Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

Only a light covering here. Just missed most of the heavy stuff unfortunately. Still great to see though and maybe something a bit heavier still to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

What a day! Snow started at around 11.30am and continued until 2 when it stopped before coming back on about 2.30 and continuing until 5.30ish. Loved it so much even went to get a haircut just to be out in snow haha, few buses got stuck (as they always do) and even somone deserted their car on a main road/hill! Best snow here since March 2013 I would say. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
6 minutes ago, snowidea said:

Just back from a snowy Bishopbriggs to a snowy Falkirk. Enough for sledging -result :yahoo:

DSC_1168.JPG

Brilliant atmospheric picture! :D

• Like 1

Posted

Just been outside - and we've got around 1 inch now and it's still snowing despite what the radar says.

Posted

Back bit of ppn rebuilding in the last shot of radar so we might be in for another hour or two worth of light snow. 

Yes, sorry, I checked the radar again haha There's like 4-5cm outside :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

About a cm lying now. Steady moderate snaw. -0.5 C.

Going to a friends for dinner. Mrs SS was like 'Erm, can you be the designated driver so can enjoy the nice wine we're taking'. I was like 'Of course, no problem! Definitely my turn!'

:diablo:

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 2

Posted

Still snowing outside. It's been snowing since 10 o'clock this morning here. Temperature is now 0C. Temperature was 1C during the afternoon.

Edited by Frozen Britain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Still steady light snaw here. Kids have loved it !!! Now cosy inside having hot chocolate.  Jessica has had a blast with her wee pal

• Like 4

Posted

So in the south west temperature has been predictably a degree or two above the central belt but sounds like you got more SNOWfall total. Now here ppn is like frozen drizzle and temp is -2.2 sensor and -0.8 school. Wonder if there's some lying snow on the rooftop as it's Saturday night and the heating could be off. That would do a great deal of a favour to measuring a minimum temperature closer to reality. Also the air is very still and there's a nice covering of about 5cm of a powdery-frosty snow that would have been beautiful had there been a bit more. Snow fiestas are being called off for the time being it would seem but what's lying around ain't going anywhere, especially in shady bits. 

Where's been the deepest snow in Scotland today, anyone knows? 

• Like 1

Posted

Today's snow has been great. To be honest I think in my location this is as good as it gets without a proper Greenland block which is not looking likely this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I hope it disneh snaw in London because the country will come to a standstill and it will be all over the news for the next 10 years!:D

• Like 2

Posted

Top end of Killie pretty bad driving. For once though people seemed to be taking it easy. Main roads up to Darvel OK. 

Got ot a few inches here. Not bad considering it only showed up at short notice. 

Posted

A distant view of Ben WyvisP1160484.thumb.JPG.c49778ca1fcdef9f5363c in the sun this afternoon wearing a full winter cloak of snow.    Currently starry and -4c

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Certainly heavier here at the moment and beginning to see some depth.   MOD talking about a breakdown mid next week but things have been so unpredictable lately that I wouldn't put any money on it.   Even if it does breakdown mid next week tho' that will have been about 8 days of something that has at least resembled winter here.   Some of the bigger guns  are still predicting a cold end to this month and into February.   As ever, time will tell.

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1

Posted

7pm comes and goes and snow is still falling nicely IMBY, it looked like it was stopping a bit before but now it's on again to an extent. Temp school -0.6, guessing sensor will be around -2. There is a very stally river of ppn running over the central belt and it shows no signs of stopping for a bit. We will see... it has been snowing for 6h in total now, I believe we can still scrap another cm or two out of these blessing remnants in the next hour. 

Posted

Not even a single flake here in Crail, the long snow drought continues.

The Crail snow shield really is top of the range!

• Like 1

Posted
This snow is expected to continue to fall along a relatively narrow corridor, perhaps only 100 miles wide

They did produce something that has verified at least. Snow is falling quite steadfast right now. Metoffice still updating snow symbols lol, it's actually quite impressive how the computer gets there...Sunday night into Monday now showing another snow event hmmm. But knowing them lot it'll all be gone tomorrow haha!

Interesting evening out there but wouldn't drive for the world. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

7 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Not even a single flake here in Crail, the long snow drought continues.

The Crail snow shield really is top of the range!

Same here. Cloudy but dry at -0.5C.  

Niece in Glasgow and brother up in Highland Perthshire have just shared snow photos on Facebook. Not happy.:angry:

• Like 1