Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted

Surprise Surprise UKMO sticks to its guns for last 3-4 days and the rest are starting to follow again i said this everyday follow the UKMO as it has been the most consistent  between the main models no erratic flips.  Now hopefully we can get some snow this week then a cold high sitting just above uk to maintain the snowfall and then the models are hinting at a SSW and this is growing everyday.:)

Posted

I respectfully disagree Mountain. I think lowland areas will see snow. Think you're over thinking the projected highs 

Latest from Met Eireann 

THURSDAY: Another cold day with moderate northwest winds, which will feed some showers into Atlantic counties. Some of the showers will turn to sleet and snow, especially in the north and northwest later, with some moderate accumulations. Highs of 2-6c

Latest from Met office for UK

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:
Cold throughout this period with overnight frosts. Occasional showers throughout, which will turn to snow over high ground and to low levels at times, even in the south.

Edited by -Bomber-

Posted
23 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Can't see any snow this week away from high ground boofer. Still showing temps of 4  and 5 degrees this week.

All eyes on the Strat. 

Yea you could be right but you never know the upper temp seem to be cold enough as it snows here nearly all time @850 -4  and sometimes higher, iv been watching the dew points each run and they seem to be the problem from time to time on the runs, but once that wind dies down this should help from today on-wards as evaporation cooling can take over from there and help the chances of snow. 

To be honest i think we all can see snow from this.

Posted
4 hours ago, -Bomber- said:

I respectfully disagree Mountain. I think lowland areas will see snow. Think you're over thinking the projected highs. 

Only going by the BBC forecast which get their info from the Meto. 

Perhaps it's more of a case of rain by day and wintry by night.

Posted
7 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Only going by the BBC forecast which get their info from the Meto. 

Perhaps it's more of a case of rain by day and wintry by night.

Is that the BBC forecast on the website are BBC weather on the tv.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Dull and overcast here this morning with cold rain showers,temp 4.1c.

Half hearted rubbish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The colder the better.

Very cold here and windy also but dry, current temp 4C, I'd say for us down here to see snow the rest of the country would have to be buried in it.

Posted
2 hours ago, booferking said:

Yea you could be right but you never know the upper temp seem to be cold enough as it snows here nearly all time @850 -4  and sometimes higher, iv been watching the dew points each run and they seem to be the problem from time to time on the runs, but once that wind dies down this should help from today on-wards as evaporation cooling can take over from there and help the chances of snow. 

To be honest i think we all can see snow from this.

You must have some elevation inland because for the majority of us we won't see snow with -4 uppers!

Posted

5 degrees, windy and overcast, feels a lot colder in that breeze mind you! The window of opportunity is really going to be from Thursday on, as was the case according to the models a few days ago. I'd say we'll all see some whiteness, depends on location the depth etc. Don't be despondent yet folks, the real cold is due in 36/48 hours or so!

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, Rocheydub said:

5 degrees, windy and overcast, feels a lot colder in that breeze mind you! The window of opportunity is really going to be from Thursday on, as was the case according to the models a few days ago. I'd say we'll all see some whiteness, depends on location the depth etc. Don't be despondent yet folks, the real cold is due in 36/48 hours or so!

Hopefully Rochey.  The BBC automated forecast has me down for my first double snow symbol of the Winter on Thursday evening. 

It will know doubt be gone in an hour but gives a little more hope. 

Posted
16 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Hopefully Rochey.  The BBC automated forecast has me down for my first double snow symbol of the Winter on Thursday evening. 

It will know doubt be gone in an hour but gives a little more hope. 

Those automated forecasts are not that reliable as you know, I'm just using my memories about how models have played out these things in the past, I suggest that there will be some weather warnings issued tomorrow or Thursday.

Fingers crossed MS!

Posted

The last few showers to blow through here in Antrim have had a wintry feel, bit sleety and alittle bit of graupel for a few minutes.  So at least that's something :) 

Edited by jello

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Clear blue skies all day here, with great visibility. Chilly and breezy, a pretty nice day really.

Wrt snow, I reckon a few spots might get a surprise tomorrow evening. Though it might be a bit wet for the snow to lodge.

• Like 2

Posted

I definitely think we are entering a lengthy cold spell. Everything coming together nicely. Be very interesting to see where we go after this initial blast. UKMO has been pretty consistant the past week or so.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, ronan said:

I definitely think we are entering a lengthy cold spell. Everything coming together nicely. Be very interesting to see where we go after this initial blast. UKMO has been pretty consistant the past week or so.

And GFS in every run is getting more amplified and holding the block for longer big ECM coming up hopefully it keeps the trend going the right way and this could be a long cold spell.

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

Sorry guys I don't quite get the model thread in that will this be good for us or just England??

Sorry pom what are they saying all i know is UKMO is good for us all for the long run,

• Like 1

Posted

Come Monday with that from approaching from the SW I reckon the snow line could be further west once the cold establishes itself later in the week. Somewhere gonna get a real pasting. 

• Like 2

Posted

That could change for definite. Look how many changes we have had over the past week. If the current UKMO chart verifies then the cold will be in place longer. That's my look on it anyway.