Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
18 minutes ago, Northern Strath said:

Met office had a lonely wee snow symbol for here for 9pm, teasing gits took it away in the last hour though, it's left me glancing shifty eyes out the window though.. 1C

All looks to be west of Loch Ness so far. I'd close the curtains and wait for another night...

• Like 1

Posted

I'll give it credit - EURO 4 just will not drop it's snow idea for a very localised area :D

15120318_0300.gif

Met Forecast now also mentioning "possible sleet to lower levels". I wonder if somewhere with even quite modest altitude might be in for a wee surprise?

Edited by 101_North

Posted

Tried to reply to HC last night but wasn't able to type in the box, finding the new set-up a bit of an a*se but will probably just be my phone.. seems grand now

Hard frost this morning and just below 0c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Just below freezing here at the moment after an overnight low of -1'C. Happy to see distant suggestions of a northerly returning to the models.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Overnight low of -1.6C and a bit of a frost. Gone quite cloudy now with a bit of a breeze.

Posted

Snowing heavily here just south of Broughton on the A701 - wasn't expecting that!

• Like 1

Posted

GFS is currently modelling gusts around 65 mph on Friday, and in excess of 70 mph on Saturday evening in Glasgow and Edinburgh. Coupled with 75-150 mm of rain in the west, it could be an eventful weather weekend for the wrong reasons.

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Heavy sleet in Edinburgh at Kings Buildings. Temp is 2.7C according to the uni weather station

Edited by GrangemouthBairn

Posted

Whiteout at Leadburn but still rain here at Peebles. Ever hopeful though!

Good old Euro4 was onto something after all, 101 North bet you're gutted you're not at home.

All we've got here is heavy cold rain, but it's got that feel that it will turn to snow eventually. The WRF-NMM has the precip turning to snow for large parts of the Borders and Lothians, relative to what the Euro4 was showing previously. Interesting :)

Posted

Yeah snow here now as well just up the road.  It's not been a terrible start  to this very mild winter with no cold and snow in sight ....

• Like 2

Posted

Evening all,

Currently 3.6c and raining steadily in Crail. Horrible evening.

Nice to see some snow for those with a bit of elevation!

Posted
8 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Rather unexpected :D

tmp_22551-IMG_20151203_1809532113293526.jpg

Nice one. You deserve it after that watching for it on the euro4 for the last 5 or 6 runs!

• Like 1

Posted

A few cm now lying on the grass. Less on solid surfaces. Snowman built but it's a slushy affair. Still great fun with the kids :)

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Well, that was unexpected.

Sleet when I left work W. Embra. Turned to heavy lying snaw on the higher part of the City Bypass. Then back again to snaw A68 Pathhead all the way to the other side of Soutra at Oxton.

Plenty of cars and even a lorry unable to ascend Soutra; wheels just spinning. After I while I just drove past them all in the deeper snow in the space between the two lanes there.

Some geezer beeped at me so I beeped back. He was in a '4 x 4' Chelsea tractor, I'm guessing with motorway tires on so less than useless, and he was miffed at me happily overtaking him / all the stuck traffic.

I love winter tyres.

Oh, and sadly just lashin doon with a bit of sleet mixed in here at fort SS. Seems the colder air is north of the Hills in the Forth Valley. Not unusual in this type of set-up.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 8