Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
9 hours ago, bigsnow said:

Things starting to liven up on the model output thread.... Fergieweather dropping hints that the met are seeing a cold spell not snap... some fantastic charts to look at... im starting to get that funny feeling in my tummy ( maybe the Vindalooo bursting point with the excitement that could be just round the corner....:cold:

Big Snow,

Keep it under your jumper! Dont go telling the wife yet it Is fatal! :cc_confused:  :cc_confused: 

Dull again here this morning. Temp of 6.2C

MIA

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
2 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Big Snow,

Keep it under your jumper! Dont go telling the wife yet it Is fatal! :cc_confused:  :cc_confused: 

Dull again here this morning. Temp of 6.2C

MIA

Im not telling anybody until its at T48....maybe even later.... the models toying with solutions this morning but im sure something is on the way it may be short lived but could well be the start of whats to come.........

Dull foggy and temp 6c here... it feels a lot colder tho due to how mild its been...

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

I've have told Mrs M..:spiteful:

I cant wait for some cold dry weather with some fleeting snow showers and hard frost's. It's been a long wait!

Currently; Overcast with light showers, Temp 6.8c. Rain 5.2mm and a light S/W Avg 1.5mph

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The first sunshine of 2016 today; just over an hour of it so far.

Posted

Same here TM and PM.

Been a couple of hours now. No wind and the temp responding a bit now upto 9.5C.

Could be the last time for awhile after looking at the MOD thread.:cold::cold::D

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted

So, the cold spell is more or less on. We've just got to see how many imaginative ways the snow will find to avoid our patch :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
3 hours ago, cyclonic happiness said:

So, the cold spell is more or less on. We've just got to see how many imaginative ways the snow will find to avoid our patch :D

My God I've had to drag myself away from the MOD thread :gathering:

Wintry delights on offers in around weeks times.... One word for them charts......EPIC!!!  

Well lets get the TEMPS  Freezing And regarding SNOW let's just see !          

tumblr_nfjlxiKuGS1t1nar6o1_500.gif.5f05b                                                                                                                                       tumblr_nfjlxiKuGS1t1nar6o1_500.gif.5f05btumblr_nfjlxiKuGS1t1nar6o1_500.gif.5f05btumblr_nfjlxiKuGS1t1nar6o1_500.gif.5f05b

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted

OMG What a set of 12z runs today.... i had to go and have a lay down after that... very December 2010 esq... if those charts get anywhere near to being correct i dont think we will be worrying about warm sectors or snowshields... it will be more like worrying about snow shovels and sledges.... got to be close to epic winter weather and with a massive warming in the strat looking like taking place toward end Jan could we really be on the cusp of something very very special... The wife just asked whats the weather doing my reply... "Nothing much really" i aint telling anybody...YET!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Yes, when you tell someone, that's it tits up! but I did tell someone (whose son lives in Buxton) that he will see snow next week, but a suppose that's different, Buxton is guaranteed snow next week now, looking at 12Z's

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

Went for a lovely sunny cycle ride today and hardly a breath of wind unusual with air pressure at 996hpa! 

Posted
Just now, phil b said:

Went for a lovely sunny cycle ride today and hardly a breath of wind unusual with air pressure at 996hpa! 

yeah, because we were right in the middle of the low

Posted
13 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

OMG What a set of 12z runs today.... i had to go and have a lay down after that... very December 2010 esq... if those charts get anywhere near to being correct i dont think we will be worrying about warm sectors or snowshields... it will be more like worrying about snow shovels and sledges.... got to be close to epic winter weather and with a massive warming in the strat looking like taking place toward end Jan could we really be on the cusp of something very very special... The wife just asked whats the weather doing my reply... "Nothing much really" i aint telling anybody...YET!!

Shhhh....

Remember to keep it under your hat!:hi:

I too have spent most of the day on the MOD.:cold::cold:

It is looking like something good could be brewing..

You might even have to start thinking about getting in provisions if its still in place at the weekend.

Well you wanted to move to the Pennines:rofl::cc_confused::D

MIA

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Shhhh....

