Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
14 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It's been pretty grey and flat here all day but not completely dull. I dunno why I got excited about this cold spell, will I ever learn??? 

Same here, cloud isn't thick enough to call it dull but it's stubbornly refusing to break up, other than one patch of blue sky I can see off to the North. wind still virtually non existent and temp climbed to 5C.

Posted

Ah, wouldn't you know it, cloud has gone now, just as the sun goes down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

There was lying snow again this morning. It had actually drifted on certain surfaces, about 2cm where it had but overall probably <0.5cm of level snow. 

Melted very quickly. By 11am it was all gone.

Cloudy and chilly sums today up. Reached 4.7c and quickly fell again by early evening. 

Meh. Nice to see the snow but didn't see it fall and it melted so quickly, blink and you'll miss it affair.

• Like 1

Posted

Sunny cold calm start to the day at -6c just old fashioned February weather,  Massive help to dry out the ground just what is needed no grass left however completely burnt brown and winter crops not looking too healthy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Another cold night at a touch below -5'C, much more in line with a traditional winter as NL notes.

Posted

Beautiful morning indeed. Everything shimmering in the sun and under enormous blue skies, a low of -8c and was -6.8c at last look. Snow cover for the last 16 days now and around the same or more with days falling for Febimage.thumb.jpg.f2df7297c0d85d7c665ca009

Edited by Northern Strath
  • Like 7

Posted

Fantastic sunny day but frost has really hung on in any shade even next to the house where I spilt some water on the ground about 3.00pm and it immediately froze. A maximum of 4c but back to 2c now. Looks like a cold one tonight.

A photo of Ben Wyvis P2270561.thumb.JPG.b5b4e79b0fe5309633fbbtoday in all its winter glory but with a bit of an inversion over the Firth there was bit of a haze

• Like 2

Posted

First day back and it's an absolute beauty! Blue sky, sunny, calm, heavy frost and an overnight low in the region of -5c! Superb!

• Like 1

Posted

Back from a couple of days in Dublin.

Surprised to see we haven't recorded an air frost while I was away, coldest reading was 0.6c this morning. Colder in Leuchars with -3c last night. As 101 says a beautiful start to the day, currently 3c.

Posted

Cold, cold night which has led to a clear day so far but this weather not going to last...........................

Posted

Back from a rather cold but very enjoyable first outing of 2016  on the motorbike. Went around and over the Campsies and stopped for the odd photo and to defrost my fingers.

IMG_2412.thumb.JPG.5d4d9d83723ac8461c548IMG_2413.thumb.JPG.2144ea91e613f6c364418IMG_2420.thumb.JPG.768e60d70fefe8356c7b3

The roads were very dry and heavily salted and that is why the tyres are not black!

Shameless plug alert... There was an article in The Evening Times yesterday about chemicals in cleaning products, scented candles etc that featured the company run by myself and my wife Marie.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14306670.Concerns_over_chemicals_in_household_products_inspires_Glasgow_business/?ref=ebln

We now have national distribution for our cleaning products so you may see 'humblestuff' in your local independent health food shops. Plug over.

• Like 6

Posted

Ach plug away chemikal, all the best with your venture

Got to echo doctormog, no place I'd have rather been today. Few pics taken at Loch Glascarnoch on our way to Ullapool earlier

note the manny fishing in the foreground here, maybe the rod was just for posterity, a prop to prolong the view

image.thumb.jpg.a0ecf5099b5016825d367099

image.thumb.jpg.fce11fbc307e5df9d02e949d

North side of Wyvis commanding the south end of the loch image.thumb.jpg.2cfb4e4f12be6139ad95c86c

Beautiful day. -3c and all crispy and still here

• Like 8

Posted

Stunning day here too, no wind, sunny, no mud, frosty in the shade all day. Doing lots of jobs outside in preparation for any more wet weather . Its a pity its not going to last as its been a pleasure to be outside these last few days. Currently -1c .

• Like 1

Posted

I may as well contribute a couple of my own Alpine images from the Highlands at the weekend - from a wee trip round the less-frequented side of Ben Lawers. Definitely weekend of the year so far - hardly a breath of wind.  

2016-02-27%2012.01.52_zpsjbj0xyrh.jpg

2016-02-27%2012.22.02_zpslgciputg.jpg

Looks like some wintry showers are possible to fairly low levels later this week, after a milder interlude.

Edited by spindrift1980
  • Like 8

Posted

Not a bad weekend really. Dry, overnight frosts, often sunny, not warm but often felt as if it was when you were in the sun (temp did shoot up in the afternoon but it was brief).

All change this morning though, back to 100% cloud cover and a stiff breeze. Overnight low was -4.4C but no frost evident as it was up to 2.7 by the time I left the house at 8am. Mild blip tomorrow then back into the cool theme if the forecasts are correct.

Some great pictures of the ski resorts and the hills over the weekend. Youngest son's birthday and my parents visiting meant I couldn't join in with a ski or a walk. Maybe this weekend?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Met office posted on facebook that their atmospheric scientists are predicting an imminent SSW and this could bring wintry weather.

• Like 1