Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

I see were right on the edge of the warning area again. That's Shrewsbury, always on the edge of everything, never in the sweet spot... Unless we get a March 2006 repeat of course. Maybe they should forecast rain then we would get snow.

Posted

0z Euro4 looked better than 06z.  Toward E Mids looks more favoured for our region.  Saying that, though Euro models mostly rain post-18z for more western areas, doubt it'll be that clear-cut.  Depends how quickly the dewpoint can fall back to 0C before precip subsides. 

Edited by weather09
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Met and BBC have no clue what is going to happen in the last 6 hours I have had rain, sleet, snow, back to sleet and met last update back to snow lol. They have no clue at present. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Heat

Same here, at first 6 hours of heavy snow for my area, now back to sleet. I'll give this a miss, already had a really bad experience of last week's downgrade:sorry:

Posted

The app and computer based forecasts with symbols are produced by computers based on computer models. I wouldn't take them too literally . Somewhere in the midlands will get some laying snow. I doubt it will be all that deep or long lasting through nice to see! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, sawan said:

Same here, at first 6 hours of heavy snow for my area, now back to sleet. I'll give this a miss, already had a really bad experience of last week's downgrade:sorry:

Same here we were sleet 5pm to 7pm heavy snow 7 till 10  then light snow from 11 to 9am in morning looked now and sleet lol.

Posted

Not liking the 12z they reduce the snow risk and push the snow line further East looks like London could be the sweet spot. But with all this chopping and changing who knows what will happen. Now cast if ever I have see one. Just got a feeling we will be unlucky on this one. But long term models are better so good and bad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Well im now expecting an all day sleet festival tomorrow.... you couldnt make it up really... by the morning we shall find out... the end of Feb and Start of March is starting to look good but then how many times has that happened this winter.... Day 10 looks good it always looks good it just never gets to T24...

Posted

Game over again by the looks of it. By the time it is cold enough for anything to turn to snow it will have cleared most of the Midlands by the looks of it. Just a load of cold rain, tomorrow. Yet another let down on the cards.

Posted

Well i wouldnt give up just yet.... the bbc has me down for a light rain shower right at this time but guess what its sleety with the odd flake mixed in and the grit lorry has just trundled thru the village....

• Like 1

Posted

All we need is a slight shift west and Shef also said anywhere in the midlands could see a few cm locally and high ground more, the East Midlands could have a period of snow. Let's hope it doesn't shift East anymore that would put us out of the game. :unsure2:

• Like 1

Posted

icy drizzley noisy precip falling here 3c dew 0c..... Oh well let it rain a bit and well see what tomorrow brings..... Im sure some peeps will have suprise snow and somewhere will get the sweetspot my bet is cumbrian fells and around.... Maybe some where in peak district.....

• Like 1

Posted

Definite ice/hail/graupel mixed in outside..... And had two house buyer reports done and both rentals are now nearly done and dusted... Anyone looking for rentals above 300m look me up in march..... 

Posted
3 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Definite ice/hail/graupel mixed in outside..... And had two house buyer reports done and both rentals are now nearly done and dusted... Anyone looking for rentals above 300m look me up in march..... 

could be of interest... what have you got for rent mate??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Heat

Rain arriving much quicker than initially thought, models struggling, might be under fatigue like most of us, lol.

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

could be of interest... what have you got for rent mate??

At the mo fully re-furnished 525-550 pm.... Both excellent two beds....un furnished but have parking.... In mossley one uptown one downtown.... Should be on market 21-25th march.... So good they are best in street....

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

At the mo fully re-furnished 525-550 pm.... Both excellent two beds....un furnished but have parking.... In mossley one uptown one downtown.... Should be on market 21-25th march.... So good they are best in street....

Ahh bugger i need 3/4 beds.. but will defo keep my ears open and if i hear of anybody needing 2 beds i will pass them onto you mate... thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

To give hope for tomorrow im jyst leaving Glasgow for flight to brum n getting sleety even tho it was forcast rain all nite up here !! 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, bigsnow said:

Ahh bugger i need 3/4 beds.. but will defo keep my ears open and if i hear of anybody needing 2 beds i will pass them onto you mate... thanks for the reply.

Cheers.... Prob for let from 1st march.... Will see.... Some good three beds up here atm to let.... Four beds.... Not seen many on the market..... Whats your rental range? 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Cheers.... Prob for let from 1st march.... Will see.... Some good three beds up here atm to let.... Four beds.... Not seen many on the market..... Whats your rental range? 

3 bed £650-£700. 4 beds £750-£900.... not sure if the boss lady would tolerate another move but im sure if i told the kids it would mean more snow they would push her to agree.... its amazing what we will do for snow.... would have to check out the schools tho as eldest son is Autistic and he has only ever been to the school he is in now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, bigsnow said:

3 bed £650-£700. 4 beds £750-£900.... not sure if the boss lady would tolerate another move but im sure if i told the kids it would mean more snow they would push her to agree.... its amazing what we will do for snow.... would have to check out the schools tho as eldest son is Autistic and he has only ever been to the school he is in now...

Your elevation not good enough? don't blame you though for wanting to move higher, 200m not great, real snow elevation is 300+

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Your elevation not good enough? don't blame you though for wanting to move higher, 200m not great, real snow elevation is 300+

I will do anything i can to improve the chances.... ive already told the wife that when the kids are old enough to bugger off we are moving to Wanlockhead in Scotland... it snows there pretty much all winter.... and just to be sure ive guaranteed my self a white xmas 2016... we are spending it in Lapland... but knowing my luck it will be the coldest xmas in the UK for 50 years....lol

• Like 1

Posted

Rental market up here is pretty quick..... Have really good tenants that love two of our rentals.... Done them up ourselves......  Both have great view over hills.... Next two have good schools and views across the hills....  Do viewings ourselves (and graft on houses)....looking do get a few holiday lets in the next year..... 

• Like 1