Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Shock horror another shift east, load of rubbish, rain rain rain everything as usual to far east..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Met changed back to heavy snow for Birmingham tonight after light rain for an hour. It was showing rain. I think they are guessing but if they have changed this close to the event then they have moved the snow line a touch west. I still think this is going to be similar to Wednesday and Thursday.  

Posted

Drizzly rain here too, was sleet 10 minutes ago so shows we are just on the margins of rain and snow. The temps should lower as we get into this evening so should turn more wintry as the heavier stuff comes down to our region

Posted

Temps dropping now finally, and quite quickly to, Skys are clear atm so is probably why. 2.7c, DP -2. Should see something falling in about 1/2hours time

Posted

Started snowing about 15-20 minutes ago here. Was sleety rain in Newcastle, might have changed since then.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Drizzly rain here too, was sleet 10 minutes ago so shows we are just on the margins of rain and snow. The temps should lower as we get into this evening so should turn more wintry as the heavier stuff comes down to our region

Yh that's what the met shows it turning at around 9pm but to my eyes the ppn is really struggling 

Edited by snowangel32
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Drizzly wet patchy sleet poo, think it will be snow if it gets heavier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Rain here. Everything is so much further east. Looks like barely anything will reach here now.

Posted
6 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Yh that's what the me shows it turning at around 9pm but to my eyes the ppn is really struggling 

Yeah it looks very patchy at the minute.  I'm starting to think that a covering at best Is the best we can hope for. The heavy stuff should be arriving by about 7pm ish. If it is still raining by then I'll just about give up with this so called "snow event" 

• Like 1

Posted

Still completely dry here, although cloud has moved in from the North over the past hour or two. Temp is currently 2.7°C with a dp of -0.8°C

Bish

Posted
Just now, Kieran said:

Yeah it looks very patchy at the minute.  I'm starting to think that a covering at best Is the best we can hope for. The heavy stuff should be arriving by about 7pm ish. If it is still raining by then I'll just about give up with this so called "snow event" 

It'll be another failed snow event, just like every other year :D

But I need to travel on my motorbike tomorrow, so it can do what it likes

Posted

This has the same feel as events last winter. The north has the colder conditions so has the snow while we get the rain. However, might be 2 bitter pills to swallow his time as east of here might get better conditions too. The luck that the Black Country got during winters 2009-2013 looks like it has well gone.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Gord said:

This has the same feel as events last winter. The north has the colder conditions so has the snow while we get the rain. However, might be 2 bitter pills to swallow his time as east of here might get better conditions too. The luck that the Black Country got during winters 2009-2013 looks like it has well gone.

Our climate sucks and I don't mean just for the midlands area. The weather the UK generally gets is horrible: Cool wet summers with mild wet winters. That's about the worst combination you can get....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Bish...

Just started to rain with blobby spots on car windscreen.

Temp 3.0C and falling. Dewpoint at -1.7C so should turn to snow!!!

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Yh dry here now, according to the met its raining lol but no it's completely dry temps dropping rapidly but apart from the Peak District I think the best rest can hope for is a few cms on higher ground snow line looks Birmingham East but even further east it will start as rain and sleet hopefully turning around 9pm it's moving rapidly also

Light Rain Birmingham Now. Wasnt Expecting Snow Falling Here After Seeing The Front Much Further East In The Morning Aswell As The Euro4 Model. Hopefully Some For North/Northeast/East Of Here With Lower Dew Points And Potential Prec Coming Down From North. Enjoy Something At The Very Least. #Better Than Cold Rain. ;-)

Posted
4 minutes ago, The Wolf said:

Gutted. Looks like it is game over for West Midlands. A drizzly, horrible mess.

lol give it a chance, Wolfie. It's not even dark yet!

Bish

• Like 3

Posted

Hello everyone.

Liking the tension! Its ace.

Will it wont it? We will all know in a few more hours, meanwhile here's the current 850 air temp:

upper 850.JPG

• Like 1