Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General Cluster

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

That was a bit abrupt, Pete...

Moderate mongoose-snow here now at 1.4C.  Got down to 1.0C before it started.

That was a bit abrupt, Pete...

Moderate mongoose-snow here now at 1.4C.  Got down to 1.0C before it started.

I guess it was, HC...Now that I'm back here in the Sooth, I forgot that the Sneck's winter starts in August! :D

Cold clear night here, wee bit windy. Keeping my eye on the cloud traversing its way down from the NNW, hmm wonder if it'll pass us a few wee flakes on the way by.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Temp dropped to 1.8C with a -ve dewpoint and.... wait for it... it's Snowing!

Started off as really heavy wet sleety stuff but looking more like 'proper' mid-range snow now. It's also making an attempt at lying, especially on the grass and cars.

*Awakes from slumber*

HEAVY SNAW!

it's coming down thick and fast and has actually covered everything already.

Same here, everything was freezing up before it arrived, so every flake settling, could be in for a decent dump here by morning.

That will be the front having reached Aviemore then:

post-4009-0-16622700-1448052796_thumb.jp

Cam: www.winterhighland.info/cams/aviemore .

Thought we would take the dog for a little walk...

Fantastic stuff.

Wow,sticking much better with you than it is here. Best we've managed is a wet covering, which is now melting since its eased off despite the temp having dropped to 1.2C.

Looking a interesting little band. Might even get a covering here. Cold enough for it

Hee Haw in the way o' white stuff up here. Wind has picked up a bit and temp falling. Lowest so far tonight was 1.4c. A few excitable peeps on here tonight, lots of smiles by the morning and a few snowmen too I'd imagine!

2.9C, mongoose-snow has finished but there've been several really fierce gusts in the last hour or so.  One had the green wheelie bin over, which is not a very common occurence, officer.

-0.8 here and ground has crisped right up...new aldi 20 quid weather station so not sure how accurate as only been operating for 3 hours....seems decent for the money...expecting nowt here...mongoose shield very effective in northerly

Great pic from Westhill...can picture the silence and hear the crunch as walk through the snow

After an earlier period of snow the mild sector has arrived and it is now raining here.

What's your location?

Been lurking for a few weeks. Liking the snowy pics, just clear and cold here.

Any potential for snow in my area thanks to this band of snow thats heading down? No way am i going to sleep until it arrives!

2.3C and raining here too. Pity, I had high hopes for this second band of precipitation.

Edit: having had plenty of experience watching stuff on the radar die out over the Cairngorms, I'd say this lot will make it over them so Perth will probably get a hit. Now whether that will be snow or rain....