Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Too much turbulence at the Leith lamp-post to characterise it, but enough visible in the mix to say there's definitely some wet flakes. Higher parts of the city might be seeing something more worthwhile just now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Light snow. Temperature has stayed at 2.5C but the dew point has quickly risen to -2.6C. I think it may be the rising dew points which eventually turn this to sleet here. Don't think the snow will lie as it is

Posted

Started snowing here !

You beat me to it 101 !

Edited by Polar Side
  • Like 2

Posted

The snow was initially settling but now melting leaving damp surfaces and potential for ice tomorrow morning. A nice bonus to see some snow and the earliest, albeit brief, covering if snow I've seen.

I don't need any outside light to tell me it's snowing now, fingers crossed it stays as snow and doesn't suffer the same fate as others' snow-sleet-rain. I won't hold my breath but will enjoy it while it lasts :D

Posted

Started off as sleet but just plain old rain here now :( Meanwhile a few miles away in Stirling it's apparently snowing and lying. Just shows how much of an effect even a slight bit of elevation can have!

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Pummelling down now. Who says November is autumn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Will let you off OTR now 1.3 here and raining...why does precipitation reach us when it's rain...grrrrr

Posted

Well, back to rain but it has been nice to see snow fall for a bit. Hoping to see the Ochils with a good dusting in the morning though  :) sn0wman, are you sure it is settling in Stirling?! I would be surprised considering that it has not settled here but who knows...

Posted

Well, well, snow has started getting a little heavier and the temperature has dropped to 1.9C. Dew point up to -1.9C. Not going to lie and didn't expect it to

Edited by GrangemouthBairn

Posted

Wind has really picked up here in the last 30 minutes. Temperature rising too, 2.8c.

Posted

Well, back to rain but it has been nice to see snow fall for a bit. Hoping to see the Ochils with a good dusting in the morning though  :) sn0wman, are you sure it is settling in Stirling?! I would be surprised considering that it has not settled here but who knows...

Hey, one of my friends said that it had started lying for a while but they messaged me about 5 minutes ago to say that it had melted with the sleet. Yeah hopefully the Ochils are getting pasted! :) 

Posted

I think elevation is the factor in this event. It's not always the case. I am guessing anywhere over 250ft is getting good snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Snowing here in Falkirk, lightly.

post-22904-0-93445500-1448062527_thumb.j

Edited by snowidea
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

It was snowing very heavily here and lying well but we've had some very strong NErly winds coming in which has raised the temperature to the point of wet snow and sleet. Still some snow about and the winds have died down / skies have cleared so anything that falls again tonight will likely settle. Nice wee start to the season!

Posted

I see the pub run has delivered an interesting Fl !

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

I think elevation is the factor in this event. It's not always the case. I am guessing anywhere over 250ft is getting good snow.

Think again! :p

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 1

Posted

Snowing here in Kilmaurs near Kilmarnock in East Ayrshire. I was not expecting that. My location always escapes arctic weather whenever we get any. Winds coming from the north mean we are sheltered from any wintry weather.

Is this the only snowfall that is expected from this cold snap? Is there any more forecast? I've heard that it is to be dry this weekend.

• Like 1

Posted

It has turned more sleety in the last 15 minutes. Temperature now 1.4C. Amazing how it can be snowing at 2.5C but then half an hour later its sleet at 1.4C