Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England and East Anglia weather discussion/chat - 15th November 2015 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Was out in just a short sleeved thin cotton shirt in Bexleyheath this afternoon around 1.30/2pm, seemed like a Spring day with the sun out and birds singing like the 1st of May!

Anyone got an idea of top temps this afternoon in the SE? Felt like 17/18c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, snowray said:

Was out in just a short sleeved thin cotton shirt in Bexleyheath this afternoon around 1.30/2pm, seemed like a Spring day with the sun out and birds singing like the 1st of May!

Talking about spring, my blue bells will be in flower soon.

Posted
2 hours ago, snowray said:

Onice the cold comes it will hit us! Top temperature in this region was around the 14-15C mark the average is what 8C? The diurnal temperature range is very small, currently it is 12C so no wonder the CET is running almost 5C which is mesmerising above the 81 to 10 average. I look foward to seeing something more seasonal and wintry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Dreary start with light rain on and off and yet another mild one at 11.5C at sunrise.... sorry, cloud rise. Anyway, something to look forward to.... we swop warm rain for cold(er) rain on Thurs/Fri!! :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Just nipped home to walk the dog on lunch. Bright and mild this afternoon.

My local park taken 20 minutes ago.. Bit early don't you think......

image.png

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Been out in a T-Shirt and now having an ice cream to cool off, I might even have a barbecue later. My trees are budding already, well what do you expect, it is spring after all.:angry:

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Been out in a T-Shirt and now having an ice cream to cool off, I might even have a barbecue later. My trees are budding already, well what do you expect, it is spring after all.:angry:

Amazing,no heating on shorts at the ready,could sit in the garden and get a sun tan,what is happening to the British weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

After yet another gloomy morning when it feels as though it's still partly dark, the clouds have cleared as the front has moved away leaving a pleasant, sunny afternoon.

Posted

Very atmospheric following a downpour there was an absolutely massive rainbow! :)

image.thumb.jpeg.b874781e9a4bf8293ce681fimage.thumb.jpeg.5164516c8e7ef67d7848328image.thumb.jpeg.8da529bac71bb5f6b981304image.thumb.jpeg.fcb502eb0044023129023be

image.thumb.jpeg.efab13f3af0227c181a4963image.thumb.jpeg.bfb9bbc15868042d48b6623

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Starting to cloud over here now

Cam1..jpg

Edit, all clear again! next doors pesky lights are irritating me though lol

Edited by Essex Easterly.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not a bad afternoon here after a cloudy and drizzly start.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Been sunny spells and short but torrential showers and beautiful convectional coudscapes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Hubs had rain on the way to work, but it had dried up when i had to go out and it's so mild it's stupid. Felt a little cooler as expected in the afternoon, but sunny and had no showers here.

Once it gets a bit more 'seasonal' i will curse it i'm sure, but dressing for a cold december morning to find it feels like the end of september, doesn't make it feel very Christmassy at all

• Like 1

Posted

After a dull, drizzly morning a really heavy (and unexpected) 15 min spell of rain came through around 13.30. But it was quickly followed by lots of clear blue sky. Then looking back at the front that had just gone through there were some big anvil clouds showing in the sunshine. Wished I'd had the camera with me. It certainly made a nice change from the earlier grey murky dross. But looking back this evening at the Fax chart for midday I'm struggling to decide what caused it. Surely it couldn't have been the cold front because the following occluded front would have seen cloud return, not blue sky? So maybe the final trough? :cc_confused:  Anyway, not important, but I enjoyed it. :)

Meto Fax Chart 08Dec.gif

• Like 1

Posted

Wonderful start to the day. The sun coming up in a clear, light blue sky and the temp at 07.30 a more seasonal 4.4C. Off to work on a local farmhouse this morning - should be enjoyable in the sunshine!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

A slight frost,which amazed me,this morning,and a beautiful morning it is,weather wise its giving me the hump,im still in shorts,the crocuses are up,the daffs are up,my goat is up,the grass is growing,and yes im moaning,cmon mother nature,lets have some seasonal stuff,im already feeling a sense of daja-vu,and looking in the mod thread hasnt helped a bit,at least its not raining here,just a shame those in the north west are suffering yet again,have a good day all

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

lovely crisp morning here.

didn't expect it as didn't notice it mentioned anywhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Nice dry sunny morning, not much wind about, and my blue bells are getting ready to bloom. Not just my blue bells but also irises and tulips.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Lovely morning here, feeling slightly crisp and cooler, clear and sunny...just like Winter should be ( but without snow )

Might be the last bit of sun we see again for a while!!! :wallbash:

Posted

A cold start to the day it went well below double figures for the first time in a while.

image.jpeg

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Indeed, colder this morning but bright sunshine and blue skies, lovely.

Charts out to Christmas now on the GFS and its looking pretty grim for coldies. ECM even worse out til the 19th, with a classic Euro high setting up shop by the look of things. Still time for things to change of course, but when a decent run turns up from time to time it is swiftly chucked in the bin later in the day. A small possibility a Greeny high forming, or HP around Iceland which have been showing on some runs but only 10% change right now I'd say.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

If you think we're having mild weather think of USA, my mate lives in New York State and the weather is much like here in fact they are having temps in the mid teens and where he lives should only be around 4c. There local weather forecast carries this theme well into new year, and they could also have the warmest Christmas Day temp on record too!

So ways  things are going we could be having the same. We all just know that when we hit 1st March then the cold will start which is also widely predicted. So worth putting a tenner now on a white Easter I have!

• Like 1