Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted

Yes and could merge in some areas to give longer spells of snow. Wonder will the wind strong enough to blow a few showers across to south of the Midlands. :rofl::rofl:

Edited by ronan
  • Like 1

Posted

Bound to snow in Bangor, I'm doing a 14 hr shift in a certain medical institution in Dundonald.... It'll snow because I'm a woman who can't drive in snow (lacks experience but willing to learn might be a better phrase).  My shift pattern is better than any weather model when it come to snow apparently.....

Good luck Bangor, I will be rooting for you!

• Like 4

Posted

Band of rain making its way through now before the cold digs in. It's actually pretty wild out here in Derry. Driving rain and strong winds. 

Edited by ronan
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It was just starting to rain when I was walking back from the shop around 6:45pm.  Pretty breezy with it! Currently 5 degrees with a dew point of 2 degrees.

Posted

lovely clear skies here, very windy and temp of 4.5c. could be a long night...

• Like 1

Posted

Rain/sleet will turn to snow approximately midnight...

with 850's between -8 and -9 moving in, very cold upper air temps for a westerly perhaps the cold SST in North Atlantic is the cause of that.

it would snow to sea level in Northern Ireland well it should do by what I'm seeing, accumulations will be more challenging below 100m. I would not be surprised if @pomeroysnow ended up with 10cm or so with his elevation could even get some drifting in upland areas. I do think some lucky folk wil get a pasting, an unstable flow with troughs moving in, most of the fun - occurring north of Dublin. Enjoy. 

image.thumb.gif.2d2b0a8f01f4ae2c26570932image.thumb.gif.abb069b131cdcce69a776880image.thumb.gif.890e973c3507e2c10cb8d2d2image.thumb.gif.56df368c9303a6f51daf18b5

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Cheers for the info Daniel, I live about 7 miles down the road from Pom so I'd quite happily take your offerings!

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Rain/sleet will turn to snow approximately midnight...

with 850's between -8 and -9 moving in, very cold upper air temps for a westerly perhaps the cold SST in North Atlantic is the cause of that.

it would snow to sea level in Northern Ireland well it should do by what I'm seeing, accumulations will be more challenging below 100m. I would not be surprised if @pomeroysnow ended up with 10cm or so with his elevation could even get some drifting in upland areas. I do think some lucky folk wil get a pasting, an unstable flow with troughs moving in, most of the fun - occurring north of Dublin. Enjoy. 

image.thumb.gif.2d2b0a8f01f4ae2c26570932image.thumb.gif.abb069b131cdcce69a776880image.thumb.gif.890e973c3507e2c10cb8d2d2image.thumb.gif.56df368c9303a6f51daf18b5

Cheers Daniel always a gentleman :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Still very wet, would hope that temps drop off pretty quickly if we're to get snow around midnight.

Posted

temps falling. down to 3.5c here now. long way to go before we see laying snow.

Posted
4 minutes ago, somofagun said:

Never like to see rain before snow. Had dried up nicely during the day

When the precip starts to fall, it will get colder and colder. It drags to really cold upper air with it!  Best wishes to all of us here on the Ireland thread tonight... Possibilities for us all tonight!

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, somofagun said:

Never like to see rain before snow. Had dried up nicely during the day 

Practically bone dry with me again thanks to the wind . Fear not ha. Gust of 66mph at Malin 10pm

Edited by -Bomber-
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 🌨️❄️🌨️❄️

Hi folks. New to NW, although I have been lurking in the backround for a many a year watching all the goings on! :)

Been checking out the dew points for later on tonight and tomorrow morn and things are definitely looking  good for settling snow! The pic below is for 1am tomorrow morn and continues to drop into the wee small hours :) Its is currently 2° here at the min and dry.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=gfs&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=201601291800&VAR=taup&HH=6&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

16013000_2918dewp.gif

Edited by Jeztec
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 🌨️❄️🌨️❄️
11 minutes ago, BIG LAD said:

welcome to the forum jeztec!

Thankin you sir :)