Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

Last shower was of snow which has settled on grass an cars. Hopefully we'll get many more over night but will wait and see in the morning.  Good luck folks.

Posted

Nov'13, if this does not come out as a nice snowfall with some accum like saturday two weeks ago it will have been quite a big f up by the metoffice (again?) as they have done nothing but UPgrade this situation. It certainly is interesting if nothing else, and I am sure we all will get some snow overnight but how much and where is still very open to discussion and ultimately no-one knows. Time shall tell.

School dipping ever further down, min registered as we speak at 2.7 under starry skies (yes, we do seem to be in a non precip spot at the minute) but hey that's good, I am all for giving the ground a chance to dry out and cool down. Knowing things 'round here it'd be probably close to 0C on the sensor but it feels so awful tonight that I am not even up for little experiments, don't want to move from the sofa ha!

So yah, let's get nice dp's, nice air temp and nice dry ground and let the party begin, which it will do considering we have -7 / -8 uppers atm. 

Have a productive night everyone!

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Well meto have been pretty duff recently! So it will be nervous look out the window in the morning. Showers dying back in central Scotland just now.

Posted
2 minutes ago, November13 said:

Well meto have been pretty duff recently! So it will be nervous look out the window in the morning. Showers dying back in central Scotland just now.

Showers are building to the north of Northern Ireland so I think they may pep up over the central belt over the next few hours.  I'm not expecting anything and will hopefully see some snow in the morning.

Posted

Just back from the pub and the last shower was snow and left everything white. Encouraging that the showers are getting across to the east coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Had a couple of short lived but heavy snow showers... Settles straight away...

Posted
23 minutes ago, Blizzardo said:

Heavy snow just now. Large flakes and a gusty wind. 1.3c/0.1c.

Good stuff. The radar view of the Campsies suggests they're being hammered with snow showers at 5cm per hour intensity, whereas we've had just light snow on and off here and only a wee dusting. I've been wallpapering the last 4-5 hours with beer, Flaming Lips, Nirvana, Nick Cave, Jarvis Cocker and Johnny Cash for company but I've had enough now. The latest automated from the Met Office has 9 hours of heavy snow between 6 am and 2 pm so hope the dusting is a few inchings by the time I open the wallpaper paste pot again.

• Like 2

Posted

Finally some snow action here. Fairly light still and struggling to settle so far but radar shows 'promise'! Back to sleep Zzzzzzz

Posted

Cover building now but the ppn is really whipping through in the wind. What looked like a great radar could be literally over us and away in no time at all. 

Posted

0c and about two inches of snow with still a gusty wind.Cats queueing  up to come in and hug the Rayburn

• Like 4

Posted

More snow showers but little more than a light cover so far.

Edit: Latest shower has a bit more intensity. Cover building nicely now. Doubt we'll reach enough to sledge sadly.

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well one shower made it this far and it was snowing lightly about 15mins ago. Temp 1.0C with -ve dewpoint so it is lying, but no more than a dusting. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Well more decent covering than expected here and I would say as least as much snow as the last cold spell so enough for sledging but the sledging hill won't survive too long but then snow not due to stick around for a prolonged spell anyway

Posted

Whilst the snow sticks readily during the "blizzard", once they pass, the lying stuff melts pretty quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

About a cm here. Possibly 2, but wind has blown it against west facing things.

EDIT. Another shower starting. Nice. Blawin a hoolie blizzard conditions as it batters through.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 2

Posted
58 minutes ago, Benvironment said:

Hard to tell how much snow has fallen as it's so unevenly distributed. Everything goes bonkers when it falls though.....in a good way :) -0.4C up here.

Exactly the same here another heavy shower on just now, great to see snow  drifting round the corner past the steading on a strong west wind. a few years since this has happened.

• Like 1

Slight dusting here, but that's it. Disappointed but not surprised. Radar doesn't look too fabby for down here but you never know with the speed the showers are moving at.