Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted

Hi folks, just introducing myself.... I've been lurking around the site for a while.  Took the dogs out for a walk and nearly ended up in Kansas, it's a wild day out there.

Nice to meet you all.  Look forward to sharing a bit of snow exciting over the coming few months.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, Aliaalu said:

Hi folks, just introducing myself.... I've been lurking around the site for a while.  Took the dogs out for a walk and nearly ended up in Kansas, it's a wild day out there.

Nice to meet you all.  Look forward to sharing a bit of snow exciting over the coming few months.

Welcome to the forum! Slight chance of some snow tomorrow, so a good time to join in.

• Like 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, Aliaalu said:

Hello Ali and a big welcome we are a lovely friendly bunch in here so please post away :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Unfortunately it looks like our chances of seeing the white stuff has diminished a good bit with this morning's GFS runs. The -4 uppers line has been shunted a good bit west. This also appears to be reflected in the BBC weather app (always take those with a punch of salt!)

gfs-1-12.png

gfs-1-18.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Tomorrow evening may still deliver:

gfs-2-36.png

gfs-1-36.png

Posted
1 hour ago, Aliaalu said:

Welcome Ali. Same thing to say as the other posters. Post away as we are friendly enough.

Good to see new members logging in.

Last night fair cleared the pipes out! lots of surface water.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Sperrin said:

Tomorrow evening may still deliver:

gfs-2-36.png

gfs-1-36.png

Ohhhhh. Nice.  Night shift tomorrow and seeing as I can't party a little bit of lamp post watching would do nicely instead. Wouldnt it be a great start to 2016?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Being so close to the coast and low lying in not holding my breath. 

Welcome Ali me and you both will be lamppost watching on night duty tomorrow night lol.

Edited by gary1365
  • Like 1

Posted

Six mile river in Antrim this afternoon and near Lough Neagh at high tide.

DSCF3665.JPG

DSCF3675.JPG

DSCF3676.JPG

DSCF3680.JPG

DSCF3681.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

Well that was an interesting read on the model thread,  not for weather reasons though!!! 

Yeah, as the coldies descend and take control, anyone posting in a realistic manner gets pounced on. That kind of thing will slowly drive away more knowledgeable and objective members, leaving mainly cold rampers and silly hype about potential cold in FI! I hardly bother with the MOD thread because of it.

Suppose finding the balance between attracting people to the site and keeping things objective and informative is a tough one though.

Edited by BornFromTheVoid
  • Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Yeah, as the coldies descend and take control, anyone posting in a realistic manner gets pounced on. That kind of thing will slowly drive away more knowledgeable and objective members, leaving mainly cold rampers and silly hype about potential cold in FI! I hardly bother with the MOD thread because of it.

Suppose finding the balance between attracting people to the site and keeping things objective and informative is a tough one though.

We can only dream Born, very tetchy tonight!! 

Posted

2.3C here now, as the latest batch of heavy rain clears away. A chance of some white stuff tomorrow too.

• Like 1

Posted

3.1c here in East Belfast and trying to rain.  

Even if it didn't snow this winter, after the last few winters I'd be grateful even for a good run of crisp cold days with blue skies.... And less muddy dog walks.  Fed up with rain and mud.

Happy New Year all, might not be back here til 2016!

• Like 4

Posted

It seems the newry river/canal is now overflowing.  This is before high tide.  It may be quite serious soon.

5658_10153668957459792_8382588107177800069_n.jpg

Edited by jello
  • Like 1

Posted

Cork Airport now at 396.5mm of rain to the 30th. With the showers today, there's a good chance of it being the first ME synoptic station to pass the 400mm mark. Pretty impressive!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Morning all,looking good for some of you folk later to see some snow,did post the same in the MAD thread but seems more interest in Wether it will snow at

T900 anyway good luck to you all

also Happy New Year to u all and your

loved ones

C.S

• Like 5

Posted

Hi folks, hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Thought I'd stop by a share a pic from the other morning I was very fortunate to get. With all the heavy rain and winds we've been having this is one from between the storms. This was the view of Belfast blanketed in fog. I've been up the Cavehill many times but this was one of my most rewarding visits, the views were simply incredible.

k3 fog.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
24 minutes ago, Watsy said:

Hi folks, hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Thought I'd stop by a share a pic from the other morning I was very fortunate to get. With all the heavy rain and winds we've been having this is one from between the storms. This was the view of Belfast blanketed in fog. I've been up the Cavehill many times but this was one of my most rewarding visits, the views were simply incredible.

k3 fog.jpg

Beautiful Watsy absolutely beautiful 

• Like 2