Region, cheshire,Merseyside, lancashire for snow and strong

Winds,does state though that they dont expect any snow to

Settle at low levels.

C.S

Edited by cheshire snow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Snow warning is restricted to E Cumbria - wind warning for Lancs/Cheshire/Merseyside.

A confusing warning shows the main hazzard as wind but

Also mentions snow within that warning area.

Hay ho not to worry,at least it wont be mild.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Quite a pleasant day so far with some periods of sunshine, 11.4c with a cool westerly wind. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Cloudy and windy with rain showers with a heavy one just recently. 9.6°C

Posted

The possibility of fast moving showers interspersed with frequent sunny spells, has rapidly declined into a slow moving ever expanding shower stream, which is taking great delight in sitting over the Greater Manchester area today.  Filthy day, with much more falling rain than I expected.

Posted

Another really poor day to be working outside. Make that three days in a row. Fairly certain the forecast this morning was nowhere as bad as it has been just 3 or 4 hours later.

Another really poor day to be working outside. Make that three days in a row. Fairly certain the forecast this morning was nowhere as bad as it has been just 3 or 4 hours later.

aye no one rembers you when you work outside in bad weather ,then when it's hot and sunny say how lucky you are ,I worked with heavy plant .. Edited by Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Dull day with showers. Looking forward to a bit of cold weather !!

Posted

Nice looking snow risk chart from the 12z GFS with things shunted further west on this run... 100% risk of snow  :rofl:

post-9615-0-06904700-1447951070_thumb.pn

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted

lol best laugh I've had all day !!!!

me too it's been a rubbish day

It's also nice to be chatting about snow at least at this time of year

• Like 1

Posted

lol best laugh I've had all day !!!!

You want another laugh.... The GFS is showing the snowfall along with winds gusting 60-70mph over the region!! So, Severe gales, snow and wind chill -5 to -10c....    :help:  :rofl:

Edited by *Sub*Zero*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

You want another laugh.... The GFS is showing the snowfall along with winds gusting 60-70mph over the region!! So, Severe gales, snow and wind chill -5 to -10c....    :help:  :rofl:

And much of the region misses out on the warning for wind, all of it for snow.

Still I'm not expecting any snow, quite the opposite in fact as the best chance of us ever getting dry and sunshine would be while others get covered in snow.

Absolutely atrocious day today with shower after shower throughout and little dry in between.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Aww crap, I'm within the yellow warning on Friday night.

Still there's one positive, I guess. If it snows properly then at least I can time-lapse it.

Your best setup is Arctic westerly similar to 20th Dec '09, and 5th Jan '10, i know that's when Stockport gets pasted

• Like 1

Posted

And much of the region misses out on the warning for wind, all of it for snow.

Still I'm not expecting any snow, quite the opposite in fact as the best chance of us ever getting dry and sunshine would be while others get covered in snow.

Absolutely atrocious day today with shower after shower throughout and little dry in between.

Not expecting any snow either, but if things are moving westwards as we get nearer like the GFS this evening then it can't be ruled out especially over higher ground at least. Whatever happens it will be pretty cold after recent weeks and it will feel sub zero in the wind. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

ha ha ha ha .........:)..

Don't worry Moki, Di Oxberry will be on just before 7 with that cringeworthy statement.

"Thankfully it looks like our region will miss the snow"

Followed by....

"Oh and the cold will only last a couple of days before much milder conditions return"

• Like 2

Not expecting any snow either, but if things are moving westwards as we get nearer like the GFS this evening then it can't be ruled out especially over higher ground at least. Whatever happens it will be pretty cold after recent weeks and it will feel sub zero in the wind.

will be brisk on the fells too :)..
  • Like 2

Posted

Well just watched the regional forecast and I'm even more confused.

Eno is talking about snow and warnings but neither the graphics or the Met Office maps back this up.

She also said that the entire region is under a warning for high winds when the maps show the southern half only.

Something's got to give here...is it that great and trusted institute we rely on for accurate weather forecasts.....or is the Met Office.

We'll know in a couple of days time.

Well just watched the regional forecast and I'm even more confused.

Eno is talking about snow and warnings but neither the graphics or the Met Office maps back this up.

She also said that the entire region is under a warning for high winds when the maps show the southern half only.

Something's got to give here...is it that great and trusted institute we rely on for accurate weather forecasts.....or is the Met Office.

We'll know in a couple of days time.

yep, I guess it's suck it and see time ......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

So the meto warnings arenfor strong nwley, streamers are possible with this setups?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The wind warning mentions a band of precipitation. so it seems as if they are expecting the same band causing disruptive snow further ne under the Separate snow warning to also affect the south of the region but to a lesser extent. The warning states that it is only for wind because that is judged to be the primary threat, but settling snow to lower levels is still possible.

Still quietly optimistic about the weekend, you never know what could pop up in such a potent AM flow. Nowcast time.

Edited by Chris R
  • Like 4