Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
51 minutes ago, snowidea said:

Is your mate from Falkirk by any chance? My neighbour's in Carrbridge with his family and a stonking log fire.

That's possibly not coincidence. Is he called Neil?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
6 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:
Just now, scottish skier said:

Wtf is going on? Totally befuddled by these cross-referencing posts!  Night all.

If only the winds and the uppers were a bit stronger, this setup is a God send for us here. Hogmanay (2010 I think?) saw a foot of snow under a perfectly aligned NErly here.

Exactly so.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
2 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Yep, Neil and Michelle, say hi to them from Sara, Donald and co.

Weather wise, it's chilly here, too dark to tell if it's clear but car doesn't look frosted up (we're in Kentallen not Falkirk at the moment). 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

HC you crack me up....... Everyone knows a Neil....my brother is called Neil....true story

-1 here and feeling chilly....hopeful of some showers of note giving decent covering here at weekend 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well it's supposed to be 0C here according to the forecast but it's currently sat at -2.7C.

Forecast is for rain tomorrow and 2C,with it cooling later and turning to snow. Funny though, now it's got me concerned about actually getting out of Aberdeenshire tomorrow afternoon to get to Ft.William. Would normally head over past Lecht, but that might be 'interesting'. Might be better heading up A96 then cutting off at Keith, but high point at Foundland might also be 'interesting'. What a dilemma to have. 

Posted

Big temperature contrast in NE Fife this morning, +2.3c here in Crail, -4c at Leuchars.

Posted

Reading more about the discovery of gravitational ripples in the fabric of space time that took 1.3billion years to travel here certainly makes the bill for the septic tank emptying seem that bit more irrelevant this morning;) 

The met office seem keen for snow on Sunday but the TV forecasts continue to show a near total lack of precipitation, wonder who is right? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

-1.0C with a light dusting of snow. No wind cos in a very short shower earlier it was falling straight down. Plenty of showers moving in from the North Sea, some quite beefy looking that'll hit the north. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning.   Woke up to falling snow, which I wasn't expecting. -0.2c/-0.1c/NE.   Fairly heavy at the mo'

080000.jpg

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Morning.   Woke up to falling snow, which I wasn't expecting. -0.2c/-0.1c/NE.   Fairly heavy at the mo'

080000.jpg

Woke up to a snow accumulation forecast of this imby by midnight tomorrow:

image.thumb.gif.d2aa803488e95696c8faacaf

Big pink spot almost centred on my house! 

I'd rather have actual snow than a promise of snow :rofl: 

Posted

Maybe  a few surprises in this predicted spell Catch.   I certainly wasn't expecting this.   Stopped now, but a nice wee covering.

Caused by a wee streamer running up the Forth I think.  (You can see it when you put the type then animation on)   Will take a few more if there is any on offer throughout the day!

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=k.

Edited by Blitzen

16 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Maybe  a few surprises in this predicted spell Catch.   I certainly wasn't expecting this.   Stopped now, but a nice wee covering.

Caused by a wee streamer running up the Forth I think.  (You can see it when you put the type then animation on)

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=k.

You'll be hoping the GFS is right, it keeps the heavy precip further north tomorrow. The BBC forecast is talking about potentially disruptive snow moving south over south-east Scotland tomorrow. Too much excitement/worry now :D 

Posted

-2c here at the moment and a hard frost, lovely morning so far.

• Like 2

Posted

Haven't looked at any this morning Catch to be honest - (don't want to jinx it!) :D

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow

The morning started (5.30am) clear and frosty,snow showers started around 6.30am,not a breath of wind,-3.Looking forward to see what the next 4-5 days has in store,one thing is certain it won't be mild and wet.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Haven't looked at any this morning Catch to be honest - (don't want to jinx it!) :D

Be brave!! I know what you mean though :) I can't believe I am this nervous about potential snow, silly silly. 

Posted

I'm not sure about tomorrow at all. The Met forecast currently has too much sleet involved for my location and looking at the uppers - well they aren't great - not really dipping below -6c until tomorrow afternoon and eventually getting down to -8c. That would be plenty cold enough for most directions but experience living here has shown anything vaguely 'easterly' to be marginal up until about -10c when snow is nailed on. Let's wait and see but latest Euro4 shows a bit of a mess of rain/sleet/snow by the time the ppn reaches the Lothians. 

Grumpy bugger today! Blaming work LOL

10 minutes ago, 101_North said:

I'm not sure about tomorrow at all. The Met forecast currently has too much sleet involved for my location and looking at the uppers - well they aren't great - not really dipping below -6c until tomorrow afternoon and eventually getting down to -8c. That would be plenty cold enough for most directions but experience living here has shown anything vaguely 'easterly' to be marginal up until about -10c when snow is nailed on. Let's wait and see but latest Euro4 shows a bit of a mess of rain/sleet/snow by the time the ppn reaches the Lothians. 

Grumpy bugger today! Blaming work LOL

Euro4 does look a total messy shambles, very hit and miss. It's either going to be utter glory or utter failure tomorrow lol