Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

William Grimsley

When Do You Think It's Appropriate To Start Listening To Christmas Songs?

When do you think it's appropriate to start listening to Christmas songs? I started back in September for something more cheerful to listen to. Do you think this is too early or normal?

When do you think it's appropriate to start listening to Christmas songs? I started back in September for something more cheerful to listen to. Do you think this is too early or normal?

Christmas songs are like Sam Smith songs, utter cack, therefore there is no appropriate time to listen to that s***e :diablo: MERRY CHRISTMAS GRIMSLEY :diablo: 

you can listen to what you want when you what as far as I am concerned..should be when is it appropriate for shops etc to start with the Chrimbo tunes?

September? Blimey. Start of December at the very earliest.

I really don't like how Christmas is forced on you by October, it makes you sick of it by the time it actually is Christmas.

I'm with lassie23 on this i.e. never. I loathe the point of the year when the wife gets the same old Xmas CDs out, although at least she doesn't usually do it until there's less than a week to go.

You can listen to Christmas songs whenever you like!! But I don't like hearing them on the radio etc until December at the earliest. 

Just had a thought, what is it about Xmas that makes you listen to songs that, if you're totally honest, you'd never listen to at any other point of the year, because frankly they suck?

Listening to Christmas songs in September is definitely not normal.

Just had a thought, what is it about Xmas that makes you listen to songs that, if you're totally honest, you'd never listen to at any other point of the year, because frankly they suck?

Probably because they're associated with good memories for many.

When you're alone in a sound proof room!

When you're alone in a sound proof room!

Or wearing earplugs.

Started at home on 1st Nov, with smooth xmas radio, introduced to me by Dancerwithwings last year

in shops/public though probably Dec 1st

Next Christmas have 1 year break.
As long as one direction don`t release a Christmas song,there songs are so one dimensional no pun intended. :D

If anyone wants to listen to them 24/7 one of the smooth stations has re branded as smooth Xmas on DAB

http://www.smoothradio.com/christmas/radio/player/

Yes that's smooth extra (sky 0146) or as you say on DAB, became smooth Xmas on 14th Nov, the one I listen to is online only smooth christmas radio, yes it is on all year round, but would never listen before november, or after new years eve

0r MTV (sky 355) VH1 (sky 356) magic (sky 363) but adverts dreadful

Thanks for the feedback guys, again I try not to listen too early. But, the temptation is too hard to resist but at least it's a good adiction not like other things... Anyway, thanks for the links re: christmas songs 24/7 could need that soon!

Next weekend when Christmas comes to the Dami house of fun.  :yahoo:

I hate the way the Xmas build up starts before Hallowee'n even. In fact Hallowee'en is too early. Working with primary school kids I've no choice but to hear Xmas songs from mid October as we start rehearsing for Carols, etc. But at home I'm going to get my stuff down from the loft, sort through and MAYBE start getting ready gradually next week onwards. I'll do as much shopping online to avoid being piped 'Last Xmas' on an endless loop

I was down in Plymouth at the weekend and we walked past a pub that was fullt decorated, had a full choir singing carols and a snow machine pumping out snow! Very festive, but Plymouth, you've peaked too soon!!

I don't know what's worse at work, having Xmas music from the 1st of Dec until Xmas, or having whining, whinging customers moaning on about the Xmas music...."You're in here twice a week, for thirty minutes each time...what are you complaining for ya moron" is not what I get to say, unfortunately.

MrsC started playing Xmas music and watching Xmas movies about a fortnight ago, but I'll forgive her again this year as she used to be a Jehovah's Witness so she grew up without all the joys (?) of Xmas time.

I don't know what's worse at work, having Xmas music from the 1st of Dec until Xmas, or having whining, whinging customers moaning on about the Xmas music...."You're in here twice a week, for thirty minutes each time...what are you complaining for ya moron" is not what I get to say, unfortunately.

MrsC started playing Xmas music and watching Xmas movies about a fortnight ago, but I'll forgive her again this year as she used to be a Jehovah's Witness so she grew up without all the joys (?) of Xmas time.

When is it okay to listen to Jehovah's music? Christmas songs and films are banned in my house, decorations yes, songs no :angry: films no :angry: the mention of Christmas....no :angry: