Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Feb 1991 even delivered to Worcestershire -- 20cm in this neck of the woods, which beats anything we got in 2010. The only time that depth has really been beaten in my lifetime (and it was before I lived in Bewdley anyway!) was the Jan 1982 blizzard.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

In that case i say bring on the beast and let us all have a ruddy good snow party... would love for something big to happen so we can all have some snow fun.. this thread would be so so so good if we had a major outbreak.... i wasnt here for 09/10 etc so feel rather cheated... was here for March 2013 but that was even a bust for some if memory serves me well....i think we all deserve something very special....

Posted

Yet more rain here :angry: what a waste of good precipitation!

I can feel a Jim Royal exclamation coming on; cold spell...

• Like 1

Posted

Well the BBC has me down for 3-4 hours of heavy snow over night.... funny coz it has me down for light snow right now.... i can confirm that the snow is so light i cant even see any falling from the sky....

Posted

Well i asked this in the MOD and got reply so im going to put it up in here any advice/ response would be most appreciated....!!!!   is there a particular pattern that the models deal with better?? im guessing they deal with Zonal (horrible word) best as that is our default weather type.. im thinking more Northerly or easterly etc?? i know its a busy time period in here but was just thinking will we see another week of model mayhem from a different type of set up ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
2 hours ago, Bishop Brennan said:

Feb '91 was pure Snowmageddon round these parts, the second absolutely massive fall of snow that particular winter. A vintage easterly.

Bish 

Maybe that was the snow I remember as a kid. I would only have been 3 years old at that point but I have this memory that has stayed with me throughout the years. I can remember getting in a taxi with my mum, driving around 200 yards and getting stuck in deep snow at the end of the road! Must have been about 15-20cm on the road from what I can remember. Leicester normally does alright from a good Easterly.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Facebook has lovingly pointed out that 3 years ago today; whilst driving through Rushall from Aldridge i slid into the back of another car at the traffic lights by McDonalds due to a massive dumping of snow! 

Those were the days! 

Posted

Well, all the snow is now melted, so it's back to 100% boring weather for a while.

There are rumblings in the stars thought, that we may get a juicier bite of the cherry before long, I have faith this time, it just feels right

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, cyclonic happiness said:

Well, all the snow is now melted, so it's back to 100% boring weather for a while.

There are rumblings in the stars thought, that we may get a juicier bite of the cherry before long, I have faith this time, it just feels right

Ay back to normal, looks a washout here again, the Atlantic broke through last night, usual again dry tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The same depth of snow this morning as yesterday morning.

The difference is that yesterday's snow was fresh, dry and powdery and today's looks old, tired and damp.

Posted

Well after moaning on Friday about not seeing a single flake yet, the weather gave us over in Nottingham a pleasant surprise Saturday night, woke up to probably 3-4 cms of lying snow, not a lot but enough to build a snowman & have fun with the kids. Had to to get up early to enjoy it though as mostly gone by the afternoon. Today all that is left is the piles of snow from melted snowmen.

Just goes to show how the weather can spring a surprise, Saturday morning the weatherman on our local station was saying we would miss out with the snow getting no further east than Birmingham at best, by Saturday night he was proved wrong. Looking at the models every chance we will briefly go mild but I think something is brewing for next week for another attack from the Cold. Feel for those not yet to see anything snow wise but the game is far from over for this winter yet, plenty of opportunity still remains

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
13 hours ago, andy_leics22 said:

Maybe that was the snow I remember as a kid. I would only have been 3 years old at that point but I have this memory that has stayed with me throughout the years. I can remember getting in a taxi with my mum, driving around 200 yards and getting stuck in deep snow at the end of the road! Must have been about 15-20cm on the road from what I can remember. Leicester normally does alright from a good Easterly.

would you  say that the best type of set up would be the same for most of the the East Midland re Northamaptonshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.

Not a bad little cold spell some nice crisp days and frost (more still to come) and then a day or so of laying snow, got to take my 2 year old sledging at the same spot I first went during the 87 cold spell when I was 3 special memories! Not an epic cold spell but better than that abortion of a late autumn/early winter we had to suffer during November and December!

Looks like we wont have to long to wait for the next round, bring it on!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
1 hour ago, pegg24 said:

would you  say that the best type of set up would be the same for most of the the East Midland re Northamaptonshire

Yeah I would say so. A battleground scenario or a potent Easterly are normally the best setups for the East Midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
2 hours ago, The Wolf said:

Huge let down here, this supposed cold spell.

That's putting it mildly: a dusting that melted by lunchtime would be a huge improvement on what we've had here so far! Still, I'm just taking things as they come now. Hoping for clearing skies and a frost tonight, then some sunshine tomorrow. (Though the odds are the cloud will refuse to budge for hours on end as per usual...) Staying calm about things is still working for me. :)

Posted

BBC weather has my area at 1 degrees maximum for both Tuesday and Wednesday. Coldest days of the winter for me then if true. Better make the most of it before the mild air comes back in at the weekend....

Posted

GFS 12Z looks good, to me very little rain, perhaps hiccup on friday, but before and after then into early Feb, dry with anticylonic gloom, settle for that over rain

• Like 1

Posted

will today has been another gloomy day   getting to the point now that i dont mind even if its mlid  just want to see the sun

Edited by weirpig

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Re the above...

As soon as it went dark,............ the moon came out.

Temperature dropping rapidly at the moment. Currently down to -0,9C with dew point at -3.0C

Looks like coldest night of this winter so far  could be coming up.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
33 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Re the above...

As soon as it went dark,............ the moon came out.

Temperature dropping rapidly at the moment. Currently down to -0,9C with dew point at -3.0C

Looks like coldest night of this winter so far  could be coming up.

MIA

not here, still full cloud balmy 2.5C