Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storm #2 Barney

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Looking at the 12z NetWx-SR the strongest winds will be moving into the Midlands and southern parts of N England in the next hour or so and quickly sweeping eastwards towards East Anglia with winds easing quite fast, and by midnight the strongest winds will have just about cleared the south east.

post-9615-0-14254100-1447788908_thumb.pnpost-9615-0-66547300-1447788912_thumb.pnpost-9615-0-14559800-1447788918_thumb.pnpost-9615-0-72130700-1447788922_thumb.pn

Edited by *Sub*Zero*
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

There are some strong gusts outside here now, and they are set to get stronger.

Posted

Some pretty strong gusts but lulls inbetween..... Thought garden fence on one side of garden was a goner a minute ago.... All leaves of trees up here now..... Warmish though 14c....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

No posts all of a sudden for 20 minutes. Has everyone just had a power cut? Lol.

Some fairly strong gusts here. Not a constant strong wind by any means but still about another hour until the peak.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Windy, rumbly, flashy or snowy.

Clocked 40 mph on my anemometer at 7.45pm just outside my front door. I was only outside for 2 minutes.! x

Posted

Three sheets of roofing just disintegrated on my covered patio area.

stained glass windowin wind. More stained glass windowin work this weekend that I didn't need.

Posted

Some pretty strong gusts but lulls inbetween..... Thought garden fence on one side of garden was a goner a minute ago.... All leaves of trees up here now..... Warmish though 14c....

Leaves will be blowing off whats left which isn`t that many on the taller trees except the oak and sycamore miles in these gusts.

Seems an up and down wind storm this after a lull its picked up again.

A daytime storm would show more impact.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Windy, rumbly, flashy or snowy.

I think we may be missing some members, looking at this map...

http://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/internet/en/fault-map/

https://www.westernpower.co.uk/Power-outages/What-s-Happening/Power-Cut-Map.aspx Yeah the south west too. x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Blimey, 1029 out of power around Hagley DY9, DY10 and DY11 Kidderminster. Also another 680 in Bewdley DY12 according to WPD maps. http://www.westernpo...er-Cut-Map.aspx

13573 properties currently have no power in the West Midlands region alone! http://www.westernpo...er-Cut-Map.aspx

Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Power out in nearby town Exmouth affecting 85 properties suggesting trees down in the area from localised gusts of 40 - 50 mph. Currently still sat at 36 mph as the highest gust so far today here. A windy evening which is nice but a shame it wasn't as strong as forecast. :(

Posted

Power out in nearby town Exmouth affecting 85 properties suggesting trees down in the area from localised gusts of 40 - 50 mph. Currently still sat at 36 mph as the highest gust so far today here. A windy evening which is nice but a shame it wasn't as strong as forecast. :(

You can have it, and if you've a free day this weekend you can help me strip my covered patio roof down, then replace the broken roof sheets if you like.

Chuffin wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Hmmm, sounds wild out there, but power held fine (thanks SP). On reflection we have had much much worse and power outages in the past. Our part of the valley runs South to North , with wind coming over the hill behind us from west we were fairly protected.

Hope Y'all stay safe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow

Well peeps are saying stronger wind gusts for 20:00-midnight but I'm not convinced the wind will get stronger where I am :( ... I hope I'm wrong though.

It's getting pretty wild here now, gusts over 50mph I'd guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Enjoy Barney, his wee brother is coming here tomorrow. Hopefully he will deliver more than a few 50mph gusts like Abigail did (in my area anyway) because that's just a wee breeze!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Latest synops from 20:00 showing Barney moving into the North Sea and the pressure gradient not as tight on the SW flank. I don't think the winds will get that much stronger than they are now and the very severe winds gusting over 80mph in N/NW Wales should be over pretty soon. 

post-9615-0-74637800-1447793010_thumb.gi

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Some really big gusts now, must be over 60 mph. Getting just a touch scary now. Reminds me of the February 2014 storm. Also the wind may have become more westerly so i'm a bit more exposed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow

Well if the worst is over that wasn't much of a storm, about as menacing as the cute and cuddly dinosaur of the same name. A sustained spell of 60mph+ gusts might have been worthy of giving Storm status but please Met Office if we're going to start giving storm names every time anything more then a strong breeze comes through then we've all turned abit soft. Most we've had here is the odd 50mph gust!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

had a power cut about and hour ago, 480 properties went down in my area, ld say twice within mins. glad l have a UPS.. tho l wasnt sure how long the power would be down for (my UPS is kinda cheap and cheerful)..

touch wood im hoping the worst has passed.

Posted

had a power cut about and hour ago, 480 properties went down in my area, ld say twice within mins. glad l have a UPS.. tho l wasnt sure how long the power would be down for (my UPS is kinda cheap and cheerful)..

touch wood im hoping the worst has passed.

Where are you?

Well if the worst is over that wasn't much of a storm, about as menacing as the cute and cuddly dinosaur of the same name. A sustained spell of 60mph+ gusts might have been worthy of giving Storm status but please Met Office if we're going to start giving storm names every time anything more then a strong breeze comes through then we've all turned abit soft. Most we've had here is the odd 50mph gust!

So the naming of storms should be based on how severe it gets in Upminster, Essex only?

~15,000 properties are out of power across the West Midlands Region tonight, plenty in Wales too. Lots going on with reports of fallen trees. Sounds pretty stormy to me!

Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 2