Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Surely this is a very good setup for snow for our region? what do you reckon DWW? damn me if we fail a covering of snow early on Friday through the cheshire gap, looks perfect! snowfest of course for our hilly members Will etc

Netweather GFS Image

• Like 1

Posted

Hello. I drove back home tonight from Wednesfield, on the lanes exposed there was a bit of sleet on the windscreen around 4:25pm Car temp showing 2.5°C

As for tomorrow i got a tough one ahead, my Dad's funeral. For a weather fan of all sorts i just hope at midday till 1pm will be, well you know..

Models are all over the place for the region as you know, best thing is the now casting! Love it & the reports from the all of you here.

Posted

Absolute washout here since 4:30pm and it's now turned to sleet and down to 2.7c

First 'wintry' precipitation of the winter here.

Posted
3 minutes ago, conor123 said:

Absolute washout here since 4:30pm and it's now turned to sleet and down to 2.7c

First 'wintry' precipitation of the winter here.

Yaaay good for you conor !!

BBC becoming a bit more bullish about snow potential over the next couple days too :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
52 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Surely this is a very good setup for snow for our region? what do you reckon DWW? damn me if we fail a covering of snow early on Friday through the cheshire gap, looks perfect! snowfest of course for our hilly members Will etc

Netweather GFS Image

Hang on one moment I'll get my crystal snow-ball, um.... oh yes~! it shows potential for snow showers coming down from your 'fav gap'

HI-RES shows just what's in my crystal snow-ball :D

arpegeuk-1-70-0.png?12-17

I would be happy for this forecast on (N/W 7 DAY FORECAST) Friday morning, Solihull 80% snow risk.... BANK!

Capture.thumb.PNG.1d8813d6a87b9f4a73e969

All just for fun at the moment, still doesn't stop me looking at every model run though :whistling:.

*COME ON YOU MODELS*

Image result for Picture with signs saying upgrades wanted:laugh:

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

Edit: Stopped here completely 5 mins after turned to sleet after 4 hours of driving rain, sods law aha!

Posted

Peeing it down here now, with plenty to come. The weather must be trying to get all the precipitation through here before the uppers get low enough to turn it to snow lol

• Like 1

Posted

Ooooh at it again, torrential sleet and hail now, absolutely hammering it down! back up at 3.4c though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
On 13 December 2015 at 4:06 PM, Midlands Ice Age said:

Rain looks sleety here currently.

Posted

Interesting drive back from Wolverhampton just now. Was just turning to sleet in Wolverhampton as I left. Then, through the highest part of the route through the centre of Sedgley, it was very much more snow than rain...some big flakes too. Then back to sleet here in Upper Gornal. We're not much lower than Sedgley here so shows just how close it is!

Edited by Gord
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Rain seems a little sleety here currently. 

Posted

Nice zone of heavier ppn moving down from Cheshire/Shropshire currently towards here. Might be heavy enough for some more meaningful sleet. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Rain looks sleety here now.

Looking at the windows, the raindrops are creating ! shapes instead of 'I' or blobs. I think it may be a bit of hail, but the temp is now falling steadily.

Now down to 3.1C with cloudy skies and strongish winds.

Have been on MOD threads all evening and missed what was happening here! Silly me.:sorry:

Looks like the models are going for an 'undercut' - GFS out soon to confirm. I hope!

So we could all be in heaven if things work out for us correctly as an undercut normally will dump on us!

:cold::cold::yahoo::D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
10 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Rain looks sleety here now.

Looking at the windows, the raindrops are creating ! shapes instead of 'I' or blobs. I think it may be a bit of hail, but the temp is now falling steadily.

Now down to 3.1C with cloudy skies and strongish winds.

Have been on MOD threads all evening and missed what was happening here! Silly me.:sorry:

Looks like the models are going for an 'undercut' - GFS out soon to confirm. I hope!

So we could all be in heaven if things work out for us correctly as an undercut normally will dump on us!

:cold::cold::yahoo::D

Undercut, slider what ever you want to call it....Snow Heaven is a good choice of words for it :good:

Good UKMO & ECM today.

Now if the GFS can hear me

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9ELsPYRemPyPOccGd_e6

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow and more snow hate the summer !!

Hey I guess it's that time of year for lampost watching and net forums welcome back me and hello all 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Unsurprisingly, nothing other than cold rain down here in the lowlands. Currently dry and 2.8 °C, which is the lowest it's been all night. Still, encouraging to read reports of more wintry ppn from the Black Country guys. All eyes on Thursday now, though, I reckon: a bit of Cheshire Gap action doesn't seem out of the question for some favoured folk around here. :)

Posted
6 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Netweather GFS Image

Ive asked my neighbour to send any snow pics to us on facebook.... In california at the moment.... So youll probably have a snowfest as im outta the country....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

There was some definite sleet in the air today bodes well for the rest of the week we just need ppn. Met says snow on Thursday and Friday, bbc UK forecast shows rain, local weather our Shef shows snow to higher ground but chance for low levels, Anyone else confused. It's going to be that good old Lamp post watch. 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Some heavy sleet showers blowing through here.

Temp 1.3c

Dp 0.2c

Wind Chill -1.6c 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Snow showers here at the moment; enough to turn the roofs and grass white.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

And so my Peak District envy begins..... Sigh

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The first thin snow cover of winter ( as opposed to Autumn) this morning with 0.5cm of frozen snow lying above 280 m or so.

Some lethally icy paths too. Why aren't the soles of walking boots made of the same material as those of  wellingtons or work boots? No problem walking about in the latter but I did a reasonable impression of Bambi on ice when I made the mistake of going out in my walking boots earlier.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes a very thin covering here to, I know exactly what you mean TM the rubber is much harder on walking boots.. Gets the old ticker going if nowt else! I find Mucka boots that horse'y folk use are the best in snow and ice as they have very soft soles.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Well if we could achieve a little bit of sleet last night, I'm hopeful of at least some more wintriness tonight. Nothing to get too excited about but maybe a few genuine snowflakes mixed in.