You might even have to start thinking about getting in provisions if its still in place at the weekend.

MIA

Ive already got the 2nd freezer in the garage stocked up to the top.. i have lots of JD and vodka  and wine left over from xmas due to ill health so i say let the games begin.. im good to go for about a month or so before i would need supplies air lifted in.... as long as can get to my tattooist this weekend for my next 4 hour sitting then the weather can do what it wants to do... BRING IT ON....

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Shhhh....

MIA

Shhhh and me :whistling: would you believe I'm just having my tea now.....What am i like hey :D

EDIT,  Mmmmm  'BigSnow' tried (Honey JD).....Very Nice :drunk-emoji:

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Shhhh and me :whistling: would you believe I'm just having my tea now.....What am i like hey :D

EDIT,  Mmmmm  'BigSnow' tried (Honey JD).....Very Nice :drunk-emoji:

Nope ive not... i did stop and look at that last week, but i hate honey so gave it a miss...lol but heck if i get snowed in for a month and its the only thing left in the shop i might just be tempted...lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)
23 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

Ive already got the 2nd freezer in the garage stocked up to the top.. i have lots of JD and vodka  and wine left over from xmas due to ill health so i say let the games begin.. im good to go for about a month or so before i would need supplies air lifted in.... as long as can get to my tattooist this weekend for my next 4 hour sitting then the weather can do what it wants to do... BRING IT ON....

I am currently planning my next tattoo but this time mine won't be a biggie (already had 7 hours work on my ribs) this is going to be a snowflake so needs to be small but perfectly formed ! Been looking at designs for the last few weeks. Hopefully next week will give me plenty of real ones to get inspiration from ❄️

Bring on that snow 

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Snowsie said:

I am currently planning my next tattoo but this time mine won't be a biggie (already had 7 hours work on my ribs) this is going to be a snowflake so needs to be small but perfectly formed ! Been looking at designs for the last few weeks. Hopefully next week will give me plenty of real ones to get inspiration from ❄️

Bring on that snow 

I currently have 2 full sleeves and a full back piece the back piece was done by a different artist to the one i use now and im having that reworked and added too... then its Chest and then onto full leg sleeves i think....  next week should give you plenty of ideas what a snowflake tattoo will look like... maybe design one yourself then it will be a one off just like a real snowflake...

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, Snowsie said:

Bring on that snow 

Never thought of having a tattoo of any kind! But what a great idea.....SNOW FLAKE :good:

• Like 1

Posted

This mornings ECM WOULD HAVE MOST OF US IN HERE BURIED FOR WEEKS.....

Posted
26 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

This mornings ECM WOULD HAVE MOST OF US IN HERE BURIED FOR WEEKS.....

peak district agree with yeah, but low levels? who knows, all FI anyway, looks messy on all models though, northerly seems to be easing away, replaced by shortwaves etc

Posted
24 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

peak district agree with yeah, but low levels? who knows, all FI anyway, looks messy on all models though, northerly seems to be easing away, replaced by shortwaves etc

We can but hope... but i got a funny feeling we will all see some wonderful white stuff in the next 2 weeks... keep the faith

Posted

Light rain here with low cloud and Fog, Temp 5.6c Rain 14.2mm, Ready for some 'severe' cold and raging blizzards.. Fingers crossed :)

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Polar Maritime said:

Light rain here with low cloud and Fog, Temp 5.6c Rain 14.2mm, Ready for some 'severe' cold and raging blizzards.. Fingers crossed :)

Darn right im ready PM....  reading Tamra's post just now in the MOD had me doing a little fist pump and a yes.... im sure nobody else heard it... its been nearly 3 years since we had any proper snow... i know we had some last winter but it was not spectacular so im really hoping this upcoming spell really delivers and not just for us at altitude i want everybody in the Midlands thread to enjoy some stonking cold and snow.... bring it on...

• Like 1

Posted

A cooler blustery day here with gusts touching 45mph and some sharp showers rattling through. 

Temp 5c, WC 2.1c, Dp 2.5c, Rain 15.4mm

Edited by Polar Maritime