Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
2 hours ago, bigsnow said:

im so sad... im actually stood staring out of my kitchen window look at my car windscreen to see the sleet splatting on it.... my lord im desperate... i think i need help..lol:fool:

Throw that damn towel in. Come on...you'll feel a lot better. You can always take up bubble chasing on a windy day if you still want to indulge in futile endeavours. This season just ain't doing it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

rain in northants was not suppose to get this till later today lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

no towel here.... i have had snow here in the 2nd week of April so wont stop looking till then... im sure i will have one snow event before then...

Posted

You can bet March will be bitterly cold but will be just warm enough never to get a snow event. Summer nowadays (and even spring warmth) is getting squeezed from both ends into a 2 day wonder (and they're on separate days!)

We'll see about tonight, but I'll not hold my breath :-p

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Haha if only it worked like that. Both me and thee will see no snow out of this, of that I can assure you :p

Well the cold air behind it has magically vanished, and it's now 5.2C with light rain.... Not much hope for tonight at this rate. 2015/16, the non-winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Miserable outside isn't it? Took the dog out and there is nothing good about this kind of weather, bring back the frost and sunshine!

• Like 1

Posted

it can stay as rain all the way now.... pointless turning to snow as the ground is so wet it wouldnt do anything of any worth.... right next fruitless snow chase coming up!!!

• Like 2

Posted

Our local BBC station now forecasting this as a all rain event for us, another non event that initially promised a lot a few days ago. I suppose at least we have seen lying snow in Nottingham albeit very brief a few weeks ago, feel for those who yet to even see a flake. Another so far poor winter from a cold & snow prospective and the clock is ticking 

Posted

Fear not Ian F's latest tweet will save us all.... evidence now for and extended below average period to end Feb into March.... YES MORE COLD RAIN...:drunk-emoji::yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A cold wet raw day here so far with some sleet this morning in the early hours. Maybe later as the colder nw flow kicks in we will see some back edge snow over high ground.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Gutted absolute rainfest, same here forecast all rain now no chance of it changing to snow later temps to warm and that cold air has made like a banana and split. BBC are a joke at less than 24 hours and they got it completely wrong. Bring on Spring.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Gutted absolute rainfest, same here forecast all rain now no chance of it changing to snow later temps to warm and that cold air has made like a banana and split. BBC are a joke at less than 24 hours and they got it completely wrong. Bring on Spring.

Has been very poor here today.. had about an hour of sleet and i thought maybe just maybe... but nope rain rain and more rain.. think in future for these marginal situations i shall just wait and see whats falls from the sky.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Truly disgusting here today: 4 or 5 °C and raining the whole way through. Absolutely nothing to recommend weather like this. The only tiny, tiny compensation is that the rain band is clearing through several hours faster than forecast, so there's a chance of a decent frost tonight and maybe a decent day tomorrow. Mind you, after all this rain that will mean ice everywhere tomorrow morning.

I really do think I would now nominate 2015/16 as the worst winter I can remember. It's going to have to produce something really special as a sting in the tail to change that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and warmth in summer Snow and ice in winter

Current Net weather Snow risk Maps :) Any chance do you reckon? Action seems to be between 18:00 and Midnight?

uksnowrisk.png

uksnowrisky.png

uksnowrisk3 0000.png

Edited by quest4peace

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and warmth in summer Snow and ice in winter

Roll on spring :) At least for the lighter Days... Although i am a snow lover, Maybe the north atlantic cold pool is not such a good thing, i think it's partly to blame to be honest.

Edited by quest4peace

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Iv just come up to the Lickey hills and yes it's sleet up here, nothing exciting but u just never no