Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

A few sleet and snow showers here this morning. Nothing sticking, but still a pretty sight!

Posted

Warning now extended to some places until 11am tomorrow then another storm. Tues and weds might surprise s few snowise as well 

• Like 1

Posted

Clear blue skies here. No hope of any precip! It just dies off as it gets to the Dublin/Meath border!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

More snow falling here. Just not lasting long enough to stick.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

There was a good heavy shower even I was out in the car. Disappointed no more than an inch on the mountains too.

Posted
14 hours ago, Pomeroysnow said:

Once again I can't deleted previous quote.

Storm Henry has been named. Gusts widely 60-70mph. 80mph a possibility

Monday

2016-2-1

Edited by -Bomber-
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 🌨️❄️🌨️❄️

Don't think Cecilia from the beb is a big fan of cold and snow, as she's just mentioned it will be turning MILDER 6 times on her lastest forecast!

Anyway.....it's been snowing here quite heavily on and off all morning but its just not settling. :(

Edited by Jeztec

Posted

U might get lucky later on Ronan. Snowing heavy here again. For once the east as desired not to bad. Not accumulating that much in the towns but it is a bit out in the country with a bit of elevation. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.
6 minutes ago, Jeztec said:

Don't think Cecilia from the beb is a big fan of cold and snow, as she's just mentioned it will be turning MILDER 6 times on her lastest forecast!

Anyway.....it's been snowing here quite heavily on and off all morning but its just not settling. :(

I work with her partner, don't think she has a bias. 

Snow showers here every 45 minutes or so, was lying early this morning on roofs etc, nothing lying now though.

It is good snow though, you can tell by the way it floats about in the wind. Snow goes up, then comes down.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, The Weather Watcher said:

Snow showers here every 45 minutes or so, was lying early this morning on roofs etc, nothing lying now though.

It is good snow though, you can tell by the way it floats about in the wind. Snow goes up, then comes down.

Good to see you back Watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.
1 minute ago, Pomeroysnow said:

Good to see you back Watcher

I've always been Watching, so to speak. My morning begins with a cuppa and the model output. 

Good to see some other snow chances coming up next week and the possibility of more ridging into Greenland. 

Winter could have a sting in its tail alright. Memories of the March 6ft drifts coming back from a few years ago.

• Like 2

Posted

You guys will do well Tues n weds. Then there's mid o Feb to come.Just popped over from Yorkshire thread n in happy with a Hail whiteout I just had lol.

• Like 5

Posted
9 minutes ago, The Weather Watcher said:

Good to see on Watcher!!

Posted
16 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

U might get lucky later on Ronan. Snowing heavy here again. For once the east as desired not to bad. Not accumulating that much in the towns but it is a bit out in the country with a bit of elevation. 

Glad to see your seeing something. Maybe see something later in the day here but radar not looking to good. 

Posted

Welcome back Watcher.

Some hefty showers today, unfortunately the sun then melts anything that sticks.

Looks like we will have some proper Winter weather for the foreseeable with decent snow chances as Pm and Am air is pulled into the mix as systems pass through.

Being near the NW will help too, unfortunately for the SE of England, Winter is over….

• Like 2

Posted
19 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Welcome back Watcher.

Some hefty showers today, unfortunately the sun then melts anything that sticks.

Looks like we will have some proper Winter weather for the foreseeable with decent snow chances as Pm and Am air is pulled into the mix as systems pass through.

Being near the NW will help too, unfortunately for the SE of England, Winter is over….

And for the east of Ireland too... *insert sad emoticon*

Edited by Rocheydub
  • Like 1

Real hit and miss for snow showers, for Derry we got only a incredibly light dusting which then melted completely when the sun came (7 months late)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Was hoping for better accumulations, however, it's been great getting regular snow showers coming through regularly. Some decent white outs as well in the mix. Ironically, the strong winds slam the showers through too quickly to allow significant accumulation. 

Anyway, hoping we keep the showers going into the night time and we are looking good for the foreseeable with decent PM shots on the way. 

• Like 1