Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Snow shower in Aberfeldy. Sleety in Perth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Temp here down to -0.6C but unlikely any of the showers will make it this far East. Too much of a straight westerly.

Edited by Ravelin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Belting down now on the traffic cams at Drummochter and Glenogle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Sleet falling at the Fermers v Funsters game. Might be some snow overnight.

But probably none at the bottomsters gemme the morn...not convinced I need to be on lampie duty tonight...wife away tomorrow aswell all day so a long day with the 4 musketeers awaits so probably best have a decent kip

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Snow is failing for the first time tonight down here...

Was chillier up in Stirling when I left so probably better up there.

Still, pretty good for me, basically at sea level :)

Could be a wintry week...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Woke up to light dusting of snow and temp was 1.5 but we don't know if that's accurate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Well I excitedly kept checking through the night, met o predicted sleet for Falkirk but we're quite high up so sleet down in the town is often snow for us. Sadly nothing but rain, horrid cold looking rain. :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Heavy sleet earlier, now just grey, dreich pish...  Time to hit the shops for a new winter coat, cold and wet seems to be the future.

or perhaps just hibernate with Ms HC!

Cripes. Just watched the beeb forecast - sounds like the end of the world is nigh.  Some snow and wind?  Do they get paid more if the dress it up?

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Reporting in from Glasgow where it is wet, 6c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Latest BBC weather from Helen Willets mentioned significant snowfall for Central Scotland!! Did not expect that, I'm rather excited now!! :cold:  :yahoo:

I'm not particularly sure though, although uppers for tomorrow do favour it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Latest BBC weather from Helen Willets mentioned significant snowfall for Central Scotland!! Did not expect that, I'm rather excited now!! :cold:  :yahoo:

I'm not particularly sure though, although uppers for tomorrow do favour it.

Met office warning for wind and snow just issued for Scotland

C.S

• Like 1

Posted

Winter tyres currently getting fitted and the meto just put out a weather wach for snow.... Good timing!

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Snow warning out for parts of Scotland

Issued at: 1208 on Sat 28 Nov 2015

Valid from: 0700 on Sun 29 Nov 2015

Valid to: 1000 on Mon 30 Nov 2015

Outbreaks of rain will turn to snow in areas just to the north of the Central Belt during Sunday morning, persisting into the afternoon in places. This may bring a few cm of snow even to low levels, while 10-15 cm could accumulate over some high ground areas. In other areas a mix of wintry showers persists through the daytime on Sunday, becoming heavier and more widespread, and spreading south during the evening and nighttime period, leading to further accumulating snow in places, as well as an enhanced risk of ice into Monday morning. Please be aware of the need to take extra care and allow more time for travel, but also keep up to date with any further updates to this warning - the southern limit of the more widespread snow is particularly uncertain.

Chief Forecaster's assessment

Wintry showers will continue across much of Scotland on Sunday and overnight into Monday. To complicate matters, an area of low pressure is expected to track across southern Scotland, with the risk of more widespread sleet or snow to the north of the low centre for a few hours. The southern limit of this wintry threat is liable to some adjustment as there's going to be a very sharp cut off between the cold air and much milder air in southern Scotland. For this reason, this warning will very likely be updated on Sunday morning. On current evidence, the most likely areas to be affected by this more widespread snow would be Argyll, west Dunbartonshire, Stirlingshire, Clackmannanshire, Fife, Perth & Kinross and Angus.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1448755200&regionName=uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Hi everyone. New location for me so thought I'd drop in and say hello.

Currently 7c, moderate rain and dull here in Pitlochry

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

5.4C here at the moment but feels colder in the wind. Started off the day with a bit of a frost but warmed up quickly. Otherwise it's dull and grey but dry.

Posted

A preety wintry outlook short term for much of central Scotland it now seems - another case of sudden term developments increasing likelihood of snow.. as is often the case.

All thanks to a secondary low development from the NW moving across southern parts of Scotland, cold air undercutting to the north. Places with a bit of height in southern highland regions/trossachs etc could get quite a bit, and I won't be surprised come this time tomorrow to hear reports of snow down to very low levels.

Monday looks a cold day.

• Like 1

Posted

Getting pretty dark again. Think we about to get hit with another rain or..................whatever shower