Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
1 minute ago, Frozen Britain said:

Snowing really heavily now and some big flakes and is turning everything white pretty quickly. Wasn't GFS the first model to predict the High Pressure this weekend? Looks like it got it wrong then? So was ECM or UKMO closer to the mark? Is there any more snowfall expected over the coming few days?

I see that there is further potential snowfall on Monday when an Atlantic system comes up against the cold air. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Chucking it down atm Helensburgh way........

Sledging time is here:yahoo:

image.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Pic of our garden at the moment. We're just off to Glasgow so will be interesting to see how it's is at the in laws.

DSC_1160.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

What i'm surprised at is the temperature.

-1.5c is pretty chilly for 2pm. Shouldn't break -1c today so by far and away the coldest say for around a year....

bigger flakes now, as heavy as it's been :)

Posted
19 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Glad to hear it Aggy - you and I compete for being probably the most snow-starved on this thread!

Ha ha ha twice in one month after a five year drought of snow hope u get some soon 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Helensburgh town centre getting very snowy...outskirts of town  getting thick....hoping for a sharp frost later...

image.jpg

Posted
28 minutes ago, SW Saltire said:

What i'm surprised at is the temperature.

-1.5c is pretty chilly for 2pm. Shouldn't break -1c today so by far and away the coldest say for around a year....

bigger flakes now, as heavy as it's been :)

I was in Dumfries between 11.30 and 2.00 pm and the low temperature struck me too, with the snow coming on about 12.45 and sticking pretty much instantly. It's also so rare to see it falling like the Dickensian fantasy snow, light and fluffy, straight down from the sky. Or like in the fight scene at the Japanese water garden in Kill Bill. We usually get our snow driven in sideways and pounded into the ground if it's not blown away as soon as it touches down.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
5 minutes ago, moffatross said:

I was in Dumfries between 11.30 and 2.00 pm and the low temperature struck me too, with the snow coming on about 12.45 and sticking pretty much instantly. It's also so rare to see it falling like the Dickensian fantasy snow, light and fluffy, straight down from the sky. Or like in the fight scene at the Japanese water garden in Kill Bill. We usually get our snow driven in sideways and pounded into the ground if it's not blown away as soon as it touches down.

Yeah, it stuck instantly. I'm 5 miles west of the town so do better in marginal set ups. However there is more than enough margin for error with this one so the town will be getting what i am. Just about to head in (fb is full of 'it's snowing!' status's..... Like stfu man) 

Looked like a fairytale earlier.

Lots of tiny flakes with some big ones mixed in. Flakes getting bigger again. 

Not loads on the ground but around 2cm. Temp will start to fall after 3:30 i'd imagine :)

Do you have much at Moffat?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

My  YER.WINDAE  weather site is now telling me that it is starting to flurry here!....Yippee:D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Light to moderate here on the coast at Newmills in Fife. Temp is at 0 degrees at the moment to. Nice stuff!

• Like 1

I'm blown away :D We went for a walk up Harden's Hill, it's less than five miles from my house. We have very little snow but at 300m up the hill the rain we had on Wednesday night must have been snow all the way. The drifts were feet deep. Yes I went jumping in them with the kids, yes it was epic and yes I enjoyed it immensely :):):):) 

image.thumb.jpeg.a49508f89a17ad40b089205image.thumb.jpeg.de65f60d069d1fc71e605f2image.thumb.jpeg.4465c282f68d1cd87408817image.thumb.jpeg.af25c4dcf9834eb9606d1b0image.thumb.jpeg.2985181edc93a38f41e7424image.thumb.jpeg.65c452f497ae661d711b941image.thumb.jpeg.e1056404d3ab2d27c152800image.thumb.jpeg.57eeb7e4158e9fa1edadafb

image.jpeg

Posted

Catch my drift, I'm in killie and it's snowing! I had melted it with my arrival but it's came back on heavy and settling! 

1 minute ago, Ross B said:

Catch my drift, I'm in killie and it's snowing! I had melted it with my arrival but it's came back on heavy and settling! 

The jinx is broken!!!! Whatever next, Scotland to qualify for a World Cup? I feel like anything is possible now. Elvis for president. Man on Mars. Labour comeback in May? 

Posted
15 minutes ago, SW Saltire said:

Not loads on the ground but around 2cm. Temp will start to fall after 3:30 i'd imagine :)

Do you have much at Moffat?

Probably about the same here, not much more than an inch, but it's still snowing steadily and pepping up in intensity from time to time. I noticed that Kercoobrie was getting hammered, the Galloway Hills are already loaded and the thought of a wee ski tour over there is quite appealing :-)

• Like 1

Posted

In killie now and surprised how much there is. Beginning to wonder what it will be like up the road and how we'll get home. Radar still showing plenty. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder any extreme weather

Been going for about 4 hours now ❄️❄️:yahoo:

image.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Still hoping we might catch a flake? 

Posted

Got heavy again but it will die out eventually as it is on the move. It's been a nice snowy afternoon though

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

2cm still fairly heavy a few hours left in this so should have 4cm by the end.

• Like 1