Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
2 minutes ago, 101_North said:

In summary: Awful, miserable, grey, damp, drizzly, chilly, pish! 

What he said :D

Not changed any since yesterday. Still little bits of drizzle blowing in the wind (more unlikely today that we will get any hint of brightness)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

^^^ What they said.

Yesterday was cool and grey. Today has started cool, grey, drizzly and it'll probably end that way too. So much for 'high pressure', eh?

• Like 1

Posted

It's trying to brighten up but not quite getting there

Posted

Just come in for a cuppa ... it's been another windy, but mostly sunny day. Been 20 ft up a ladder for the last 4-5 hours with a scrubbing brush, bleach/detergent mix and a hose, washing down a north facing wall and windows. Very cold hands but nearly done :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 hour ago, moffatross said:

Just come in for a cuppa ... it's been another windy, but mostly sunny day. Been 20 ft up a ladder for the last 4-5 hours with a scrubbing brush, bleach/detergent mix and a hose, washing down a north facing wall and windows. Very cold hands but nearly done :)

Not sure I've ever heard of someone cleaning house walls before.  OCD?

Another cold grey day in Caithness, like the last few.  Dreary as fk.

Posted
27 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Not sure I've ever heard of someone cleaning house walls before.  OCD?

Getting the house ready for the survey before we sell. The wall had at least fifteen years worth of algae and farmyard dirt accumulation. I have already rendered and painted the west and south facing walls which were badly weathered, but that north facing wall was simply looking rank so didn't need repairing and painting. Saved myself about 3 days additional work and £100 worth of masonry paint :D

It's all part of the plan to exit Moffat and move to Scotland's highest village  ... I anticipate much snow gloating on this forum next winter from our new place at 400 metres ASL :)

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, moffatross said:

It's all part of the plan to exit Moffat and move to Scotland's highest village  ... I anticipate much snow gloating on this forum next winter from our new place at 400 metres ASL :)

Nice one, that's exciting, looking forward to the reports :) all we need on here now are posters from Dalwhinnie, Tomintoul and Braemar and we're pretty much covered

Was away visiting relatives but very little to report anyway, snow all gone from the garden over the weekend (leaving the grass a rather gaudy yellow) and now mostly lies about 1500ft upwards. A -3c start yesterday morning just to remind us it's still capable and more fog around in the last couple of days than an entrance in The Exorcist. Lots of peat burning locally as they take advantage of milder conditions, nice aromas 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Northern Strath said:

Nice one, that's exciting, looking forward to the reports :) all we need on here now are posters from Dalwhinnie, Tomintoul and Braemar and we're pretty much covered

Phh, what we need is more mild coastal dwellers so I can feel better about myself.:oops: Perhaps we should start taking bets now on who between you and moffatross sees the most snow in winter 2016/17!

Back to the here and now and it's been classic spring North Sea dross the last couple of days. Inevitably happens on at least a few days every spring but let's hope it's no more than that.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes Kp5 storm expected, Could be some good sightings later. The Shetland webcams are an excellent live source..

1.png

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
7 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Phh, what we need is more mild coastal dwellers so I can feel better about myself.:oops: 

Wish we lived by the sea, it's what I miss most about moving up from Cornwall (oh and family and friends of course )

It's a foggy one out there this morning 

Posted

Little bit foggy here this morning. Drizzle actually enough to damp the ground

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Ready to slit wrists here, the BBC have this garbage for my postcode for the next 10 days.

Posted

2c early on today with mist .  It has burnt off today with blue skies and sunshine and currently calm and 8c

However yesterday it was dull but dry  all day with a maximum of 7c but ideal for dressing seed barley with no wind P3160577.thumb.JPG.bbfc665bcd38376283687

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mardatha said:

Ready to slit wrists here, the BBC have this garbage for my postcode for the next 10 days.

Cheer up, today is going to be better than tomorrow so enjoy it while it lasts(???). Tomorrow looks like a drizzle fest...

Posted

My genuine sympathy to those who have the grim just now, which is all too common in Moffat so I know how you feel. However, in Moffat toady, the early mist & low cloud has now cleared to give us wall-to-wall sunshine, dead calm, and feeling warm like it was on Monday :-) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Ehrm, what's that? Hey, it's the sun! No, wait, it's gone again. :wallbash:

Started off grey and misty, just like the last few days have been. The could is trying to break up now but it's having a hard time doing so. Temp graph for Dyce has almost flat-lined for the last 2 days.

Edit: Cloud actually breaking up nicely now and looks as if it may stay that way. :yahoo:

Edited by Ravelin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

In sunny Braemar a short time it was 18.6C but 50 miles or so east in Aberdeen it was just 6c and cloudy

Posted

It's trying to brighten up a bit now but whether it will is another matter

2 hours ago, NUT said:

It's trying to brighten up a bit now but whether it will is another matter

It never even bothered trying to brighten up here. Maxed out at 6.7C, worse to come tomorrow with some drizzle and max temps down by a degree or two.  

Posted

I have decided that I want the Earth to start spinning the other way round. OK, it'll cause some confusion tomorrow evening with the sun setting in the East, but judging by the topsy-turvy nature of the reports the last few days, the weather would be much improved in the West :p

Edited by moffatross