Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

couple more photos

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Temp has dropped to 0.6C and a few point of -1.3C and heavy snow which is now beginning to lie despite everything being saturated half an hour ago. 10 minutes ago is the biggest snow flakes I have ever seen. Still big now and still heavy. 

Strange that it's snowing here and just rain or sleet in other areas of the central belt when usually this is one of the few places that sees rain when it's snowing everywhere else.

Edit: well I say beginning to lie, I mean on grass, cars, top of the huts etc. The ground is slushy but will turn white soon if it keeps going

Edited by GrangemouthBairn

Posted

Snow hammering down again! Really frustrating day as in even very slightly modified circumstances we'd have had an utter pasting. 

Posted

I was driving through Bishopbriggs earlier and the snow was was wet but heavy with huge flakes. Here there is a bit of interest with a heavier band of showers moving in from the east and the temperature down a bit on this morning. 2.5c/1.4c. 

Posted

Thankfully it's dried up here after a miserable morning. Breezy with the odd patch of blue sky appearing, 4.2c.

Posted
1 hour ago, 101_North said:
13 minutes ago, Blizzardo said:

I was driving through Bishopbriggs earlier and the snow was was wet but heavy with huge flakes. Here there is a bit of interest with a heavier band of showers moving in from the east and the temperature down a bit on this morning. 2.5c/1.4c. 

Really very heavy again and flakes are huge!

Is there much snow on the Campsies?  Was hoping to fit in a quick walk there tomorrow.  Radar suggests they've picked up some snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Had a good covering but melting away rapidly now...Won't even be a snow lying day at this rate but the family has had the snowball fight and the obligatory meltdown from no2 child....so all happy here and let's see what rest of the spell brings

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 minute ago, edo said:

Had a good covering but melting away rapidly now...Won't even be a snow lying day at this rate but the family has had the snowball fight and the obligatory meltdown from no2 child....so all happy here and let's see what rest of the spell brings

Sounds good.  Interesting that it's No2 that melts down - it's usually No3 or No4 from what I've seen of bigger families (we stopped at No2).

I've been trying to rustle up some enthusiasm from my 2 for tomorrow's potential and got nothing but 'yeah Dad' and 'won't be a snow day on Monday tho will it, never mongoosing is these days'.

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Good 3cm now.  I take it all back. Could be our best fall of the winter.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

:rofl:Still chuckle everytime I read mongoose.....no2 is very intelligent and borderline spectrum I think although the computer says no.....weirdly number 3 and 4 are far more chilled despite being younger...first time the youngest has had a real ball in the snow today....hes not 3 till August but took great delight in pounding me with snowballs which made me happy...although passing on the love of snow may be a curse if this global warming continues and gives us not an ice age but a mongoose age 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Get a bit of a northerly slant on the easterly now which can only be good.

Though the flow seems to be getting blocked and splitting so maybe I'll keep shut....

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted

Now turned to sleety pish. What a frustrating day! 6hrs of falling snow, sometimes very heavy, and pretty much nothing to show for it! 

Posted
38 minutes ago, spindrift1980 said:

Is there much snow on the Campsies?  Was hoping to fit in a quick walk there tomorrow.  Radar suggests they've picked up some snow.

Yes. It's been marginal for me with wet snow off and on for the last few hours but I'm only about 75m asl. The hills above me look to be taking a bit of a pasting though so I'd expect there will be a fair amount of snow tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

We left Glencoe with blue sky

to arrive in Falkirk to snow.

DSC_1222.JPG

PART_1455376278901_mms_img-1812167113.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
2 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Get a bit of a northerly slant on the easterly now which can only be good.

Though the flow seems to be getting blocked and splitting so maybe I'll keep shut....

Yes showers all afternoon tracked along your side of the Firth20160213.thumb.jpg.1911904447f79eebc5c2f

Late afternoon the showers started tracking along our side of the Firth 56bf653a1b313_20160213(2).thumb.jpg.1dc456bf6543d90ea_20160213(4).thumb.jpg.3545and then one almost got to us56bf655754597_20160213(3).thumb.jpg.6d1f but veered SW inland

A real February day sunny but with a hard frost in the shade all day with a maximum temperature of 2c currently -0.5c

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Drove through a fair bit of that weather today.

Had a 21st last night in Kirkcaldy (surprised i wasn't stabbed tbh) and so drove Kirkcaldy to Stirling and then down to Dumfries.

Was snowing in Kirkcaldy when we set off but snowline was mainly above the road level. Nothing in Stirling as per usual but inbetween Glasgow and Stirling it was very snowy. Cumbernauld area was a whiteout and the motorway had tracks of sludge on it, a one point some roads at the sides looked like they had a good few inches on them. However, as quick as i hit where the snow was really falling and lying, i drove out of it. Before Glasgow. All within 22 miles. 

As i've said previously, falling and even lying snow has been good this winter. Lasting snow and cold has been very poor. So passable but not one to remember (at this late stage)