Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

I think if we get the next couple of days out of the way (expected) then things should improve to interesting as the week progresses.   I would imagine the northern half of Scotland and the mountains should do very well.   Wouldn't rule out a few surprises for lowlanders either.   A bit of moaning on the MOD,  (IDO...negative as ever with his charts starting at day 10!) that there is no cold to be had from the continent.   I don't see how this matters because if we are to get anything from the remains of this winter, initially at least, it will be from the west/northwest/north?   Hey ho, just have to see what materialises but I think this could be our best shot of the winter so far?

Sleeting here at the moment by the way. 4.4c/3.1c/SSW

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Same dreich groundhog day weather!

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Some big wet snaw flakes blowing through in the mix here the noo!

Big Innes

• Like 3

Posted

Absolute write off here. Heavy driving rain and doesn't look very warm either. Lovely day :rofl:

Posted

Sleety mix here (as evident on car windscreen when out just now) but a pish, stinking, miserable day! 

Posted

The Met Office forecast for here today may as well have been made up using an overly excited spaniel, a wind sock and some crayons such is it's accuracy. 1.5C with occasional snow showers, certainly more wintery than their take on things 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Windy here too with sleety rain.

Posted
51 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Interestinger and interestinger:

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/wrfnmm.php?ech=51&mode=1&map=5

Edit: there was no reason to link to that particular time frame, it was more for a link to the model itself. 

But for the next 24 hours it'll be mostly 'mingtesting'. :p

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms
3 hours ago, Northern Strath said:

The Met Office forecast for here today may as well have been made up using an overly excited spaniel, a wind sock and some crayons such is it's accuracy. 1.5C with occasional snow showers, certainly more wintery than their take on things 

N.S do you not know that there is a yellow sorry amber warning soon to be RED warning and a c.o.b.r.a. meeting for the people down sarf. I just hope dave has got plenty hairspray on his quiff when he addresses the nation on the immenint devastation with all this severe weather going on there i dont think they really care what's happening elsewhere 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Am I right in saying that if the Azores and Siberian(?) high pressures 'kiss' and trap that trough over the Med then it's game on?   Not asking in the MOD as there is already a squabble going on!   I think the Siberian high must have had bad breath issues because the Azores high backed off!:laugh:   Another attempt might be coming up though I think?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

That was crap. Out for 7 hours by Loch ness, got mostly heavy sleety rain at about 3C. Dampish kit to dry off.

Is the outlook still colder? Not sure I dare look at the charts.  Oh go on then, you know you will sooner or later. Yeah, lets.

39 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

That was crap. Out for 7 hours by Loch ness, got mostly heavy sleety rain at about 3C. Dampish kit to dry off.

Is the outlook still colder? Not sure I dare look at the charts.  Oh go on then, you know you will sooner or later. Yeah, lets.

Go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on. 

Posted
17 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on. 

I did I did I did I did I did...

Looking interesting... could be a bit snowy later

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

I did I did I did I did I did...

Looking interesting... could be a bit snowy later

Aye, it's looking as if the cigar might need dusted off at some point after all. Still plenty of time for a full scale mongoose rear action though. 

2 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Gosh look at this, I said to myself  56b79ca3b7853_nolicking.thumb.jpg.4bdf77 

But it's a freakin week away, you must be mad!

Who, me?

If it goes by normal chart escalation process followed by implosion rules then it'll all have fallen over by the 12z runs on Wednesday. This time weather gods, leave it alone please cos we'll all cry if we don't get some decent snow and it'll not be a pretty sight. Unlike the 18z GFS tonight which is a pretty fine sight! 

Posted

Might snow then? ;) I'll be down south wednesday to next tuesday. I'll obviously let you all know if I see any of the white stuff down there

Posted
12 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

If it goes by normal chart escalation process followed by implosion rules then it'll all have fallen over by the 12z runs on Wednesday. This time weather gods, leave it alone please cos we'll all cry if we don't get some decent snow and it'll not be a pretty sight. Unlike the 18z GFS tonight which is a pretty fine sight! 

The 18z is an 'upgrade' I know this cos my laptop is going plunk with new post notifications every minute just now.  Glad I don't have to do their laundry.

But it does look better soon.  A stiff north-easterly at thos temps might give some good accumulations to favoured places as long as there's some disturbance in the flow.  

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow

Hi lads & lassies,new the forum.I'm a winter weather but,it's been another frustrating winter for the 3rd year on the bounce.Ever since we moved from Aberdeen out here to wee place in Aberdeenshire called Kennethmont the winters have been rotten.I'm not writing this one off quite yet,things look not bad this coming week.I'll be keeping my fingers crossed anyway❄️

• Like 7