Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
1 hour ago, Neiller22 said:

Most of the long range forecasts went for a cold end of Winter and start of Spring. This is still a possibility but I'm not hopeful to see any snow again until after mid February. 

Posted

Flip flop! Like the NWP. :) Am taking a break for a few days folks, need to stop looking at that horrible output!!! 

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 9:03 PM, sundog said:

On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 9:03 PM, sundog said:

Continuing to cool down however during the first half of Feb with temps a little below average and some dry and frosty weather about.

Second half of the month will be bitter,the coldest period of the winter with very cold air moving west from eastern europe,snow for many.

EDIT:

For what its worth here are some composites I made on the winters I mentioned.post-6445-0-54859900-1448357031_thumb.pnpost-6445-0-53166100-1448357048_thumb.pnpost-6445-0-49166900-1448357063_thumb.pn

Well a forecast for the winter i had a go at back in nov on the community forcast thread for this winter hasnt gone too good,not that it was very scientific anyway but i would not be surprised if the second half of feb delivers .Might end up being one part of it that i got right. I dont think much will happen now like mountain shadow say until at least mid feb now regarding a cod spell.

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Neiller22 said:

I'm beginning to lose faith in a end Jan/ cold Feb Cold spell. I hate to admit this but I think we are heading for another bust of winter without proper snow!! 

I'd just wait and see what happens. The "Supposed" cold spell came out of nowhere and apparently we weren't going to see anything until February at least and although it didn't deliver much at one stage everyone thought it would. Charts are currently rubbish tho

• Like 1

Posted

Once again Mr Madden on exacta weather is looking a tiny bit silly with his predictions of snowy weather and the worst jan and Feb in years! Do people actually subscribe to his website and believe this year in year out! He's constantly so far out its untrue!!! Suddenly gone call quiet on his website! 

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, -Bomber- said:

Something to cling on to from Ian Ferguson "UKMO ensemble system hints at potential NW/N period early Feb but too early for any confidence."

Latest GFS picking up on that now with a few incursions of colder air, nothing major though, although Singularity seems to think the amplification in the Atlantic is being underplayed by the GFS

Posted

Looking on the model output thread it's funny. Looking so far into the future and it keeps getting put back, by the time the "predicted" cold spell arrives it'll just be in time for summer. Yippee another cold wet summer!

Posted

Haven't posted much recently as i've been busy with stuff but catching up and as things aren't looking great at the minute, well we could well be in for a surprise or two come February. A lot of sense in this analysis and going by earlier winter forecast saying winter will come late well there could be a bit of truth in it. Remember the spring blizzards of 2013. Mostly a higher ground event but the point is that winter can come late so all is not lost. 

http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebtv2.php

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

No Lower than 10.5C here overnight, about what you'd expect in July!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

i recorded a max temp of 12.4c sometime duing the night,mad for january. Cooler now at 10.1c.

Yesterday was the first day since jan 2nd that i recorded temps in double figures.

So we are getting into a very mobile atlantic pattern  with probably a lot of wind and rain. The one good thing though is by the start of feb the pv will hopefully have left greenland which at least in theory leads to a greater risk of cold weather for us. We have to sit out the rest of this month and then see what happens once we enter feb.

Edited by sundog

Posted

I think we all feel short changed from the holy grail that it was showing couple of weeks ago and to end up with diddly squat (ie) 1 snowfall , now the Atlantic is powered up for the foreseeable with some cooler interludes  but mainly wet and mild. But there are hints in the later runs that the vortex want,s to shift to are east which should help for colder conditions. Everybody is starting to get excited in the model tread again but i will a wait with caution been here to many times before and by the time it is St Paddys day i would much rather spring weather that is my cut off date for winter as days are longer sun is stronger and golfing season starts:D.

Edited by booferking

Posted

Fox News Washington, D.C. Or Fox News Baltimore/NYC should be worth a wee look later today or through the weekend to see how they deal with this snowstorm!! More so for me as my wife left dublin yest on business to that region until Sunday!  Maybe she will get stuck there for a few days:yahoo:  though I spoke to her last night and she says the metro areas are closing down!!! More wine for her in hotel she tells me!! 

• Like 3

Posted

I have a friend lives in Baltimore and is expected up to 30 inches of snow. I'll be asking him for photos and get them posted to here.

whilst part of me would love to be there for it that amount of snow could be crippling.

• Like 4