Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

Heavy snow here for the last hour which is way ahead of forecast. The temperature started tanking from about 9pm when it was 7.8c and raining heavily. It's now 1.3c and the dewpoint is 0.4c. The ground is saturated because of the amount of rain we've has since yesterday afternoon but the snow started to settle about 30minutes ago and it's all white now. Things could get interesting if this keeps going.

Posted

Guys we were *not* expected to wake up at 0º and with a blanket of snow covering the ground in its practical entirety, WERE WE! 

Snowing lightly now, I cannot get how we got the lying snow, the netweather radar shows rain pretty much until now but it clearly is snowing, no ifs and buts about that :D 

0.4C at academy so probably a tad below 0C in open air. 

Enjoy the white surprise when you open your curtains in the morning like I did :D:D:D:D:D xxx

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Snowing wetly here and has been going for a while as there's a slushy white covering on the cars and grass. Dropped hubby to the station and it's falling as sleety rain just down the hill but definitely snow (wet snow) up here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

0.3c here nothing falling from skies 

Posted
9 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Mrs just texted to tell me she has snow at home! You gotta laugh! 

Same, good covering at home but I'm in the north of Englander where it's raining! 

Posted

Just the trademark liquid snow here in Crail.

Good to see others have woken up to some of the white stuff though!

1.9c, overcast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Was a wee heavy shower just clipped us, nothing more than a light covering

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Snowing here and starting to lie on grass, cars, hut roofs etc.  Had a feeling last night when the temperature was dropping quicker than predicted that we might get a surprise this morning. Currently 0.6C with a dew point of -1.2C

Edited by GrangemouthBairn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning.   Started at 3am here with huge wet flakes then turned a lot lighter and was still going at 6am.   Just a slight accumulation of slush though, maybe a couple cms?   0.8c/0.4c.

aircam_pic.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

The ground itself here doesn't have much but the cars seem to have a fair bit on them. Quite remarkable we got anything considering the rain yesterday

Posted

Wow very impressive to see that Blitzen does not have as much snow lying as I do a hundred metres lower. There's about 2in on most surfaces here and temps still hovering around the 0C mark at 0.4C. Snow is stopping now. Very weird situation, can anyone shed some light as to why and how we enjoyed this wee surprise with uppers ranging from -2 to -4? Temperatures certainly tumbled down after peaking at 7C last evening. Also funny to notice how much colder it felt last night with the lashing winds and rain compared to this morning, despite the 7C less. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawesy said:

Just the trademark liquid snow here in Crail.

Good to see others have woken up to some of the white stuff though!

1.9c, overcast.

I'm with you on the liquid snow today. Having said that we've still got snow remnants from a couple of days ago, so I can't be a full member of your club this week. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Nothing white here. I wasn't paying full attention but I'm sure it was up over 7C here at 10pm last night and back down to aroudn 2C this morning. Damp feeling morning under a cover of low, grey cloud and just a gentle breeze.

A quick scan of the ECM & GFS models shows us largely on the cooler side of the jet-stream through the next 10 days. Nothing spectacular looking that I noticed but should be opportunities for more 'surprises'.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Nothing white here. I wasn't paying full attention but I'm sure it was up over 7C here at 10pm last night and back down to aroudn 2C this morning. Damp feeling morning under a cover of low, grey cloud and just a gentle breeze.

A quick scan of the ECM & GFS models shows us largely on the cooler side of the jet-stream through the next 10 days. Nothing spectacular looking that I noticed but should be opportunities for more 'surprises'.

That is a fair assessment @Ravelin, it's looking at least cool if not cold for much of the rest of February after a slight mild snap on Thursday and Friday perhaps? Winter is certainly not done, although snow looks most likely in central parts of Northern Scotland. 

Posted

Dull dry and a moderate breeze currently 2c with remnants of snow in very sheltered north facing areas in the woods round about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
24 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Dull dry and a moderate breeze currently 2c with remnants of snow in very sheltered north facing areas in the woods round about.

Ditto except 4C and the nearest snow remnant is up the hill half a mile away.  Bit of a nothing day.

Posted

We had a good 2 and a half inches about 6am this morning when I took these pics. The melt has set in a bit now with a snowy slushy mixture on the roads but still a fairly decent covering on everything else.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny

About an hour ago Stav on the BBC said there could be heavy snow in central and southern Scotland on Sunday

• Like 2