Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

Thought I saw a flash of lightning over the south side of Glasgow.

Lol think that's what I just heard, it was distant but pretty intense!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Snowing again here. Would be nice to get a good covering but I suspect it'll just be a dusting. Stupidly excited, but as I'm Cornish and not really used to snow think it's ok to keep looking out of window every 2 minutes.

post-22904-0-16767900-1448822584_thumb.j

post-22904-0-99445800-1448822597_thumb.j

• Like 6

Snowing again here. Would be nice to get a good covering but I suspect it'll just be a dusting. Stupidly excited, but as I'm Cornish and not really used to snow think it's ok to keep looking out of window every 2 minutes.

We would all look outside every two minutes without being Cornish :D

Posted

Heavy blowing snow piling up against the windows with huge flakes "snow crazy persons heaven" Currently 0c  Took last of late calving cows and heifers in at lunch time.Bet they are glad they are in.

• Like 5

Posted

Only just started to snow here but only with the showers at there heaviest.. Getting hacked off with this weather when are we due a change? I know a warm front is due next week but will be short lived I guess as another cold front will follow..

Only just started to snow here but only with the showers at there heaviest.. Getting hacked off with this weather when are we due a change? I know a warm front is due next week but will be short lived I guess as another cold front will follow..

A change in what sense? It's to stay unsettled for a while, milder, colder, windy, wet, etc.

Posted

After a weekend of constant rain interspersed with sleet, it's finally snowing here !!!

Edited by Polar Side
  • Like 1

Posted

Heavy wet snow here. Settling on the grass but just a slushy mess really. Really whipping around in the wind though!

Edit: Polar Side - you win this round :-)

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted

A change in what sense? It's to stay unsettled for a while, milder, colder, windy, wet, etc.

A change to some drier weather even just for a few days.. I know the warm front will see an end to the squalls and chilling wind but will still be wet but we know it will be back to this again once the cold front follows.. Maybe I should move lol..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Everything got very crunchy underfoot here after rain showers late afternoon following the snow but it's once again snowing quite heavy here

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather in winter

And I have had heavy wet snow showers this evening and the snow is settling around 250m.Yes I can understand the frustration of the community further south who haven't seen snow fall for a few years now and currently they are bathed in the mild side of the jet stream.This is day three of falling snow in Galashiels and winter is yet to start likes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

The showers have all been of rain or sleet over the last few hours but the last one which finished half an hour ago turned to wet snow for a little bit. As the skies have cleared, the temp has now dropped to 1.3/-1.2C so hopefully the next shower will be of snow from the off and the temp doesn't rise too much as the cloud builds in ahead of it