Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
13 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Look how much it's fizzled out in the past hour!! As soon as I stepped off the train it just broke up over Oxford :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Screenshot_2016-03-04-20-38-04.png

Keep the faith Andy, look what the predictive radar is showing for 9.45pm...

image.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
3 minutes ago, fizz511 said:

Keep the faith Andy, look what the predictive radar is showing for 9.45pm...

image.png

It's lying, fizzychops.

The precip is doing a runner from Oxford. I actually saw more snow falling in Birmingham this evening than Oxford! Unbelievable.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Persistant light snow here. Very pleased to hear others get snow.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

And it's still raining... That's 9 hours now of rain and drizzle, why isn't it even trying to snow in the heavier bursts? Evap cooling obviously doesn't exist in these parts. The eternal autumn continues......

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

And it's still raining... That's 9 hours now of rain and drizzle, why isn't it even trying to snow in the heavier bursts? Evap cooling obviously doesn't exist in these parts. The eternal autumn continues......

Its been a rum do this winter, Even for these parts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Skies have cleared here now :cold: Currently -0.3c, dew's at -0.5c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

The netweather radar says it is sleeting here. Having just been out in the car to collect my lad from Scouts, it most definately is not sleeting. 100% rain...as has been the case for 10 hours now. Wish this front would do one now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
8 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

The netweather radar says it is sleeting here. Having just been out in the car to collect my lad from Scouts, it most definately is not sleeting. 100% rain...as has been the case for 10 hours now. Wish this front would do one now.

Earlier had the same, it said it was sleeting, it most definitely wasn't sleeting......It was snowing  :D

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Earlier had the same, it said it was sleeting, it most definitely wasn't sleeting......It was snowing  :D

Git.

This is what happens though what with Shropshire being one of my neighbouring counties!!

Posted
7 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

And earlier when I was in Oxford, it showed snow over us and it was light rain before it fizzled out completely.

I'm getting completely mugged off by the Weather Gods.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Well, I'm sorry my birthday presie didn't work out Andy - Happy Birthday for tomorrow anyway.

(I didn't dream that you said it was your birthday tomorrow did I?)

It's my daughter's birthday on 21st March, and I remember there being snow at that time on many occasions, so all is not lost yet, especially as there's this SSW going on at the moment which is, by all accounts, quite a powerful one.

Im not throwing the towel in before Easter!

Edited by fizz511

Posted

I know I'm only at 79 meters asl, but the rain splashing against the window as I write this tells it's own story. Off to the Shropshire hills tomorrow morning for a running event. Hopefully will be able to see into Wales and view the snowy Berwyns *sigh*

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy snow now here.

• Like 1

Posted

Moderate snow for most of the day until about 2.30 pm, None settled here but the snowline is easily visible at about 800ft, just a mile or so up the road.

Posted

Story of this winter really , knife edge marginal set ups ..... At least there's been plenty of interest 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
13 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Heavy snow now here.

You don't say!

Posted

Any chance of any more before morning? After all it must be colder now than it was during the day, which would make any precipitation less marginal.

Posted

Reports of snow as far south as Somerset and Brighton, was snowing around Manchester this morning, Coventry this afternoon, and still it bloody rains in Shrewsbury. Getting on for 12 hours of the horrid stuff now, how much needs to fall for some of that "evaporative cooling" to kick in? The temp just refuses to drop whatever the uppers/wind direction/dewpoint etc, it just cannot snow round here for some reason!

Posted
1 hour ago, fizz511 said:

Well, I'm sorry my birthday presie didn't work out Andy - Happy Birthday for tomorrow anyway.

(I didn't dream that you said it was your birthday tomorrow did I?)

It's my daughter's birthday on 21st March, and I remember there being snow at that time on many occasions, so all is not lost yet, especially as there's this SSW going on at the moment which is, by all accounts, quite a powerful one.

Im not throwing the towel in before Easter!

Thank youuu:D

Yes it is my birthday tomorrow. 28, getting old :sorry: i'm going down to Watford for it to watch Leicester play. Hope we win! Yeah I have seen snow in April before up in Leicester. We are due a big snow event again in the Midlands! Maybe next Winter :)

• Like 1

Posted

We had a snow flurry about 4pm. Cold out there now -0.8C. If any makes it here overnight or early morning it will be of the white variety.

Posted
2 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Thank youuu:D

Yes it is my birthday tomorrow. 28, getting old :sorry: i'm going down to Watford for it to watch Leicester play. Hope we win! Yeah I have seen snow in April before up in Leicester. We are due a big snow event again in the Midlands! Maybe next Winter :)

28 - lucky you! I just turned 40!!

Posted
Just now, mackerel sky said:

28 - lucky you! I just turned 40!!

And I remember when you were only 30 :D time seems to fly once you reach 20 though. I don't even know where the last 8 years have gone.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Had further snow here around 7.30-8.30pm. Left a light dusting on the cars and grass. :)

Posted

Who is this chief forecaster at the Met Office giving his assessments? Not to poo-poo that but lots of people on here could do a better job. The Chief forecaster is  often wrong as probably goes home for his tea and nice sleep.

• Like 1

Posted

What has become of the model thread eh? It's all about fancy things like the MJO and talking about three weeks ahead which never verifies. Complex speak for the sake of it. This is why I get upset. Let's try to get the forecast correct in a 5 day period before moving onto your MJO business. It's like polar wandering. Fancy tools.

• Like 1