Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Turned to snow much earlier than anticipated here with some heavy snow and really quite dramatic hail so far. Currently snowing, tonight's looking very good!

• Like 1

Posted

Precip turning a bit more wintry here now, less rain, more sleet, hail and some blobs of snow flying through it.

Snap. I think me and you are in the mildest parts of the country.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Im jealous,hope youre all ok up there,im way down in the south-east of england,its blowing a hoolie here and no chance of seeing anything wintry,stay safe

• Like 3

Posted

Snap. I think me and you are in the mildest parts of the country.

You're right we have an unrivaled snow shield here! Did you catch any of the lightning last night? I was in saltcoats and there was a few nice cracks of T&L?

Posted

Im jealous,hope youre all ok up there,im way down in the south-east of england,its blowing a hoolie here and no chance of seeing anything wintry,stay safe

Me too, just tipping it down here again :) 

• Like 1

Posted

You're right we have an unrivaled snow shield here! Did you catch any of the lightning last night? I was in saltcoats and there was a few nice cracks of T&L?

Didn't notice any lightning. Just noticing all the photographs of people who have had lots of the white stuff and nothing here. There has been sleet here but nothing else. I think I will move to the Highlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well that was unexpected!

About half past 3 I thought I'd better move and get the dog out before it got dark. Sky was beginning to look ominous so stuck on my waterproof on the expectation of getting wet. Oh no, just walked out the door as the wind got up and the heavy snow started. Proper big flakes of snow, on the wet side but not sleety, travelling virtually horizontally. Both the dog and I had one side or other completely white depending on which direction we were walking.

In an act of perfect timing it stopped just as we got home, but not before turning everything white.

I'd been out earlier and it hadn't felt cold enough to snow, around 3C when I checked early afternoon. Was down to 1.2C after the dog walk.

Don't know what they are complaining about in the model threads, that's me had snow the last 2 weekends and it's not even officially winter yet.

• Like 4

Posted

Well that was unexpected!

Don't know what they are complaining about in the model threads, that's me had snow the last 2 weekends and it's not even officially winter yet.

I was just thinking that half of the 10 winters I've spent in Crail have been completely devoid of lying snow, so today's dusting (though mostly gone now) is very notable for late November!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

^^^

Stunning Scenery,was up in Scotland in July,stayed near

Glencoe went walking and had a great time,the hospitality of

The Scottish folk was excellent,Hopefully be back next year.

C.S

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Seems like a different land haha. Was at the beach today around 2pm. A balmy 7.5c and briefly sunny on the beach front. Felt really pleasant.

The rain did move in and it fell to 5c with a strong wind.

Wind had felled trees on three different roads when heading to the coast so was a nightmare to get to.

Turned to sleet by 4pm when heading inland.

A chilly 3c now back home. No hope of snow though I'd say.

Decided against driving up the road. I would imagine the higher parts of the road route will get difficult very soon.

Hopefully get a view of some lying snow on my travels north tomorrow :)

We've had some falling snow here, but I missed it as I was at work. We might yet catch a few flakes tonight, but I doubt it'll come to much. Cracking pics from elsewhere though, I'm jealous :( lol :D

Posted

Took a drive out to Braemar today and it was beautful from Ballater onwards. They had about 5 inches in Braemar so everything was really covered. Dodgy drive back home in some serious heavy snow but great to see an unexpected covering here in Westhill too!

Part of the A90 was similar to that (around Stonehavn) about half an hour ago. One of those driving at warp speed type effects with the snowflakes in the headlights! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Well, we did have a few flurries of the white stuff, but it's been mainly sleet and hail. The OH informed me that we had a thunder and lightening storm during the night which explained why the alarm clock was flashing like billy oh this morning. I never heard a thing! Must have been in a really deep sleep. It is cauld though, needless to say I'm not very far from the fire. I hope the roads stay clear though as we're heading to Snecky on Tuesday to do the dreaded Chrissy shopping. I also see we're in for another wee puff or two next weekend. Welcome to winter, eh?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Hey Scotland!

Loving the snow reports and pics, just been reading and looking through the thread :D

Im very very jealous haha, but enjoy the snow! :cold: :cold:

• Like 5