Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Drizzle here,but it can drizzle with -8c upper air.

Yes milder today from the SW west.

They can`t even forecast a few hours ahead after seeing this morning`s its changed so much.

So I`ve lost all faith in forecasts on snow this year,been a very bad year.

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I won't lie, that is one big band of rain heading our way! Can't remember the last time I saw a band of rain that heavy and that wide before! Seen heavy bands of rain that are narrow but that is a monster.

Screenshot_2016-03-08-23-28-04.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Absolutely bucketing down here. Currently 3.8oC.

Edited by Barbmac

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Been smashing it down all night and still going! Must be over 20mm of rain now since midnight. If only it had been snow. Sigh.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A sleet mix here this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Yes, sleet here too. At 270m it's about 70% rain and 30% snowflakes but at 360m it's 30% rain and 70% snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

22mms of rain overnight.

Temperature at 3.4C in a strong easterly now backing northerly.

Snow a bit further south around Bristol.

MIA

Update at 15;45

Finally stopped now and recorded 25.8mms (almost exactly 1 inch)

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Had a bit of sleet earlier but the main story is the appealing road flooding around here. Especially between Bromsgrove and Kidderminster, many of the main roads are flooded badly. Side roads chaos with traffic and more flooding. 

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Sometimes I despise living in Shropshire. Forecast for next ten days is cloud cloud and more cloud. Must be one of the dullest places in the UK surely?? 

Posted

The further North West you go the colder, wetter, and more overcast it becomes so probably not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
11 hours ago, klippieboo said:

Sometimes I despise living in Shropshire. Forecast for next ten days is cloud cloud and more cloud. Must be one of the dullest places in the UK surely?? 

this area is dull off easterlies, N sea mist struggles to lift, so yes Staffs and Shrops probably the dullest areas in the UK, in the average Spring setup, high to north low to south, NW areas of UK tend to be the sunniest

the average winter setup, low to north, high to south, southern areas brightest, NW areas wettest/dullest

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
22 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

this area is dull off easterlies, N sea mist struggles to lift, so yes Staffs and Shrops probably the dullest areas in the UK, in the average Spring setup, high to north low to south, NW areas of UK tend to be the sunniest

the average winter setup, low to north, high to south, southern areas brightest, NW areas wettest/dullest

Shropshire often ends up cloudy in both setups. But quite a bit of sun today, at least until about 2pm. Still waiting for some settling snow though...

Posted

Lovely day once the fog lifted. It was actually possible to sit out at lunchtime without hands freezing in the wind & some warm sunshine. Such a change from that vile cold, wet, windy weather we've had up until yesterday. Why some crave it Is a mystery?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yes a pleasant day here. Even with it being fairly cloudy late this afternoon it still wasn't too bad thanks to very light winds. Really shall enjoy this dry spell. Sunday especially looks a cracker. :) Will be giving the lawn it's first cut of the year on Sunday too. :)

Such a contrast to the flooding that hit our area a couple of days ago!

Posted
14 hours ago, davehsug said:

Lovely day once the fog lifted. It was actually possible to sit out at lunchtime without hands freezing in the wind & some warm sunshine. Such a change from that vile cold, wet, windy weather we've had up until yesterday. Why some crave it Is a mystery?

I can never understand that either, how the 'eck can anyone like wind and rain? especially with lower temps, not too bad if it was 12° or higher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Well after the mid-week deluge it's been pretty decent here for mid-March.Lovely sunshine and dry the last 2 days.It enabled me to get outside to do some fencing repairs and more importantly the dry outlook means the golf courses will dry out after months of water logging and frequent playing restrictions.

Yes i am ready for some settled and dry Spring weather now-it doesn't have to be overally warm for me to enjoy outdoors-no more cold rain or sleet now thanks.

Posted

Yes me to Phil, And today delivers a lovely Spring day here with light winds and blue sky's with just a little haze still lingering. Good outdoor weather..

Posted

What a stunning crystal clear blue sky day. Really really pleasant in the sun. Time to cut the lawn! :)

Posted

Yes knocking the top off mine shortly.

Posted

Now enjoying lunch outside in the sun in between cutting the front and back lawns. Even wearing shorts. :D just cannot beat those first proper warmSpring days. :) 

Posted

First glorious worthwhile weather day of the year, clear and sunny just come in as suns to low after 2pm still for garden this time of year.

Here's hoping next weekend is sunny both days.

Posted

nasty easterly wind out there, only going to increase from tomorrow, will feel raw with north sea mist, (of course that's for my location only) everyone else in this region sunny/warm, away from Staffs and Shrops

Posted

quiet on here! vile today that horrible wind, mist rolled in around 10.30am, more chance of brightness tomorrow after front clears