Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Met has me down for 6 hours of snow can't see that happening but can see a nice covering. Hope all midlanders get some.

Edited by snowangel32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
6 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

We still look too far east, best places for this is Shropshire/Herefordshire

Yes, I fancy this too from all charts and forecasts I have seen. Sure things change late in the game and we may get lucky. I doubt it though. 

To be honest, I'm hoping we get the atlantic back in next week and then look at GP's torpedo at the end of the month. All long term charts are suggesting a mid-atlantic ridge up into Greeland for February. Let's hope this is true. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, PolarWarsaw said:

Yes, I fancy this too from all charts and forecasts I have seen. Sure things change late in the game and we may get lucky. I doubt it though. 

To be honest, I'm hoping we get the atlantic back in next week and then look at GP's torpedo at the end of the month. All long term charts are suggesting a mid-atlantic ridge up into Greeland for February. Let's hope this is true. 

I don't want the Atlantic back, torpedo/greenie ridges miles too FI and uncertain, I mean it's not guaranteed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Decided to come out of hibernation for what could be the start of an interesting period of cold weather!

Tonight i think some parts of the region could see upto 5-10cms tonight- not exclusive to just the west of the region either.

In relation to the ever changing models- I would like to go with the UKMO because it has been consistent with its outputs but this hurricane is really going to cause problems until the track is firmed up.

Many cold days to come, now wouldn't it be nice to have some snow to go without it..

Radar and lamppost watching it is! 

Posted

A nice surprise snow shower now giving the first proper dusting to covering of the year.

Coldest day of the winter today at 2.4c

• Like 1

Posted

Just need a little tweak on steering winds, as ppn coming in off the irish sea would settle in to Chesh Gap, so close, yet so far!

hiradarzoomv42.pl.png

Edited by LeeKay
typ

Posted
1 minute ago, Aaki Khan said:

12z Euro Moves It Slightly More East Compared To The 06Z. More Of West Midlands.

16011500_1412.gif

That makes it worse for me! I can already tell it's going to be one of those nights where I can see the clouds in the distance full of the white stuff, meanwhile it's bloody dry here. Come tomorrow I'll have to sit through pictures of places I could drive too within 10 minutes covered in snow!

Posted
7 minutes ago, LeeKay said:

Just need a little tweak on steering winds, as ppn coming in off the irish sea would settle in to Chesh Gap, so close, yet so far!

hiradarzoomv42.pl.png

Stuff by liverpool looks a bit further East, maybe a flurry? 

Posted

Don't think northamptonshire going to get anything looks like we are two West in east anglian region as it's all near Cambridge and to the east. And then to east in this region lol. Typical.:wallbash:

11 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Stuff by liverpool looks a bit further East, maybe a flurry? 

It does look as though the shower activity is picking up towards the gap and also more NW component. Forecasted around midnight in the area .

Edited by Aaki Khan
rephrase

Posted

Those showers out towards the west of Liverpool look slightly interesting, following their current path it looks at least a small chance they are heading towards more parts of the midlands? Of course, whether they maintain any intensity is another question.

Posted

temp though dosen't seem to want to dig down, -0.1C now, but of course when cloud moves in it will rise, seems pathetic for arctic air in mid Jan just 0 degrees, more like November really

Posted

Yes 252, they have pepped up a bit on last few frames since i posted. Bearing into the stoke area on a 45° angle, that would be good enough for a dusting down here, if it dont fizzle, saying that the ppn has gone through snowdonia with no problems!

hiradarzoomv42.pl1.png

Edited by LeeKay
added rain radar

Posted
4 minutes ago, LeeKay said:

Yes 252, they have pepped up a bit on last few frames since i posted. Bearing into the stoke area on a 45° angle, that would be good enough for a dusting down here, if it dont fizzle, saying that the ppn has gone through snowdonia with no problems!

hiradarzoomv42.pl1.png

does look good, very intense, will fizzle a bit but looks on good track, precip type though the uncertainty

Posted

Oh looks like I was wrong about wind direction after all, this batch looks set to pass east of here now weirdly!

Posted

Yes bit of a mixed bag. if you can make out the image precip 'type' turned on for my last radar.

hiradarzoomv42.pl3.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Still 2 °C here, but Dave Throup of the EA just posted this on Twitter. None of the current showers are on a collision course for me, but hopefully parts of Shropshire etc could do well. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Looks like ppn is heading towards brum expect it to be snow current track would get it here around 10 with more showers coming in the early hours. 

Also so looks like the Cheshire gap is producing more showers than predicted could be an interesting night in some places.

Edited by snowangel32
  • Like 2

Posted

Moving quite fast too. 850hpa -6c

uat.JPG

• Like 1