Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Full on SNOW here..... big flakes starting to appear im happy that ive seen snow falling..... now can we get it sticking??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, Turnedoutniceagain said:

Winter's over.....etc etc

It's not over....but the clock is well and truly ticking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers
Just now, bigsnow said:

Full on SNOW here..... big flakes starting to appear im happy that ive seen snow falling..... now can we get it sticking??

Starting to get its act together here too.Just beginning to settle.Could be a good night.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Feels mild out there now compared to this morning. Roll on Spring and high pressure in April. Bound to happen. I swear our climate is becoming more bland. 

The saving grace is that I am off to Scandinavia on holiday in 3 weeks and going up to Swedish Lapland where it will be snow galore!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
1 minute ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Feels mild out there now compared to this morning. Roll on Spring and high pressure in April. Bound to happen. I swear our climate is becoming more bland. 

The saving grace is that I am off to Scandinavia on holiday in 3 weeks and going up to Swedish Lapland where it will be snow galore!!! 

Enjoy it.... i booked Finish Lapland for this coming xmas We fly out on 22nd and come back on 26th so a proper white xmas for us this year....we will have 4 days of minus 20 and snow its the best thing i can think of for my kids to see real proper snow...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

What frustrates me is that there was a suggestion yesterday that if were willing to forgo a snow event tonight, we would be left in a much better position on Monday for snow. Now it seems we will get neither and that is just plain cruel!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and more snow.

What really gets my goat about all this is the kiss of death Yellow Meto warning.....everytime we get one here in Warwickshire it is always wrong, (usually 50-100 Miles North and East) these past 3 winters.....even in 2013 I think we were just outside the edge of the warning and got relatively battered with Snow (7.5cms). So it seems if you get a yellow down here then you may as well forget it.......Curry was good though and Wine taste great!

• Like 3

Posted

What is happening tomoz nite. In Wales thread some seem to think it's snow tomoz nite till tuesday. But noone really mentioned it.  Plus euro4 doesn't Seem to back any of this up

Posted

i'm drinking a bottle of wine too, I'll have to drown my sorrows, seeing as I won't be able to bury them in snow :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
6 minutes ago, Bolton67 said:

Anything happening in the Northampton area??

I am in corby northants nothing at moment

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Radar has been showing sleet here for over an hour but there has not been any precipitation yet. It does appear the line of snow is further east than predicted, which is not good for IMBY. Unless it starts to take a more direct N to S track.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
11 minutes ago, Bolton67 said:

Anything happening in the Northampton area??

well i spotted one or two small flakes a few minutes ago but nothing dramatic.....yet

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
5 minutes ago, Matty23 said:

What is happening tomoz nite. In Wales thread some seem to think it's snow tomoz nite till tuesday. But noone really mentioned it.  Plus euro4 doesn't Seem to back any of this up

having lived in wales i think this is more wishful thinking than reality im afraid

Posted

Bit of sleet/wet snow starting to fall here. A bit surprising given an hour ago there was a good air frost starting up. Car was all iced up.

Posted

I love how everyone says get the cold in first then worry about the snow. Well the colds here and guess what it's pi##ing down with rain here. I personally look forward to a breakdown from the west/sw  as it's the only time I get to see snow here and that's even marginal most of the time  

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

What frustrates me is that there was a suggestion yesterday that if were willing to forgo a snow event tonight, we would be left in a much better position on Monday for snow. Now it seems we will get neither and that is just plain cruel!

We had already forgone a beautiful frosty night to get snow.

Time to send the heavies round to Mother Nature's house I think. This was not in the deal!

Edited by Gord
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

It's so borderline for lying snowfall across the region.It looks as if the main area of precip over the NW of England is heading towards the region and then on further south east later in the night so still some more to come by the looks.

The less cold Atlantic air with slightly higher dewpoints is coming against the colder Arctic air right down the centre of the region-see the windflow/850hPa charts- so it really is a tricky forecast for snowfall.

Charts are courtesy of NW Xtra short range model for 21hrs.

1.thumb.png.e3ee22ed8323cba56285273fe3fd2.thumb.png.2ab088ee18fa728665920b4827d03.thumb.png.b096cfcbc054997a6779c1fe73f5

As ever it's case of radar and then lampost watching.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, phil nw. said:

It's so borderline for lying snowfall across the region.It looks as if the main area of precip over the NW of England is heading towards the region and then on further south east later in the night so still some more to come by the looks.

The less cold Atlantic air with slightly higher dewpoints is coming against the colder Arctic air right down the centre of the region-see the windflow/850hPa charts- so it really is a tricky forecast for snowfall.

Charts are courtesy of NW Xtra short range model for 21hrs.

1.thumb.png.e3ee22ed8323cba56285273fe3fd2.thumb.png.2ab088ee18fa728665920b4827d03.thumb.png.b096cfcbc054997a6779c1fe73f5

As ever it's case of radar and then lampost watching.

What temp do u need for snow to fall I thort it was -4 and lower