for snow to really settle.

Thanks for all the snow pictures... Planning my next house move based on these pictures, the more snow the more likely I could end up you neighbour.....  I totally need to get out of Belfast!  Snowydog I lived in Doagh for a few years and snow was brilliant.

so storm Henry, how bad will it be?

• Like 1

Posted

Some posters are saying that we might not see any snow not just for the rest of this winter but maybe for ever its all just going to be memories,  so make the most of it take pics videos anything to lock in them memories as it looks like being Green for the rest of are days.:rofl:

Be warned stay away from the Model&Moan Tread .

Posted
28 minutes ago, booferking said:

Some posters are saying that we might not see any snow not just for the rest of this winter but maybe for ever its all just going to be memories,  so make the most of it take pics videos anything to lock in them memories as it looks like being Green for the rest of are days.:rofl:

Be warned stay away from the Model&Moan Tread .

Yes winter is not coming nor never again lol, such an overreaction from the soothsayers lol 

Posted

i avoid model thread. Life is tough enough without reading that spraffing nonsense!

An Irish net weather convention!! There's an idea. Sure I heard this before in the past.

I'll bring the mead.

Edited by Baltic Regions