Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather Discussion 14/11/15 Onwards

Liam J

Posted

I think the precipitation broke up as it hit the northern and eastern fells, we were bone dry last night... pity because temps were ripe for snow cover, dry frost this morning.. lovely blue skies and white covered fells.. winter is here!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

I think the precipitation broke up as it hit the northern and eastern fells, we were bone dry last night... pity because temps were ripe for snow cover, dry frost this morning.. lovely blue skies and white covered fells.. winter is here!

Excellent - Skiddaw and probably the Dodds - Helvellyn dusted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Temperatures have climber to about 3c but without the forecast wind it feels ok outside.

Certainly a bit more seasonal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Woke up to a nice covering perhaps 2cm. Just managed an air frost at some point during the night -0.3°C and not the temp has not recovered much still only 0.8°C

Posted

Still a bit of snow on the moors north of Rochdale. 1.9c out there at the moment and ice remains in the shade. Beautiful day out of the chilly wind. post-12914-0-98075700-1448108586_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Up to the dizzy height of 2.9c, brilliant crisp clear day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

has it all melted ???

Melted off the paths and roads but otherwise still 70% there.

• Like 1

Posted

Plenty of snow round these parts, it's all going to be a ice-rink soon though with the daytime temps melting it all slightly on concrete surfaces and clear skies forecast for tonight.

Posted

about the same here ,makes a change to have some useful bright weather ..

Bit more cloud filtering down from the north turning the sunshine hazy ahead of the weather system which may bring some rain showers later, wintry on hills. 

Cold day with a max of 3.1c so far, got the heating on already! 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A 20 minute spell of moderate rain at 03:00 with gusty winds in the early hours. Min temp last night was 3.2°C, max today 5.3°C now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

That's surprising as it's usually ourselves who need substantial altitude while it settles on lower ground up in Cumbria.

That said though the ground is still quite warm and yourselves have had a lot of rain which won't help.

What we all need is a few ice days to cool the surfaces but it's not looking likely, at least in the short term.

nah mate its absolutely awful for snow up here, places like Liverpool and even Blackpool are slightly better, onlycause when there's a cold NW'ley they get the showers whilst up here there out to sea by the IOM. 

nah mate its absolutely awful for snow up here, places like Liverpool and even Blackpool are slightly better, onlycause when there's a cold NW'ley they get the showers whilst up here there out to sea by the IOM.

I think you fare worse than me in your location ,and I don't do very well...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

when there's a cold northwesterly they almost always deliver as sleet and hail, rather than snow, so I think we're in the same boat to be honest. Coastal NW England is a tropical paraside - it's even worse for the north wales coast (aka rain, sleet and hail all the way in a northerly - usually)

!

Edited by SP1986

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Worth noting it reached the dizzy heights of 6.4C here today but since then the cloud has started coming in and the temperature had dropped to 5.6C. Low last night a rather unimpressive 3.6C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

when there's a cold northwesterly they almost always deliver as sleet and hail, rather than snow, so I think we're in the same boat to be honest. Coastal NW England is a tropical paraside - it's even worse for the north wales coast (aka rain, sleet and hail all the way in a northerly - usually)

!

A cold NW'ley as in -8+ uppers, it doesn't happen a lot but its happened a few times where there's been a continuous stream of showers smashing into the NW coast south of Blackpool right the way down to chester giving some big snowfalls, and any where north of Blackpool has been bone dry.

Posted

it can happen the opposite way too, even for here in Wirral for example it can be frustrating.. a westerly wind and it goes straight into Liverpool, a NNW wind those showers go straight into Wales - it's more common for them to go to Liverpool than over here, so I share your pain. 

I've had numerous situations where I've travelled from here and there nothing, then in Liverpool there was a nice dumping of snow - this happened quite a few times when I travelled from home to university.

I have noticed though that you get virtually next to no streamer events. I think it's down to the shape and topography of the coastline, and Liverpool/Morecambe Bay.

Edited by SP1986

Posted

A few light showers of rain here, temp 3.4c. 

Posted

Uppers on the rise with the ppn/showers moving in. The coldest place in the UK currently according to XC Weather is Shap in Cumbria @ -3c, and Aboyne in Scotland. 

post-9615-0-43422000-1448125208_thumb.pn

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted

It's really gone cold here now. I'm down to minus 2C.

It's really gone cold here now. I'm down to minus 2C.

Are you sure that's right? On BBC Weather app it say it's supposed to be 2C as of 1700 where you are.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Alot of convection in the irish sea. Possible streamers?

Posted

very light rain here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

It is absolutely freezing out there now. Frost is already forming on the cars now.